All Things Capella

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We split the Inawera and Capella thread to make it easier for readers to keep up. Here's the new CAP thread. :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have nothing to add. I've never used Cap but excited for the info. Thanks fp!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
My add is.. most anything capella.. start at 6% and go up from there..
the best flavors I have found:
blueberry
strawberry
the sweet fruit flavors
cinnamon red hots

OOHHHH.. I forgot.. the fig.. :p

and the rest are so-so.. but my tastes might be different from others.. ;)

I might have all capella recipes somewhere, but it will take me a bit to find them..

Last edited:

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll add CAP Fig is very good, sweet and ripe fruit tasting. Cucumber is uber sweet and a bit artificial, but decent in mixes at lower %'s.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my favorites are

vanilla custard ........ the one, the only one. buying less than 4oz at a time is a waste of money

cappuccino ( tho it taste nothing like any cappuccino I have had its still yum)

sweet strawberry . 2nd fav strawberry for really sweet vapes or candy strawberry vapes. ( inawera strawberry is perfect strawberry candy tho)

egg nog is good at very low percentages

my least favorite are

simply vanilla............ simply the worst vanilla I have tried

cinnamon coffee cake

chocolate fudge brownie........ taste like a big pile of dirt.

these are only my opinions and opinions are like assholes, we all have one :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have over 60 flavors, but only got 2 big bottles of flavoring, both Capella's, 4oz of vanilla custard, use in a lot of different recipes, and also 4oz bottle of the strawberries and cream, me and wife both like the strawberries and cream and don't add any other flavors with it.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My Favorites:

NY Cheesecake
Vanilla Custard v2
Added Vanilla Custard v1
White Coconut

Last edited:

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Most people love CAP VC. I like to eat real custard but this just has never been it for me. Way too rich, to the point of being sick to my stomach. I just couldn't vape it. I just discovered after a month steep it is done! :p I just tried a few drops I made a month ago (I do this from time to time to see if I like it any better) and it's good. I am surprised. o_O

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Most people love CAP VC. I like to eat real custard but this just has never been it for me. Way too rich, to the point of being sick to my stomach. I just couldn't vape it. I just discovered after a month steep it is done! :p I just tried a few drops I made a month ago (I do this from time to time to see if I like it any better) and it's good. I am surprised. o_O
caps custard only gets better. it really does taste better 4 weeks later, let it sit around for 2 months and it will melt in your mouth. I always keep a big bottle of it mixed up and when it gets low or I have time I make more and pour it on top and let it seed steep. so so so good the longer it sits

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
caps custard only gets better. it really does taste better 4 weeks later, let it sit around for 2 months and it will melt in your mouth. I always keep a big bottle of it mixed up and when it gets low or I have time I make more and pour it on top and let it seed steep. so so so good the longer it sits
How do you mix it / do you add anything to it?
Do you know if the custard v2 is any good?

I bought a bottle of Kustard from GLV. It's great, but way to thick to vape in a tank. I'd love to give your version a try.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
How do you mix it / do you add anything to it?
Do you know if the custard v2 is any good?

I bought a bottle of Kustard from GLV. It's great, but way to thick to vape in a tank. I'd love to give your version a try.
let me refill my coffee. I might get long winded on this one. I love my custard.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I bought most of my Capellas before I had concerns about ingredient disclosure. There were a few I thought were really great: Peaches and Cream, Sweet Strawberry, and Chocolate Glazed Doughnut. I liked the first two standalone, the doughnut one in candy bar vapes. Most of the other Capellas I tried I didn't like.

but they're all pretty tasty in my morning coffee, or added to almond milk, or whipped cream on desserts...

hitman4274

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
cap vanilla custard is boss.. Def. a steeper

the sweet strawberry is pretty awesome too..
still going to try a lot more of their flavors..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok here it goes. I'll start with V2 because there will be less to say lol. V2 is good. its very close to V1 and does not need as long as a steep time as V1. V1 does beat it out by a small margin overall. some people report a plastic taste. I do not pick up on that tho. both have a somewhat chemically taste when vapes fresh. V2 less than V1 . I happen to like fresh mixed and steeped. it doesnt matter to me really lol. as far as how I mix caps custard is every way I can :) . I have this 120 ml bottle that I constantly fill up. it "seed steeps" . that bottle gets mixed at 7.5 - 10% what the real percentage is I dont know but its close enough anyways. I like it in that area as a stand alone flavor. I can vape it for days and days. also I will take that and just add drops of flavor to it. like cramp's coconut cake is a good example. I just draw out 30 ml and add flavor art drops and voila its ready. if I need more custard i can add a couple more percent and its fine. I have added almost everything you can think of to custard. I'm dripping my pina colada recipe on my custard right now . its good lol. coffees go awesome, chocolate, fruit, ry4, dark vapor lol, pie. If I have a recipe thats kinda meh I mix it with custard and it all of a sudden becomes awesome. the real key is steeping custard. I shake and vape almost everything but I will say in the case of custard it really needs it. everything benefits some from a couple days to a week steeping but custard needs a real good long caps on steep.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have a "vanilla" bottle to that is awesome. when I get down to a couple mls of a vanilla recipe I pour it in a 30 ml bottle. that one I am more picky about. it has to have flavors in it that are mostly vanilla and would compliment each other like a little coffee , a little custard, a little rum etc. one in awhile I will break that out and vape some. its like my holy grail bottle. I have no real idea whats in it but its very very tasty. try that with your mostly vanilla left overs :) in a few months you will thank me :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
. There were a few I thought were really great: Peaches and Cream,..
just tried the V2 peaches and cream. I like it a lot. I dont know if you have tried the vendor juice jameson. they had a peaches and cream flavor that reminds me of capellas peaches and cream. anyways I like it but you can smell "something" in it still.....

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know how to tell by looking at a CAP VC bottle whether it's V1 or V2. This bottle that I have doesn't specify.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
maybe a newer looking label?? not sure.. maybe if someone has one of the v2, post up a pic?

Iriesan

Member For 4 Years
I fell in love with Capella's line when I first started to DIY because of the flavors being able to stand alone or go with 2-3 ingredient options. Strawberry, Custard, Caramel, Cinnamon roll are still in my arsenal kit and the flavors hold true to what they smell like. For those of you that still have the fudge brownie and are not happy with how it tastes, try adding some custard to it 2-3% at first. This should change the profile to that chewy brownie you were hoping for.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Found some other Capella flavors I haven't even tried yet, so just mixed this one up.
Drip on my finger is tasty, gotta steep it for a bit now...

Apple Pie (experimental)

CAP Apple Pie 15%
FW Cinn. Roll 2.5% (could sub with CAP Cinn Danish Swirl tho)
CAP Caramel 1%
FA Fuji Apple 1%

Seanchai

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi all! Hoping for a little nudge in the right direction from those who have more experience than I. I'm trying to come up with a decent clone of D&D Vapor's Caramel Brownie, since I tear through it at a ridiculous speed. I'm 100% positive that Cap Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Cap Caramel are the main two flavorings, and I'm fairly sure I've got the percentages of those close - those are close enough to suit me, anyway. But I'm missing a flavor, and I'm not sure what it is.

Flavor wise, what's missing is a creamy sort of note in the background that rounds and deepens the overall profile. I've tried Cap Vanilla Custard, both 1 and 2, and they're *close* but not it. Also tried French Vanilla, which was nice but not close at all. I was thinking about stocking up on some other vanillas in my next flavoring order, but then I had another thought and sniffed one of my D&D bottles again.... the *scent* that's missing is distinctly buttery. Could Cap Butter really be what I'm looking for, or is there a buttery vanilla I need to check out? Or something else entirely?

I do know about the diacetyl/AP concerns, but whatever is missing is on the order of a drop (or less) per ten ml, so in this particular instance I'm not concerned, though I understand why others would be.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi all! Hoping for a little nudge in the right direction from those who have more experience than I. I'm trying to come up with a decent clone of D&D Vapor's Caramel Brownie, since I tear through it at a ridiculous speed. I'm 100% positive that Cap Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Cap Caramel are the main two flavorings, and I'm fairly sure I've got the percentages of those close - those are close enough to suit me, anyway. But I'm missing a flavor, and I'm not sure what it is.

Flavor wise, what's missing is a creamy sort of note in the background that rounds and deepens the overall profile. I've tried Cap Vanilla Custard, both 1 and 2, and they're *close* but not it. Also tried French Vanilla, which was nice but not close at all. I was thinking about stocking up on some other vanillas in my next flavoring order, but then I had another thought and sniffed one of my D&D bottles again.... the *scent* that's missing is distinctly buttery. Could Cap Butter really be what I'm looking for, or is there a buttery vanilla I need to check out? Or something else entirely?

I do know about the diacetyl/AP concerns, but whatever is missing is on the order of a drop (or less) per ten ml, so in this particular instance I'm not concerned, though I understand why others would be.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
7bbfdfcc02c0e6085b1e5a740584b926.jpg

Sent from my XT1030

Seanchai

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Excellent, thanks dre, much appreciated.

Seanchai

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Let me know if its right I'm gonna try that recipe out it sounds tasty

Will do. It'll be next month before I've got the funds to do another flavoring order, but cake batter will be top of the list - D&D's Caramel Brownie is my favorite chocolate vape and it is indeed very tasty. Not looking to replace them entirely, cause they're a solid little ejuice outfit with great prices, I just want to be able to DIY some for those times when I manage burn through my supply faster than anticipated between paychecks.

I'll definitely post here when I'm finished tinkering so everyone can try it out.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Will do. It'll be next month before I've got the funds to do another flavoring order, but cake batter will be top of the list - D&D's Caramel Brownie is my favorite chocolate vape and it is indeed very tasty. Not looking to replace them entirely, cause they're a solid little ejuice outfit with great prices, I just want to be able to DIY some for those times when I manage burn through my supply faster than anticipated between paychecks.

I'll definitely post here when I'm finished tinkering so everyone can try it out.

You might also try 10 drops, (per 10ml), of CAP NY Cheesecake.
Might not be exact, but I'd bet it would be good anyway.

Seanchai

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You might also try 10 drops, (per 10ml), of CAP NY Cheesecake.
Might not be exact, but I'd bet it would be good anyway.

Thanks Heabob, added to my list. A buddy of mine really likes Cap NY Cheesecake on its own, so I've been meaning to pick some up.

Im new to vu im hoping for some help from more advanced vapors than me. Im in need of a clone recipe of vapor crafts fog fuel line pearl flake. Its tbe best. Can someone please gelo me out with a pretty close clone of this great juice. Thanks

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Im new to vu im hoping for some help from more advanced vapors than me. Im in need of a clone recipe of vapor crafts fog fuel line pearl flake. Its tbe best. Can someone please gelo me out with a pretty close clone of this great juice. Thanks

I figure you want to do it with Capella flavors, since that's where you asked. From their description and the reviews, it's a rich vanilla custard with cinnamon/nutmeg sweet spice and a little baked-ness to it. That sounds like Capella Vanilla Custard plus Capella Cinnamon Coffee Cake. That Cinnamon Coffee Cake flavor tastes more cinnamon to some people, more nutmeg to others, and it has that bakery bit going on, so it sounds perfect. Capella's Vanilla Custard has a huge fan base. Give those two a try!

I figure you want to do it with Capella flavors, since that's where you asked. From their description and the reviews, it's a rich vanilla custard with cinnamon/nutmeg sweet spice and a little baked-ness to it. That sounds like Capella Vanilla Custard plus Capella Cinnamon Coffee Cake. That Cinnamon Coffee Cake flavor tastes more cinnamon to some people, more nutmeg to others, and it has that bakery bit going on, so it sounds perfect. Capella's Vanilla Custard has a huge fan base. Give those two a try!
Thank yoh very much

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm new at DIY. Those two are exactly what I was thinking of marrying. I haven't tried either one so I'm not sure about the percentages. Could you give me some advice on mixing those two. Sounds like juicemafia's cannella (my adv).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm new at DIY. Those two are exactly what I was thinking of marrying. I haven't tried either one so I'm not sure about the percentages. Could you give me some advice on mixing those two. Sounds like juicemafia's cannella (my adv).

I'm no expert with Capella, but I'd use more custard than cake. Maybe 4% Custard, 2% Cake to start. If a Capella fan replies though, go with their suggestion over mine! When you get it like you want it, please post your recipe in the recipes thread. A lot of people would like that.

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm no expert with Capella, but I'd use more custard than cake. Maybe 4% Custard, 2% Cake to start. If a Capella fan replies though, go with their suggestion over mine! When you get it like you want it, please post your recipe in the recipes thread. A lot of people would like that.
Thanks!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, where can I find a 4oz bottle of VC1? Looked at all the regular places and did a google search... nothing in stock.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bull city is out and ecigexpress & wizard labs only have the small bottles.
May just order direct but wanted to add a couple FA flavors to the order too.

So you're the one that took my VC Amanda :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ecigexpress carries larger sizes.. go to the wholesale side.
(it's cheaper that way)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bull city is out and ecigexpress & wizard labs only have the small bottles.
May just order direct but wanted to add a couple FA flavors to the order too.

So you're the one that took my VC Amanda :D

Awe, sorry! You might email Drew and ask him when he'll be getting it in?

By the way - has anyone ever done that price match on EcigExpress? I did a couple of weeks ago: BVC sells Capella flavors for 2.50, and most of the Capella flavors on EcigExpress are 2.98. I've purchased a lot from these people, but I never heard back from them on any of my price match requests, and now they've disappeared from my account (they were in a tab on my account previously).

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They didn't have Cappella in the wholesale section, FA and the others... but non capps :(

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll try that Amanda, thanx.

I used a 10% coupon last time and they usually have a current one on their FB page.
This week its a 10% code FBGOBBLEGOBBLE

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Awe, sorry! You might email Drew and ask him when he'll be getting it in?

By the way - has anyone ever done that price match on EcigExpress? I did a couple of weeks ago: BVC sells Capella flavors for 2.50, and most of the Capella flavors on EcigExpress are 2.98. I've purchased a lot from these people, but I never heard back from them on any of my price match requests, and now they've disappeared from my account (they were in a tab on my account previously).

you have to call that in, Amanda.. :)

VU Sponsors