misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
Try eating / drinking ginger or grapefruit. Be sure to keep up with good oral hygiene and remember that scents also play a role as much in this as taste, avoid scented anything when possible. I've heard of cases of vaper's tongue lasting as long as 6 weeks before and have had it for 3-4 weeks on a few occasions.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How horrible!!! I lose my mind if it lasts a day. I feel for ya.

Drink LOTS of water, always, not just now. Longest I ever had it was maybe a week. I tried everything on your list, tried chugging a coke, drinking REALLY strong coffee (which did help some temporarily), eating pickles, drinking pickle juice, saltine crackers, saline mouth rinse... if I could think of it, I tried it. All I did was ruin my appetite.

One thing that I do notice, though, is that my nasal passages can also dry out, so I do use a saline nasal spray fairly frequently. You could try that, or a Neti pot. Those things are awesome.

There's also a thread here about Oil Pulling. It's kinda yucky, helps with oral hygiene and such. Can't be worse than vape tongue.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/oil-pulling.51721/

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I eat pickles or even hot sauce helps clear it up for me.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

ForrestGump

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You need to switch to a lemonade vape B! I always have this problem. I just got some great e juices from a e juice subscription and the only one that i can taste is the lemonade blend. Its annoying. I got like Cosmic Fog euphoria etc and can't taste.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of these recommendations are great, especially the pickles... side bonus, you get to eat pickles :D

When I get the dreaded vape tongue (not just vaping 1 flavor for too long) I turn to a mellow menthol juice. Like a melon menthol or hibiscus menthol. And not knock your dick in the dirt menthol, just a mellow one.
I use it a few times a year for a couple days for vape tongue or through the duration of a cold. Other than that I hate menthol :confused:

Lemonade sounds good too, something to really wake your buds up.
Ghost peppers?:eek:

VU Sponsors