Become a Patron!

alien 220w/baby beast

I have been vaping for about a month now with a subvod stick and my wife surprised me with the smok alien 220w with baby beast smok tank and i was wondering if that is to big of a jump for me for using 12mg nic

I have been vaping for about a month now with a subvod stick and my wife surprised me with the smok alien 220w with baby beast smok tank and i was wondering if that is to big of a jump for me for using 12mg nic
I am asking cuz the coils say 55-65 watts and i dont know the watts on the subvod stick but im sure they a way lower then 55 watts

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I used 12mg when I 1st started DTL(direct to lung). You could just go easy if your concerned about nic buzz but if your direct lung hitting the subvod the you'll probably like the 12mg. Also used the BBB. Make sure you:
Prime all the holes in the sides of the coil really well, including down the center hole next to the coil wire. Soak it good.
When you first hit the new coil, start really low on wattage and slowly increase until it vapes like you want. Give the coil time to break in, in between hits while doing this.
There's no formula for wattage, it's what you like. Smok over rates the upper wattage on those coils, so if you land at the upper end of that 65 watts, the coil's life will be noticeably shorter. Replace when the taste tells you too,

Make sure you get good batteries from a reputable vendor. IMRBatteries / Lion Wholesale are a couple. There's only about 4 makers of the best batteries, most everything else is rebranded. Don't get rebranded. Your best choices are Sony VCT6 and Samsung 30Q for regulated mod like Alien 220. Also, keep your batteries as a "married" pair, don't use the same batteries independently.

Now that you're a vaper, there's a link in my sig. Mooch is also on Facbook and other places. Easily found. He's the vaping battery guru for application, quality, and test results for vaping. Take some time to go through his material that pertains to you. Stay safe.

Welcome to the Underground :vino:

Last edited:

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You don’t have to vape exactly at the recommended wattage of the coil, you can vape lower if you want. I’d recommend you coming from a pen, the Q2 .4 ohm baby beast coils, start out lower and work your way up until you get the vape you like.

As far as nic level you’ll just have to see for yourself, I vape 10mg at times .13 ohms @ 100 watts, but that is considered very high nic in general for the wattage, but I enjoy the throat hit and busy at work it’s nice to get one big rip for my nic fix.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might wanna try 6mg. Def switch if 12mg is problematic. (harsh,buzz,od etc)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I run my Baby Beast with the X4 coils at 32.5 Watts or so and most of my coils at least 20-25% less than the recommendations. Try the 12MG and if your heads spins cut down or vape less. Also get some Zero MG and cut it in half. Good Luck and Nice Wife to buy you a cool MOD.

VU Sponsors