All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This reference is older than most of us, but widely known. Photography - Vape Photography more specifically, is the focus of this thread. I'll be posting pics from the more than 200 stands we've made.

Feel free to post pics if you own an Absolute-Wood stand or have a cool vape stand you'd like to show off -
Please no vape stand vendors! - LOL :gaah:

I'll get us started:
26300040652_017dbf19c7_b.jpg

Almost ready for Vape Stand Photography! A new run of holders are ready for their "close ups" before they hit the website for sale.

This is my most common set up. For those that care - 2x 400ws strobes, 44" umbrellas, Canon 40 D, 17-40L

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
24590168613_152a575556_c.jpg

Box MOD Heaven - Tanks & Rebuildables pretty happy too!

This holder is made with an exceptionally beautiful, and very hard wood - Caribbean Rosewood on top and bottom. The two bands of dark wood are an African wood named Wenge (Win-ghee or Win-ghay), also dense and hard. The center piece is another African wood - Padauk. Black flocking all around and on the bottom. Flocking is especially important for scratch resistance with very hard exotic woods. Some wood is so hard it can be substituted for metal bushings in machinery if necessary. Even Oak can mark up a MOD or tank.

16030896061_2ff13cd2e4_c.jpg

A Little Bit of Everything!

This holder was a highly custom design with a few special features. Immediately apparent is the drawer - a special feature involves the two gold disks embedded in the holder right above the drawer; they're magnets. The drawer has a set of matching magnets on it's bottom side so it "snaps" into place on the top of the holder when needed. Additional magnets on the back of the drawer and inside the holder hold the drawer in the stand. Two 510 rebuild lugs. Custom flocking color. Custom brass drip tip for drawer pull. Wenge & Padauk. Also made a matching single too:

16032849445_3362b5f33d_c.jpg

A view with the drawer magnetically "snapped" to position on top of the holder. The single holder has 3 thick SsSteel washers epoxied in the base for additional stability. Very hard to tip over.

8687299195_0b2d5e8a1f_c.jpg

Here we have a close up of what we call a triple lamination. The front and back are laminations of Oak with a Walnut stripe (laminations 1 & 2), the center is Zebrawood with Padauk on both sides (3rd lamination). A single lamination consists of 2 or 3 pieces of wood glued together.

11246034425_78c0ee4b96_c.jpg

Another closeup - very colorful woods. From the top: Wenge, Padauk, Purple Heart, then reversed. Red flocking. This is considered a double lamination. This is clear coat only, these are the natural colors of the woods.

17101266157_7518d97dab_c.jpg

A new product, Car Caddies. For now we are starting with caddies for Tube MODs. We may also produce them for Box MODs if there is sufficient interest. Walnut with Padauk.

9767515232_c91622839a_c.jpg

This is a custom Walnut & Padauk triple set. All three holders are a different height. Note the holes in the large crescent holder that are for side button PVs.

26565969121_9e5651585b_o.jpg

Another new product - A Coffeee Table Spinner. This Oak & Walnut holder features a Lazy Susan ball bearing spinner on the underside. Room for juice, tanks, PVs, tips, batteries, and the remote too!

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From one wood guy to another your work is dope as hell bro! Keep it up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks much - I've perused your Mods, and that makes the compliment quite valuable; awesome work, love the engraved logo - looks great.

Also, just watched the "wet fishing" video - quite a testament to quality, great job bro -

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a note, rant, whatever - it's important - many may have gotten the CASAA email about this.

My thoughts on the matter, you're welcome to use any or all of it if you like -

The measure that keeps existing vapor products on the market (Cole-Bishop amendment) is seriously being considered for the new fiscal year budget. This saves the vapor market and thousands of small American companies - notably mine. Millions of lives are at stake. Everyone will be affected. Our representatives need to hear from us.

Favorable data from scientific groups around the world is pouring in (consensus of 95% safer than smoking) and overwhelming the cries of those entities that will lose billions of dollars if vapor products are widely adopted as the safer alternative to tobacco use.

State governments receiving payments from large tobacco companies (Tobacco Master Settlement) and pharmaceutical companies making stop smoking aids will lose the most. The tobacco companies seem to know this is their future and are quietly supporting parts of the vapor industry.

Elimination of the vapor market will have a direct, negative impact on more than ten million individuals in the US, and many more will experience indirect negative consequences. More than 99% of the products will disappear from the market in August 2018 if this is allowed to transpire. Many jobs and small businesses lost, many who will reluctantly return to smoking. Removing the right to choose for future tobacco users. A billion people are expected to die from tobacco use this century. Vapor products might cut that number in half.

If this is "whined" or complained out of the budget by a group of politicians and activists, the possibility of the most profound boon to public health in decades or even centuries will be nearly choked from existence.

This seems the equivalent of ignoring the promise of great good coming from something new, not generally understood and almost magic like with it's ability to save lives - like penicillin.

We can't let money and power win this time, it hurts us all.

Rick Hageman
Absolute-Wood.com

VU Sponsors