Become a Patron!

Allergic reaction to Ejuce? Cotton? What?

Hey all so i'm going to make this brief. I was at my sisters house and i had received this new juice I won in a giveaway (Fluids by Intellect) and I vaped each one. Instead of changing out the cotton each time I had just over layed the flavor each time I vaped a new flavor. However I did not have my organic Japanese cotton pads I instead used regular cotton balls you can buy at a pharmacy. After I was done vaping I went upstairs for Christmas eve dinner and noticed i had red blotched on my palms which then began to slightly itch and i had a prickly sensation. At this point I realized i was getting an allergic reaction but to what? I took medicine and it started fading away 2 days later. I know probably nobody here is an expert or doctor but what are your opinions as to why this might of happened.
PS: I vape 0 nic juices however one juice had Vanilla Bourbon Tobacco mixed inside which I only took 3 hits because of the tobacco taste. Other flavors were fruity blends and a maple syrup cornbread.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like maybe a reaction to the bleach in the cotton balls? I could be wrong but if I had to take a guess. Did you boil the cotton balls?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
No I did not. Just grabbed them from the bathroom and used them for my wicks.
Easy test, switch out your cotton to your Japanese, and see what happens. If you still can't get a hold of the Japanese, boil the cotton and rinse it thoroughly. After drying, it should be good to use. However, the Japanese cotton would be preferred, due to not having had those reactions with it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Were these juices higher in PG or Vg, compared to the ones you normally vape?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hmm sounds like what I went through when I changed over from smoking about 4 years ago.
Not red patches but like fever blisters in between my fingers and on my palms. It was a reaction to a few things, but the main culprit was the pg.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you just grab sterile cotton without boiling it, you can get some weird taste depending on what they sterilized it with. I would be surprised at it causing an allergic reaction. Obviously people use it to pack open wounds. I doubt the PG, or VG, they are common to all juices. If it was the juice and not something else you came in contact with, most likely cause is a flavor in one of the juices. If you really want to know, put a drop of each juice on your forearm and see which one causes a skin reaction. Then look at the ingredients of that juice. My guess would be your allergic to one of those ingredients.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you just grab sterile cotton without boiling it, you can get some weird taste depending on what they sterilized it with. I would be surprised at it causing an allergic reaction. Obviously people use it to pack open wounds. I doubt the PG, or VG, they are common to all juices. If it was the juice and not something else you came in contact with, most likely cause is a flavor in one of the juices. If you really want to know, put a drop of each juice on your forearm and see which one causes a skin reaction. Then look at the ingredients of that juice. My guess would be your allergic to one of those ingredients.
In most cases of an allergic reaction, it's PG. However, rarely, it can be VG. As for flavors, you might have allergies to flavors, that you have food allergies from.

The juice I was using was max VG. I was vaping one of four of the flavors today and nothing happened. The other 3 i would have to test out as well and if it was not that it was either the cotton or something random I rouched or did to cause my ski
Were these juices higher in PG or Vg, compared to the ones you normally vape?
The juice I was using was max VG. I vaped one juice like all day out of the 4 and nothing happened so one down 3 to go. I'll just try each one until something happens if nothing happens it was definitely the cotton bc its the only thing I changed unless i got a reaction from something i touched but its never happened at my sisters so I don't know.

I put two different types on my skin. One which I ended up vaping for the last couple days and another which had tobacco as a ingredient inside and I did notice some small redness but nothing compared to what I had before so i took medicine just to be safe but I honestly don't think It was that.

VU Sponsors