Become a Patron!

All Things Capella

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
apparently, if it poofed, and i would let them know that too..

either which way.. i order all my flavors in larger sizes now so..
dunno.. but i am happy with them.. so far..
but i do have a few flavor companies i am looking at now that are newer.. :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
apparently, if it poofed, and i would let them know that too..

either which way.. i order all my flavors in larger sizes now so..
dunno.. but i am happy with them.. so far..
but i do have a few flavor companies i am looking at now that are newer.. :)

I order a lot from them too, mainly because they usually have what I need and their shipping is fast. But this annoys me and will make me think twice about ordering from them. I would order more often from BVC, but they often don't have everything I need at once.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it does not effect me in any way.:)
i call all my orders in, and i do talk to them about anything concerning my order or ideas for their company..
they have always been wide open to suggestions, and any problems i run into, they resolve quick.
I have never ordered from bull city, onestop, i refuse to buy a prepaid card, and rts.. the drama Randy created on ecf turned me away,
and he isnt but 2 hours from me. ecx will always have business from me. Wish they'd open up on the East Coast, ATL would be totally cool! :)
i plan on doing a pick up order next month with NicVape, and other than that, disappear for the next few days..
so looking forward to relaxing for Thanksgiving.. :)

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there a trick to getting the flavoring from a Capellas bottle? I had to cut part of the drip nozzle off.

Put a paper towel on top of the drip tip and use pliers...that's what I do. Those tips are on tight!!

Garry Getchell

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Put a paper towel on top of the drip tip and use pliers...that's what I do. Those tips are on tight!!
I wasn't clear on my question as I'm known for. When trying to get drops out to add to a recipe I have to squeeze the bottle so hard that I'm afraid the bottle will burst or the tip will blow off. The have a plastic something made into the tip that other bottle don't have. Don't have any idea what or why it is there.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I wasn't clear on my question as I'm known for. When trying to get drops out to add to a recipe I have to squeeze the bottle so hard that I'm afraid the bottle will burst or the tip will blow off. The have a plastic something made into the tip that other bottle don't have. Don't have any idea what or why it is there.

Maybe the hole just doesn't go all the way through? If so, you could jam an unbent mini paperclip in/out to complete the hole.

BunnyT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Use a pipette to measure drops. It's more accurate.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have to agree with @wllmc on the Chocolate Fudge Brownie, YUK.

More to add to the list.
All have kind-of the same funky chocolate taste.
Boston Cream Pie
Chocolate Glazed Doughnut
Chocolate Coconut Almond is only slightly better.

I think that Pralines & Cream has a hint of it also.
Not as bad, still testing it tho.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
All have kind-of the same funky chocolate taste.
Boston Cream Pie
Chocolate Glazed Doughnut
Chocolate Coconut Almond is only slightly better.

I'm not a huge Capella fan, but I must come to the defense of their Chocolate Glazed Doughnut flavor. lol
When added (as a minor ingredient) to candy-like recipes, it makes the precise flavor of cheap milk-chocolate candy coating, like on the outside of many popular American candy bars. That's the only hidden talent I've found in any of Capella's chocolates. (I won't harp on their lack of ingredient disclosure)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not a huge Capella fan, but I must come to the defense of their Chocolate Glazed Doughnut flavor. lol
When added (as a minor ingredient) to candy-like recipes, it makes the precise flavor of cheap milk-chocolate candy coating, like on the outside of many popular American candy bars. That's the only hidden talent I've found in any of Capella's chocolates. (I won't harp on their lack of ingredient disclosure)

I should have stated that I've only tried these as stand alone.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Testing CAP Orange Creamsicle now.
7% stand alone, maybe could go a bit higher.

Pretty good IMO
Has more of the "creamsicle" taste than the others I've tried.

Edit: To @Dixie1954 Next Post, yes, it sat for a week before trying.

Last edited:

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The thing about a lot of CAP is that you actually need to steep them LOL They are not all Shake-n-Vape ;) I am steeping a few right now and they are smelling very good:p:D

Visus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah Capella's need a nice long steep definitely not a week steeper flavoring needs 3 to get there, actual 7 weeks to be there..

I like choc fudge brownie i mix it very low @5% and find thats too strong 1st month, second month it taste right, perfect choc fudge brownie mix..

Ney york cheesecake takes two months and it is supreme tasty..

Bold Tobacco is a TA it takes on a couch syrupy note if used over 7% but under 7% it very thin in flavor. Its decent..

sweet tangerine is decent taste ike baby asprin to me..

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah Capella's need a nice long steep definitely not a week steeper flavoring needs 3 to get there, actual 7 weeks to be there..

I like choc fudge brownie i mix it very low @5% and find thats too strong 1st month, second month it taste right, perfect choc fudge brownie mix..

Ney york cheesecake takes two months and it is supreme tasty..

Bold Tobacco is a TA it takes on a couch syrupy note if used over 7% but under 7% it very thin in flavor. Its decent..

sweet tangerine is decent taste ike baby asprin to me..

I could never leave this one sit for more than a week, lol.
Although it was used in my fruit recipes as a mixer, 1-3%, but never as a stand alone.
Don't think I ever let something sit for 2 months, unless I was praying to the vape gods to make it not taste like shit:D.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some notes
It also imo almost nails the sweet taste of the bread of those pre-packaged donuts, consistent in the powdered and crumb variations (of the actual donuts) too. This sweet note is overshot in my opinion, and comes out more with age. This "preservative bread" taste is clever but gets tiresome to me kinda fast. Interesting vape and glad I tried it.

Cake batter: similar note unsteeped as the VCv2. Vape Wizard FA helps this one imo, makes it more like cake than batter.

Last edited:

Maxime

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Iriesan how do you mix the fudge brownie with the custard, I have tried and failed multiple times...

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
CAP NY Cheesecake is my all time favorite standalone, adv, blankee, the bees knees, the bomb, the shit...

I mix it at 10% standalone or add it to any juice that needs help. I love it mixed with TFA Sweet Raspberry.

NY Cheesecake to me is what Vanilla Custard is to @wllmc. I also love the Vanilla Custard standalone.

Someone mentioned steeping cheesecake for 2 months. Shit, I'd have to make 500ml's. There's an idea! :)

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anybody have a link to any of Capella's test results, specifically to any of the reformulated flavors such as Vanilla Custard (v2)...etc. I was just on their site but I didn't see anything.

Serenity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I absolutely love Cap's Cinnamon Danish Swirl v2. I found in a few other places that people seem to be using this as a standalone flavor at roughly 8-10%. I use it at 8% when I want it to be the main flavor in a recipe. I haven't found it to be a "pie crust" substitute in recipes, but it's more of a coffee cake type of deal. Personally I use it in things when I want that good cinnamon bakery flavor like in apple pie or an apple fritter. I'm working on a French Toast recipe where I use this very lightly. Just for the sake of research, I mixed this at 8, 9, and 10%. I'm going to let it steep for a day or 2 and then I'll report my findings back. I'll likely just edit this post with my findings rather than clutter things up in here.

Peaches and Cream: I always add more cream to it because it isn't creamy enough for my taste on it's own.
Strawberries and Cream: I add a touch of sweet cream or whipped cream to it (same reason as above).
Golden Pineapple: I just got this one in and it pairs nicely with Jason's Coconut Cake...just throwing that out there.
NY Cheesecake: I love this one. I could vape that stuff all day every day. It does need to steep for at least a week or 2 before it becomes really good.
Vanilla Custard v2: I've vaped the v1, but apparently I am of the minority that actually prefers the v2 to the v1. This one also needs to steep for a week or 3 before vaping it. I make what I consider to be a good cinnamon & graham custard with it. I've also mixed it with pineapple, cantaloupe, and honeydew (not all at the same time of course).

I'll mix up a few of the flavors I have as standalone flavors to try to get some more information on them for anyone who might be interested. I was wondering what I was going to do for my vacation next week ;)

Edit: Added a more thorough description of Cinnamon Danish Swirl v2.

Last edited:

Maxime

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cinnamon Danish is my favorite CAP so far. looking at your % I am a little bit higher... (15% max VG) cause I mostly drip it. I mix it with sugar cookie and vanilla custard V2 it is tasty :D

For the vanilla custard, I have my go to recipe, some clone of the grants apparently. (16% VC Cap, 3% Dulce de Leche, 1% EM) and you have an amazing custard.

Serenity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cinnamon Danish is my favorite CAP so far. looking at your % I am a little bit higher... (15% max VG) cause I mostly drip it. I mix it with sugar cookie and vanilla custard V2 it is tasty

Oh good! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'm trying to compile a list of what other people think is the right percentage as a standalone flavor so that I can do a more accurate average. This way people who are brand new can have some sort of starting point and work their way up. Thank you :)

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh good! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I'm trying to compile a list of what other people think is the right percentage as a standalone flavor so that I can do a more accurate average. This way people who are brand new can have some sort of starting point and work their way up. Thank you :)

Serenity, not sure if you've seen this but it may help you. It's the average recommended stand alone starting % for Capella and a bunch of other flavor companies. Take a look :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agXdua8bEp8MV4z1mn3qX4AXCS4P0RxQXcy2lDa7ccc/pub?gid=7

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Does anybody have a link to any of Capella's test results, specifically to any of the reformulated flavors such as Vanilla Custard (v2)...etc. I was just on their site but I didn't see anything.

Capella is very guarded in releasing any ingredient information. By deduction, v2 flavors use butryic acid and v1 use the more familiar ingredients.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry if i missed the post but any recommendations on percentage of caps cinnamon roll v2?

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my favorites are

vanilla custard ........ the one, the only one. buying less than 4oz at a time is a waste of money

cappuccino ( tho it taste nothing like any cappuccino I have had its still yum)

sweet strawberry . 2nd fav strawberry for really sweet vapes or candy strawberry vapes. ( inawera strawberry is perfect strawberry candy tho)

egg nog is good at very low percentages

my least favorite are

simply vanilla............ simply the worst vanilla I have tried

cinnamon coffee cake

chocolate fudge brownie........ taste like a big pile of dirt.

these are only my opinions and opinions are like assholes, we all have one :)
I agree with simply vanilla. terrible imo as a vanilla of any kind goes. I had high hopes for eggnog and couldnt make it work with anything. Anyone else gotten eggnog to work?

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing about a lot of CAP is that you actually need to steep them LOL They are not all Shake-n-Vape ;) I am steeping a few right now and they are smelling very good:p:D
You're right, caps needs to steep on some of their flavors. Some get better, some don't in my experience with them.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry if i missed the post but any recommendations on percentage of caps cinnamon roll v2?

CAP is Cinnamon Danish Swirl, (at least that's what my bottle says), 8-10%.
FW is Cinnamon Roll, (I've been using this one at 7% in a couple recipes).

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
CAP is Cinnamon Danish Swirl, (at least that's what my bottle says), 8-10%.
FW is Cinnamon Roll, (I've been using this one at 7% in a couple recipes).
Yea it is soz lol i done 10% but dint know weather it need more cuz its v2 lol whats fw cinnamon like? That have diktones rite?

happy vaping

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea it is soz lol i done 10% but dint know weather it need more cuz its v2 lol whats fw cinnamon like? That have diktones rite?

happy vaping

Yes, FW has the baddies, but it's a good flavor, although a bit of a coil gunker.
I've only tried CAP Cinnamon Danish v1, but v2 should be pretty close in percents I think.
Some Cinnamon will get stronger over time tho.
FA Cinnamon Ceylon is clean but it's quite different IMO.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, FW has the baddies, but it's a good flavor, although a bit of a coil gunker.
I've only tried CAP Cinnamon Danish v1, but v2 should be pretty close in percents I think.
Some Cinnamon will get stronger over time tho.
FA Cinnamon Ceylon is clean but it's quite different IMO.
Haha think il try stick with this one then. Not trying the baddie one then i wont no what im missing lol im already hooked on cap v1 custard and new york cheese cake lol strawberrys and cream should arrive tomorrow to

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My next vape mail lol
67d3f395cf7857b9ea8e3461dd1e4982.jpg

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just can't get any of the Strawberry/Raspberry flavors to work for me, I just hate em' all, lol.
CAP Peaches & Cream is a good one tho.
Oh, and I like their Orange Creamsicle too.

Got the Banana Split but haven't tried it yet, lol.
CAP Glazed Doughnut is on my wish list.
Cookies & Cream looks interesting, hmm.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just can't get any of the Strawberry/Raspberry flavors to work for me, I just hate em' all, lol.
CAP Peaches & Cream is a good one tho.
Oh, and I like their Orange Creamsicle too.

Got the Banana Split but haven't tried it yet, lol.
CAP Glazed Doughnut is on my wish list.
Cookies & Cream looks interesting, hmm.
Do you mean peaches and cream as a recipe or do they sell that as one concentrate? My vender dont sell that from what iv seen. And i love peach i yet to have tryed a peach vape still tho
Yes iv been in search for a good banana and from reviews banana is quite strong from that
Cookies and cream taste like Oreos apparently looking forward to that one lol
I know what you mean by stawberry as all the ones iv tryed i cant taste very much i seem to struggle with tasting it so im hoping that this one will give me that kick lol i hear tfa one is good but dint know what one to choose so just pulled the plug and went on caps lol

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you mean peaches and cream as a recipe or do they sell that as one concentrate? My vender dont sell that from what iv seen. And i love peach i yet to have tryed a peach vape still tho
Yes iv been in search for a good banana and from reviews banana is quite strong from that
Cookies and cream taste like Oreos apparently looking forward to that one lol
I know what you mean by stawberry as all the ones iv tryed i cant taste very much i seem to struggle with tasting it so im hoping that this one will give me that kick lol i hear tfa one is good but dint know what one to choose so just pulled the plug and went on caps lol

Yes, CAP Peaches & Cream is a flavoring.
Using 6% with 2.7% each of TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream & TFA French Vanilla Deluxe.
Kind-of a Peach Ice Cream...

I'm just the opposite with the Strawberries, even 2% is too much, lol.
Many ppl mix several different brands together.

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just tryed my fw candy cane what i mixed up yesterday at 10% and its super harsh hoping a good steep will mellow it out abit

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's Capellas Sweet Mango? I have FA and HS and I'm thinking if CAPS sweet mango is anything like their sweet strawberry...

Jasonfox1988

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What is that inawrea like anyways?
Anyone know how long the strawberrys and cream take to steep? Made it at 10% and dont taste hardly anything but its only been 5 days lol. Made a few capellas and nothing interesting has come out yet! More steeping ya tjing? Or lids of for a wile?

Maxime

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sweet mango is really good to me. But I haven't tried any other.

VU Sponsors