Become a Patron!

Alien Wire

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Ok so i bought some Premium Alien wire - 0.3 x 0.8 + 32GA.

My question is, how many wraps and at what mm to get a dual coil build to around .20, and is that safe on standard 20amp batteries, Im unsure whether to go with 4, 5 or 6 wraps and at 2.5 or 3mm etc.
Basically want to get each coil to around .40ohms, cant find any video builds anywhere on youtube for this wire, obviously i dont mind if i have to go up to .5 or .6 per coil if ,2 isnt safe on dual 20amps batts.

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Tried steam engine, cant figure it out, the wire wizard doesnt allow me to choose my listed wire config. The Batteries i have are Samsing 25r, and LG HG2s, and the mod is a Rev GTS 230w.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tried steam engine, cant figure it out,

I sent you a link to the Home Page and it will take longer than 5 minutes for you to read and watch some video tutorials. I can understand your eagerness to be vaping but if your going to be building you need to take the time required to learn the mechanics and safety precautions needed. Good Luck

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Tried steam engine, cant figure it out, the wire wizard doesnt allow me to choose my listed wire config. The Batteries i have are Samsing 25r, and LG HG2s, and the mod is a Rev GTS 230w.
Use the WireWizard part of the Steam Engine site. Choose the Clapton option, and choose ribbon wire as your core. Make the ribbon dimensions 0.3x0.8. Choose 32 gauge (round wire) as the wrap. Then adjust the other variables to your preferences.

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Use the WireWizard part of the Steam Engine site. Choose the Clapton option, and choose ribbon wire as your core. Make the ribbon dimensions 0.3x0.8. Choose 32 gauge (round wire) as the wrap. Then adjust the other variables to your preferences.

Thanks, but i dont see any option to choose ribbon wire anywhere on wire wizrd, thats what threw me, the inability to selectthe 2 cores type

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
MEEXGY5.png

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys, figured it, i wasnt choosing claptom, so 5 wraps at 3mm, dual coil should be around .24 ohms, roughly, thats fine if i wanna get down to .18 i can drop to 2.5. thankyou. just need to find a cheaper site to buy it mow

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Also, and this is an extremely common mistake (even among experienced coil builders) - use 1/2 wraps if both leads are going in the same direction. So what most people call 5 wraps is actually 4.5 wraps. Full wraps are when the leads go in opposite directions.

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Thanks crazyChef, yer i work in halfs, i always class a 5 as 4.5, but yer thats perfect, 4.5 wraps at 3mm gives me about .40 everytime per coil so happy at that, thanks again for your help.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok so i bought some Premium Alien wire - 0.3 x 0.8 + 32GA.

My question is, how many wraps and at what mm to get a dual coil build to around .20, and is that safe on standard 20amp batteries, Im unsure whether to go with 4, 5 or 6 wraps and at 2.5 or 3mm etc.
Basically want to get each coil to around .40ohms, cant find any video builds anywhere on youtube for this wire, obviously i dont mind if i have to go up to .5 or .6 per coil if ,2 isnt safe on dual 20amps batts.
Would you be willing to say where you got the alien wire from?

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Would you be willing to say where you got the alien wire from?

Sure, i bought it from my local vape stall on the market in Carlisle cumbria. any similar brand is available online, its £5 for 5 meters at my store, dont know how much online, may find it cheaper, but anyone needing it, im more than happy to buy and post for the cost of wire and stamps if people struggle to find it.

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Sure, i bought it from my local vape stall on the market in Carlisle cumbria. any similar brand is available online, its £5 for 5 meters at my store, dont know how much online, may find it cheaper, but anyone needing it, im more than happy to buy and post for the cost of wire and stamps if people struggle to find it.

Or it can be found on wish.com at £2. But wish ship from china and it takes a few week. - - - https://www.wish.com/search/alien wire 0.3 x 0.8 +32ga#cid=5ad05297e114ef5688575227

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it sounds like you bought a roll of staple wire that the Chinese call alien.. alien wire has 3 or 4 cores of round wire.. no ribbon unless it's a fralien and it's a ribbon stack framed with round wire.. I suppose you could alien wrap a stack of ribbon, but from what I've seen, they haven't done that.. here's a photo of the alien I'm using now
0281f92a27880c5116d9aac6d7b2c8c4.jpg
d32acb3d7661bffa242eb2354e054a50.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

edit: but to answer your question, i would need to know how many pieces of the ribbon are stacked inside the wire.. I'd start with 5 or 6 wraps and then stick it on a good ohm meter..

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Why do big coil companies use such large wire to wrap with?

There only reason in posting this is how many times I see someone new to the coil world get completely off by aliens using wrap wire thicker than 36g. 36 being the absolute largest I'd ever use.

.3x.8.. that's also a huge performance Wacker.

Thick Wrap wire plus bad core wire will wack you performance

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Why do big coil companies use such large wire to wrap with?

There only reason in posting this is how many times I see someone new to the coil world get completely off by aliens using wrap wire thicker than 36g. 36 being the absolute largest I'd ever use.

.3x.8.. that's also a huge performance Wacker.

Thick Wrap wire plus bad core wire will wack you performance

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

No idea, good question, the wire i use is great, no problems with flavour or cloud and they last fine if cleaned

GrayG70

Member For 1 Year
Just to add, im not a Hobbyist vaper or a fashion vaper lol, im purely in this coz i gave up smoking in January and this is nothing more than NRT for me, once im off NIC and at 0mg, the vapes will be getting sold and thats end of vaping.

VU Sponsors