Member For 5 Years
TFA = The Flavor Apprentice
FA = Flavour Art
HS = Hangsen
FW = Flavor West
INW = Inawera
CAP or CA = Capella

the list goes on and on, but yeah they are flavor suppliers
Thanks BatBoi, I'll look into it further about pricing and what not. Just like anything new I got to get the terms down. ^_^

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA Mild Black :

While I rather like a good Fruit or Bakery Vape now and again.....
My attraction is Tobacco Vapes !
I can eat an Apple, or piece of Pie.... But aint gonna get that Toby Satisfaction from snuff or a mouthful of Chaw.

Have more than a couple Tobacco Concentrates, and enjoy "Most" of them in combo's..... a few are Stand-Alone....
But am always interested in Flavors/Brands that I have not tried. ( Yeah.... Im the idiot that bought that horrid stuff after a hundred bad reviewso_O )

Had not seen much about TFA Mild Black, so Ise figure... " What the Hell... you still got a couple bucks, some lung capacity, and a empty space on the mix shelf... Go Big, or go Home !" .... ( Actually the Wife was putting together an order and just wanted to fill the box out.. and she felt she owed me from the Great Cherry Balsam Tobacco fiasco of Feb. 14 ! :D )

First batch I went with 1%, 50/50 16mg, ( RTS Nic., Not that Fancy "Clean Stuff" all the Cool kids are usin ! :p )
Gave it 24 hrs to blend.... Not Bad at all !!!
Second batch I bumped up to 1.5%.... I like it a little better, but honestly I could stay @1%.
But.........
The real Jewel I reaped....... FINALLY found something that I can use FA Cam Blend with !!!!
Thats right.... the stuff that smells like Head Shop Incense and taste like it x10, happens to make this stuff Pop !
VERY light touch of Cam Blend and 1.5/2% Mild Black makes at light spicy cigar.

MMV
Just MHO.............

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got a bunch of tfa flavors in today. Most to restock. A couple of new to me.

One was wintergreen. Any suggestions on other flavors to mix it with?

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA Mild Black :

I can eat an Apple, or piece of Pie.... But aint gonna get that Toby Satisfaction from snuff or a mouthful of Chaw.

Have more than a couple Tobacco Concentrates, and enjoy "Most" of them in combo's..... a few are Stand-Alone....
But am always interested in Flavors/Brands that I have not tried. ( Yeah.... Im the idiot that bought that horrid stuff after a hundred bad reviewso_O )

Had not seen much about TFA Mild Black, so Ise figure... " What the Hell... you still got a couple bucks, some lung capacity, and a empty space on the mix shelf... Go Big, or go Home !" .... ( Actually the Wife was putting together an order and just wanted to fill the box out.. and she felt she owed me from the Great Cherry Balsam Tobacco fiasco of Feb. 14 ! :D )

First batch I went with 1%, 50/50 16mg, ( RTS Nic., Not that Fancy "Clean Stuff" all the Cool kids are usin ! :p )
Second batch I bumped up to 1.5%.... I like it a little better, but honestly I could stay @1%.
But.........
The real Jewel I reaped....... FINALLY found something that I can use FA Cam Blend with !!!!
Thats right.... the stuff that smells like Head Shop Incense and taste like it x10, happens to make this stuff Pop !

MMV
Just MHO.............

I'm also tweaking tobaccos all the time. Lately this all-TFA one is tasting pretty good to me:

6% TFA RY4 Double
2.5% TFA Red
.5-1% Tobacco Absolute

The floral note of the Red works surprisingly well with the sweet and bitter of the other two. I may actually like FA Desert Ship spice in place of the floral Red a little better.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
TFA Mild Black :

But.........

MMV
Just MHO.............

check out my captain recipes.. they are floating around here somewhere..

good to see another person likes tobacco :)

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a TFA tobacco that tastes like oatmeal cookies.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dang, don't get me started on thinking about cookies this late in the evening :p
Sorry. I've been MIA and finally having time to focus on not-work-not-life-threatening stuff = I can talk about cookies now. :p

The guy who wanted a Tribeca by Halo 'clone' stopped asking for that and started asking for the (not) cookie tobacco vape.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
welcome back, Frawg! :D

and spill the cookies :p haha!!
headache gone, and think i got rid of the bug in my pc.. life is a bit better, YAY!! :)

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes welcome back! Hope all is ok.

Is there a tfa tobacco that taste like oatmeal? Or did you add something too make it taste that way?

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I aimed for a fruity tobacco and got a cookie vape. Every single person who tried it says "this tastes nothing like a tobacco...or fruit...but now I want cookies."

TFA does now have an oatmeal cookie flavor. The boss ordered a small bottle with yesterday's order.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm also tweaking tobaccos all the time. Lately this all-TFA one is tasting pretty good to me:

6% TFA RY4 Double
2.5% TFA Red
.5-1% Tobacco Absolute

The floral note of the Red works surprisingly well with the sweet and bitter of the other two. I may actually like FA Desert Ship spice in place of the floral Red a little better.

TFA RY4 Dble. is one I keep 100 mls mixed up at all times.... 6% 50/50 15mg .
From there I break off 10 and 30 ml test bottles that I add things to.... like a bit of toasted almond, or AP, TA, combinations of ect.
Light subtle changes just to break the routine a little.

Really need to try some new ones tho....
But got a couple hundred mls that need using first...lol

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
check out my captain recipes.. they are floating around here somewhere..

good to see another person likes tobacco :)

Have seen it, and others you've shared..... thanx for your generosity !
Mostly I mix like I cook...... rarely follow recipes/directions, just go by feel and experience.
I have tons of saved recipes, but am constantly changing them anyways...lol.
So I mix to my mood these days.

Be Well....... :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
You too! :D

btw.. i dont do recipes either.. i just write down what all I did..
at least for my personal ones. ;)

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA RY4 Dble. is one I keep 100 mls mixed up at all times.... 6% 50/50 15mg .
From there I break off 10 and 30 ml test bottles that I add things to.... like a bit of toasted almond, or AP, TA, combinations of ect.
Light subtle changes just to break the routine a little.

Really need to try some new ones tho....
But got a couple hundred mls that need using first...lol

Adding Toasted Almond sounds interesting. What is AP?

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

6% TFA RY4 Double
2.5% TFA Red
.5-1% Tobacco Absolute

i'm mainly a tobacco vaper as of the past few months. ill be tryn this one tomorrow for sure. maybe one batch with the red and one with cowboy (western)...hmmm that might work for me....also plan on an apple tob...

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Adding Toasted Almond sounds interesting. What is AP?
toasted almond and jamacian rum in mine.....got it from a clone recipe of tribeca....found here in this forum, its my adv....mix 240ml a week....maybe throw in the slightest touch of french van.......

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shop standard is USUALLY 20% total flavor but I've been mixing some at 12-17% (depending on mix) so do you have a suggestion for the total mix with the cranberry?

Does dragonfruit count as "red"?

Does anyone have suggestions for making TFA dragonfruit appetizing? I'm certain this is just me being the issue. Everyone who has tried it straight says they love it - statements range from "unique" to "tastes like mtn dew livewire" - for me it tastes like ash, and recently mown hay. So I'm entirely sure its me and I have no idea what its SUPPOSED to taste like so I can't say yes or no it tastes like that.

Then again I've had allergy issues lately and - today a cherry blend tasted like lilacs to me so its entirely possible my nose/tongue aren't fully working together lately, but nothing else I've made has been off by that much. Usually cherry regardless of brand/type tastes like robitussin the lilac was an improvement...I just doubt it would stay that nice.
try lychee.....or strawberry

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
toasted almond and jamacian rum in mine.....got it from a clone recipe of tribeca....found here in this forum, its my adv....mix 240ml a week....maybe throw in the slightest touch of french van.......
Isn't toasted almond the one with the red warning on it? Since i still have nightmares from FA almond i thought id'e pass.

Arnie H

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TPA/TFA or Signature as they are called on E-cigexpress were the first flavors I tried and they remain the backbone of many of my recipes.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Aaah, Rum. I was going to ask you if you put booze flavors in your tobacco mixes. :)

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Isn't toasted almond the one with the red warning on it? Since i still have nightmares from FA almond i thought id'e pass.
This is news to me...i dont see a red label on my bottle. ...i got my flavor from onestopdyishop.com and not directly from tpa.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow, thanks @dave/jayce... they teach me, too. Anything I know is from those people. They really are good teachers.

The TFA website doesn't have any warnings on the Toasted Almond, are you talking about diacetyl or subs on that one? I haven't used that one yet, but I hear it's really strong. I just got some a couple weeks ago. How do you guys like that one?

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love it. Again im a month in on diy but love the toasted almond in my ry4 recipe. Being new, if ap is a sub/diacetyl, which im still learning about, im still gonna use it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If it does, they're not shown directly on the flavoring like the others with subs and such are.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Toasted Almond....
More Toasted than Almond in MHO.
Adds a bit of throat hit and smokiness to Ry4 Dble.... more so in combo w/AP.
Used it in a simple chocolate mix to get a Almond Joy type thing..... kinda worked but was too Smoky, needed more Almond.

MMV.............

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Give it a shot....i cant get enough of it....

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
7% double ry
1% ap
.5 jamaican rum
.35 toasted almond
Mix 240ml a week for my adv.
All tfa
Sometimes ill add hazlenut in at .20%

My adv
Dbl ry4
Bav cream
Hazelnut

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried TFA's Toasted Almond only Capella's and its a good one in my estimation.

TFA things that are horribly strong: Black tea. Save yourself the headache, just get the FW black tea which works the day it arrives. TFA's version is super strong and has a medicinal scent to it.

Frosted Donut. I'm still trying to find something to do with it. The boss ordered the TFA one instead of the CAP one and yeah not what I wanted.

TFA's frosted donut reminds me of candied bacon. Its a better bacon vape than most bacon flavors. So I have it mixed in a Saturday morning breaky type mix...we'll see.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK so my tester of the saturday morning thing involving the donut worked really well. It no longer tastes like bacon.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA Flavors that I like, and still use:

Pear - pear tasting. haha
Strawberry - Tastes like strawberry PEZ
Honey Dew - Tastes like Honey Dew
Raspberry Sweet - Candy raspberries
Hypno Type - what HIC said
Vanilla Bourbon - Great as a mixer. Gives a mix a heavy vanilla liqueur flavor. Good for tobbies.
Red Oak - Barrel aged whisky in a bottle. great for tobbies.
Apple - Good plain apple flavor
Graham Cracker Dark - sweet & malty in a good way, not in a "rice crunchies" way
Cranberry - Tastes like cranberries
Pomegranate - Sweet candy pomegranate
Cinnamon Red Hot - Like HIC said, the BEST hot cinnamon candy
Juicy Peach - Canned peaches
Horchata Base - Best horchata I've tasted. I lived on this for 6 months.
Double Chocolate Clear - chocolate liqueur, good for mixing with tobbies
Mild Black - Great cigar flavor
RY4 Double - Best RY4, IMO
Banana Nut Bread - Add a drop or two of AP, and you're good to go
Acetyl Pyrazine - Bready, toasty. Go over board, and it's Fritos. I dilute mine 10:1 PG:AP
Rose Candy - USE SPARINGLY. Great with a few drops of Lychee, Honeysuckle, Rasp. Sweet, and Hibiscus
Black Honey Tobacco - not so much a tobacco, as it's a dark honey favor
Cappuccino - Good coffee flavor. Not as pungent as Caramel Cap.
Dragon Fruit - it's its own thing
Papaya - Heavy papaya. Use sparingly.
Mint Candy - More along the lines of Altoids than a Starlight. Use it with FA Zen Garden to get a fresh mint-leaf flavor
Cotton Candy - It's essentially EM
Marshmallow - Sweet, airy, marshmallowy
Raisin - STRONG! STRONG! I like this in tobbies
Whipped Cream - Unsweetened whipped cream.

I just ordered all the TFA ones HIC recommended that I didn't have. I don't hate TFA, and I didn't mean to "bash" them, since they DO make some good products. I've just been on an FA and CAP kick lately, since the ratio of like:dislike has been far better with them.

Flavors I DID NOT LIKE:
Huckleberry - (Sorry Huck! Nothing against you!) horrid chemical taste at ANY percentage
M-Type - Holy shnikeys. Strong, bitter, astringent
Cola Syrup- yuck, unless FRESH, mixed with a dab of Red Hots
Raspberry - dunno what the hell this is, but it ain't raspberry
Hazelnut Praline - P.U. tastes NOTHING like its namesake
Butterscotch - what? that's not butterscotch
Cantaloupe - vaguely melon. cloyingly sweet
Grape Candy - Dimetap
Coconut Extra - Coconut oven cleaner. SUPER EXTRA STRONG
Cinnamon Spice - Just weird. Sorta cinnamon, sorta stale spice cabinet
Black tea - astringent to the max
Chai - I've tried and tried. I want to like it, I just don't
EDIT: Pumpkin Spice - Tastes like RAW pumpkin mixed with stale spice cabinet.

I realize that some people are able to make these work somehow. Fr me, they're the stinkers.

There's a host of other flavors I use once in a while, when I get a yen. The lackluster ones. Ones that I keep trying, that I think can be good somehow. I just haven't found the sweet spot yet.
OHH NO,NO! Cramptholomew, I am in LOVE with TFA PUMPKIN SPICE!!!! It taste so clovey to me! BUT if you do not like CLOVE you will not like this!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA's pumpkin spice - doesn't give me any hint of pumpkin at all but it does give the best clove flavor I've ever tasted in a vape. Its the tongue numbing clove not whatever happens to most clove vapes which taste like motor oil to me.
YES Frawg, I too l LURVES my pumpkin spice! I Love CLOVE!!!Absolutely LOVE it!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update on TFA PUMPKIN SPICE...I recall HIC mentioning CLOVE is best fresh. He is right on! I mixed up a batch of TFA PUMPKIN SPICE 2 weeks back & cramptholomew is right on...if this sits it tastes like a nasty stale yuckiness! You got mix small amounts and vape right away! I just filled my 1.5 ml itty bitty mini protank 3 with 3% FA Jamaican Rum & 2-3 drops of TFA PUMPKIN SPICE & Ohhh hell yeah!!!

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update on TFA PUMPKIN SPICE...I recall HIC mentioning CLOVE is best fresh. He is right on! I mixed up a batch of TFA PUMPKIN SPICE 2 weeks back & cramptholomew is right on...if this sits it tastes like a nasty stale yuckiness! You got mix small amounts and vape right away! I just filled my 1.5 ml itty bitty mini protank 3 with 3% FA Jamaican Rum & 2-3 drops of TFA PUMPKIN SPICE & Ohhh hell yeah!!!
Have you tried TFA Holiday Spice?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, i tried tfa cinnamon spice...not caring for it really...wish I would've gotten fa

VU Sponsors