Become a Patron!

All of my coils are burnt soon after replacing it?

Hello, this is my first time on this forum although I should've come to you guys a bit sooner...

My set-up:
Battery: iTaste MVP 2.0
Tank: Aspire Nautilus 5ML w/adjustable air flows
Atomizer: 1.6 OHM BVC Coil
Wattage is set to 9
Voltage is set to 4.2
Airflow: Largest hole

So I have had this set-up for years now (same W/V settings have been used as well) and within a week and a half I went through like 7 coils (and YES I prime them before use of course). I purchased a 5 pack of BVC coils from WOV (my first time purchasing from them) and when I got to using them I noticed they had an incredibly short lifespan. The first two lasted long enough that nothing was that suspicious but was still short of impressive. One coil lasted for 48 hours after screwing it in, another less than 24 hours, and another almost immediately. I first thought I received a faulty coil pack and contacted them and they blew me off and ignored any further attempts to resolve the issue (extremely disappointing).

I then happened to find 2 coils still in the package in my drawer. They died very quickly as well (within 24 hours of screwing it in) except this time I happened to hold onto the coils considering now it seems like the 5 pack from WOV may not have been faulty but there is something wrong with my set-up.

I checked and my Aspire Nautilus is in fact genuine. My wattage and voltage settings have never given me problems before not has my tank despite some gurgling and minor leakage but those symptoms went away with a good cleaning or replacing the coil. What in the hell could be wrong?

Thank you for taking your time to look over my issue, much appreciated.

EDIT: I am unsure if this is just a regular sign that the wick is burning out, but it's best not to leave out any details: Sometimes as I vape I get the burnt taste but I keep taking hits and after a few I will get the normal flavor back and this will go back and forth for an unknown amount of time before the coil finally dies.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the base could be wonky, I know my moms aerotank out of the box was off and shorting it out.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rebuild one of the coils if you have any kanthal laying around. That looks like mine did after I ran some max VG juice. Gums it up. After I started rebuilding them to horizontal coils with cotton wicks in tank I had no issue with high VG juice.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the MVP 2.0 has an ohm reading on the display, watch it. My MVP 3.0 started ohm jumping, and reading a much higher resistance than actual, so it was cranking the power up to compensate. Instant burn hit and torched coils.

The problem ended up being a bad 510.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If the MVP 2.0 has an ohm reading on the display, watch it. My MVP 3.0 started ohm jumping, and reading a much higher resistance than actual, so it was cranking the power up to compensate. Instant burn hit and torched coils.

The problem ended up being a bad 510.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I use 1.6 OHM coils and it usually reads around 1.8 but I think it increases the older the coil is.

You are aware you can't vape Hersheys syrup right out of the market, right? :)

Your juice is prolly your problem. What's goin' on in there?

Recently I have used Cloud Science's "Gamma" and "Beta", Robot Sauce's "Jack Hammer", and Mad Hatter's "Blueberry Ice"

the base could be wonky, I know my moms aerotank out of the box was off and shorting it out.

I tried using another tank which also happens to be a Nautilus Aspire except I stopped using this one because it's pull is really slow. I just started to with a new coil to see how fast this one dies.

VU Sponsors