Become a Patron!

Almost no taste, DROP RDA

KingOfClouds

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello guys !

I bought a drop rda for my wismec ( I vape @ +- 70watt ) last week and the guy from the shop setup the coils and wicked it for me and it tasted like heaven ! Today i rewicked it myself and it looks exactly the same as he did. I used bacon cotton and made sure it was enough and not to tight, dry burned it first and cleaned it good. I pulse fired it some times after re-wicking it but im getting almost no taste from different flavors i used to taste extremely good... I can taste it a little bit and a little bit cotton... No burnt taste or pain in my throat and very big clouds (Air flow open fully, same as before)

Does anyone have an idea why i am getting almost no taste ?!

Thanks !

KingOfClouds

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here some pictures of the wicking.

Attachments

• wick1.jpg
    wick1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 117
  • wick2.jpg
    wick2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 117

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Sounds like vapers tongue. I tend to just ride it out, usually goes away in a day. Using a tongue scrapper, vaping unflavored or menthol juice, drinking lemon water, smelling coffee beans, ect are just a few of the maybe remedies that some use. Much like vaping what works for one does not work for another. You can also try eating a pickle.

KingOfClouds

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Changed it to a more menthol lemonde juice from a pink lemonade juice and that makes a big difference allready, taste alot more!

I also caught a cold this week so i think that also influences my taste a lot ? ;(

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello guys !

I bought a drop rda for my wismec ( I vape @ +- 70watt ) last week and the guy from the shop setup the coils and wicked it for me and it tasted like heaven ! Today i rewicked it myself and it looks exactly the same as he did. I used bacon cotton and made sure it was enough and not to tight, dry burned it first and cleaned it good. I pulse fired it some times after re-wicking it but im getting almost no taste from different flavors i used to taste extremely good... I can taste it a little bit and a little bit cotton... No burnt taste or pain in my throat and very big clouds (Air flow open fully, same as before)

Does anyone have an idea why i am getting almost no taste ?!

Thanks !
Try going up in watts maybe. Idk don't have that issue with mine

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Wouldn't choking the juice flow give a dry hit rather than a weak hit? Also, the "Scottish Roll" wicking method put tons of cotton in the coil(s), resulting in a lot more juice in the cotton than normal. Choking the juice flow is more apt to happen in an overstuffed RTA where you choke the actual juice channels. There are no juice channels in the Drop RDA.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I an referring to over stuffing the inner part of the coils with too much cotton . The wicking is nullified and flavor becomes muted . So the little flavor you do get is coming off the ends of the coils . Not a good experience . Yes I have done it . Not hard to do if you are to eager .

Last edited:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Your doing something wrong. Maybe to much cotton? Coils... What kinda mod? What's the setup look like? They have decent flavor. Nothing to write home about but it's ok

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the drop RDA puts out phenomenal flavor depending on the build & ejuice. Like this guy says maybe it’s too much cotton I don’t know. Maybe it’s vapors tongue?

What’s your setup?

Your doing something wrong. Maybe to much cotton? Coils... What kinda mod? What's the setup look like? They have decent flavor. Nothing to write home about but it's ok

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
From looking at your pictures it look like in the second picture that the center is blocked off with cotton. With the Drop you need to have the center open so the airflow gets all around the coil and come up through the center. Try cutting the tails on the wicks so the just touch the bottom of the juice well or maybe just a bit longer. Just make sure the center and the sides where the airflow is isn't blocked. The Drop should be giving you some great flavor like it did when you first got it. You also don't want to be choking off the flow. Dry hits are nasty.

Second picture....

Your airflow is completely blocked .Clear all of that cotton out from under the coils in the middle of the deck Basically: when you wick, wick so the cotton JUST drapes down the sides of the coils and his the deck. This is where the DROP shines. That massive chamber of airflow where I'm describing. Block that up, and you are rendering the rda essentially flavorless...

Also try different builds. For me, dual fused claptons at around .2 ohms is great but the best flavor so far... Dual spaced 24awg ss316L coils, 8 wraps each, at around .17 ohms, 45-55 watts. Flavor is top friggin notch. Every single juice I use is amazing, just adjust between the wattage range I mentioned based on the juice. You won't be sorry.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cold is a sure way to lose your taste ability , check your cotton , sometimes the over doing with the cotton delivers muted flavors .

This. I have one of my drops on my Rage squonk so I make sure the pin isn’t covered. I always leave room under the coils.

The drop is my favorite RDA, or atomizer for that matter. Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors