Become a Patron!

Alternative to FA Cocoa?

I really love FA Cocoa, the taste I find is superb, but it also destroys my coils very, very quickly. I've had to stop making some of my favorite recipes as it just wasn't worth the hassle of cleaning and re-wicking every half tank, no exaggeration. Is there some flavor out there that is a legit substitute for it?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really love FA Cocoa, the taste I find is superb, but I find it destroys my coils very, very quickly. I've had to stop making some of my favorite recipes as it just wasn't worth the hassle of cleaning and re-wicking every half tank, no exaggeration. Is there some flavor out there that is a legit substitute for it?

Many thanks.

Haven't found anything comparable yet, and all the other Chocolate types I've tried are hard on the coils too.
FW Dark Chocolate is steeping yet so IDK about that one, but it's not the same as FA Cocoa anyway.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't found anything comparable yet, and all the other Chocolate types I've tried are hard on the coils too.

Hard on*? Yes, but every half tank is extreme. Would you share the percentages that are causing this to occur?

*Thanks fir the setup, Heabob! :D

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, your %'s must be way high. HIC's Cocoa Cookies is one of my ADV's and I can get a few days on a wick. Wait..are you trying to subohm the crap out of it? If so..THAT is your problem. Cocoa burns VERY easily. I never go above about 14 watts.

VU Sponsors