Become a Patron!

Already broke my Smok Alien 220W ?

Hello,

im new and already have a question.
I literally started vaping 2 days ago...
So yesterday i gave my vape to my friend to "hold it"
But as you know friends dont always listen to you, so he started vaping without my permission.
Which would be alright in normal cases. But i transport my Smok Alien 220W TC with the Baby Beast on with completely closed airflow. So he was vaping with closed airflow and i didnt know. I thought he just didnt vape right and told him to inhale stronger.

He then said it tasted like "popcorn" or "new years eve", cause well it tasted burned. I also felt like seeing something red glowing up when i was trying to vape it. Im not sure about that, like i saw the coils heat up but i dont know how i'd be able to see that.
So i tried taking some hits and then he just told me "no coil".

Well, i had the Q2 coils in and exchanged them to the T8. I cleaned the glass as well and it still smells burned a little and tastes burned when i do primer puff.
It still tells me it has no coil in... and i dont know if its the tank or the mod

I tried google and someone said the goldpin thingy (dont know what its called) on the bottom where it touches the mod could be cricked ? i cant quite tell

Really dont know what to do i had it for 2 days and could only vape 1 !

I'd really appreciate some advise, thank you!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The "goldpin thingy" in question is your contact pin, and if you laid enough heat to it consistently, it could indeed be damaged.

Did you reset the resistance when you changed coils?

Remove tank
Press firebar
Check to see if OHMS reads 0
Install tank
Press firebar
Click -Y- for New Coil?

oh my god .. thank you !! .. i didnt know you had to do that but i thought i pressed the fire button to check if something happens.. but i guess i didnt .. i feel really dumb but well :blech:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
oh my god .. thank you !! .. i didnt know you had to do that but i thought i pressed the fire button to check if something happens.. but i guess i didnt .. i feel really dumb but well :blech:
You're welcome!

Don't feel dumb. It's a pretty common occurrence. I did the same thing when I first got my Alien.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And no, it's not dumb at all. Anything could have happened in a situation like this, all mods are different and no one's born knowing this stuff. You were very smart to sign up here and ask the right people.
Welcome to VU! :D

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also I bet you learned a valuable lesson, LOL. Hold on to your own mod until your friend knows more about vaping :p

I'm glad it was nothing seriously wrong with your Alien, I couldn't imagine how sad I'd be if something happened to mine. :vino:

VU Sponsors