Become a Patron!

Alternative ways to consume ejuice

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would imagine the biggest concern would be un even distribution throughout you candies unless you put the exact same amount in individual candy molds when they are just almost cooled. I wouldnt add it before you put it in the molds. It would work most defiantly. you wouldnt believe the stuff they put in suckers round these parts ;)

I'm thinking if I make the base(sugar, corn syrup, water or whatever) and then add the flavoring, nic and a bit of food coloring and then stir, that the nic would be as evenly distributed as the coloring. So if the coloring is even, the nic should be too as long as I put the nic and food coloring in at the same time.

As soon as I get to the store, we are all going to find out. I'll post my failures/successes in this thread.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Please keep us posted. I am very interested.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The flavors we use for DIY juices are the same flavors used for candy, food, drinks, etc. Pretty sure that manufacturers aren't making extracts specifically for ejuice creation, they were making them for foods long before the vaping community found them and started using them.

I don't know about adding already mixed juice to candy, but I see no reason to say that the flavoring extracts couldn't be added to candy along with some nic.

Only concern would be the heat causing evaporation. If you want even distribution, you'd have to *mix* it in while the candy is still liquid and hot, think around 200-250F for hard candies. Probably a lot less for soft/gummy candies. Caramel might be better then both, don't think it needs to get as hot.

Standard sugar based rock candy would likely be the easiest. Dissolve sugar in water, add flavoring extract and nic, let the water evaporate naturally to leave rock candy. But the nic might dissipate and flavoring might evaporate with the water, or become very concentrated in the sugar if you based the amount of nic/extract on the volume of water used (just taking wild guesses).

thanks for explaining it better than I did.. ;)
good job!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Just curious ... what are these parts? I am in ca... and you can get various "medical" things in all kinds of candies.

I'm in Central Florida and I left all my life long friends and wish I could find these "medical" things.
I don't want to go out and meet new people and risk getting in trouble..
My Up North friends are honestly too lazy and/or too stupid to help me out.
So I have kind of given up.
If I bump into the right person than I do. If I don't then I don't.

But back to nicotine;)

I always lick my drippers and juice bottles (.6% nic) but I wouldn't put my tank juice (3%) in my mouth other than the drop on my finger to see if i'm going to like the flavor or not.
Doesn't everyone test eliquid this way?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'm in Central Florida and I left all my life long friends and wish I could find these "medical" things.

But back to nicotine;)

I always lick my drippers and juice bottles (.6% nic) but I wouldn't put my tank juice (3%) in my mouth other than the drop on my finger to see if i'm going to like the flavor or not.

my only concern was heat that could deteriorate the nic.. is all..
and if you were closer, lol.. eh.. lollypops and sugar plums, oh my! :)

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

But back to nicotine;)

Seems like it will be legit in your state soon... hope it happends for you, so you can get some relief.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, my first batch is complete. Sucking on a piece right now. Can you guess what flavor?

IMG_20150408_210842798.jpg

IMG_20150408_212540733.jpg

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I have to head to bed now..
busy next few days.. maybe someone might have the coffee pot on in the morning..
should would be nice ;)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used the recipe from the reddit link @Smoky Blue posted. 2TSP TFA Apple. .5ml Heartlandvapes 100mg/ml nic.

I wasn't sure where to start with the nic as I didn't know how many ml of candy I would end up with. It hardens fast and I didn't want to waste a batch to get a measurement. I'm guessing it's close to 120ml. I used .5ml of 100mg/ml nic. That should put the candy somewhere in the ballpark of .4mg/ml.

It tastes like candy. The apple flavor is a bit light but my wife who was not home when I made it and did not know what flavor identified apple. Of course the color may have helped, lol. She could not taste nic and does not use any form of nic so that's good. I did get a tiny bit of pepper at times with my piece but I was expecting much more nic taste and it just wasn't there.

I did get a bit of a nic buzz. I don't know about it being satisfying as a replacement because I can vape at the moment. I'd have to be in a vape restricted situation to know it it helps for sure. For now, I like it.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I used the recipe from the reddit link @Smoky Blue posted. 2TSP TFA Apple. .5ml Heartlandvapes 100mg/ml nic.

I wasn't sure where to start with the nic as I didn't know how many ml of candy I would end up with. It hardens fast and I didn't want to waste a batch to get a measurement. I'm guessing it's close to 120ml. I used .5ml of 100mg/ml nic. That should put the candy somewhere in the ballpark of .4mg/ml.

It tastes like candy. The apple flavor is a bit light but my wife who was not home when I made it and did not know what flavor identified apple. Of course the color may have helped, lol. She could not taste nic and does not use any form of nic so that's good. I did get a tiny bit of pepper at times with my piece but I was expecting much more nic taste and it just wasn't there.

I did get a bit of a nic buzz. I don't know about it being satisfying as a replacement because I can vape at the moment. I'd have to be in a vape restricted situation to know it it helps for sure. For now, I like it.

so my recipe did work :) YAY!! lol.. but I'd have never guessed the apple, Time..
wonder if the apple was increased a tiny bit, how it'd turn out then.. and yes i would guess you need to be quick on adding the nic..
maybe if you added the flavoring and nic together, before starting the recipe? that way it's just one thing to add in.. just my thought.. :)

neverbeentovegas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've read discussions of people soaking a cotton ball in VG, nic, flavors to reduce chewing. I've got no idea on the nic level involved, but I'd start very low and see how it goes.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so my recipe did work :) YAY!! lol.. but I'd have never guessed the apple, Time..
wonder if the apple was increased a tiny bit, how it'd turn out then.. and yes i would guess you need to be quick on adding the nic..
maybe if you added the flavoring and nic together, before starting the recipe? that way it's just one thing to add in.. just my thought.. :)

For me, I think I would use a bit more apple and maybe a touch of sour.

I did put the flavor, nic and two drops of color in a glass before I started heating the base ingredients. When the base reached 300 degrees, I took it off the heat and poured the glass of ingredients in. Stir.

It was very easy to do.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
For me, I think I would use a bit more apple and maybe a touch of sour.

I did put the flavor, nic and two drops of color in a glass before I started heating the base ingredients. When the base reached 300 degrees, I took it off the heat and poured the glass of ingredients in. Stir.

It was very easy to do.

i might have to give it a spin too.. i have a few ideas.. ;)
will report back if i am happy with my results..

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
i might have to give it a spin too.. i have a few ideas.. ;)
will report back if i am happy with my results..

If you try it and end up with a product that tastes good and works I believe that it could be sold to friends and would become quite popular.
People get stuck at work or at a doctors office where they can not vape and you provide something that helps them as good as the gum or even snus without any bad taste then you will be on to something that would certainly be worth my money.
I bet many others would feel the same way too.
You could never market it legit because asshole politicians will hit you with the "what about the children" and "it's made to get kids hooked" bullshit.
But in a group of friends it would be very, very popular.:)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
If you try it and end up with a product that tastes good and works I believe that it could be sold to friends and would become quite popular.
People get stuck at work or at a doctors office where they can not vape and you provide something that helps them as good as the gum or even snus without any bad taste then you will be on to something that would certainly be worth my money.
I bet many others would feel the same way too.
You could never market it legit because asshole politicians will hit you with the "what about the children" and "it's made to get kids hooked" bullshit.
But in a group of friends it would be very, very popular.:)

yeps... but I cant start that project till next month.. i am a bit spread out atm.. :(
but it is on the list ;) soon as I can get to it.. it's been a while since i have tinkered..
and you are right, with certain friends.. makes it even better :)

Marcus Agrippa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice. I have been contemplating doing this.Only thing holding me back is the fact that the nic gets neutralized by saliva and stomach acid.I'm thinking if I were to make the candy slightly alkaline like they do with smokeless tobacco it would increase the free nicotine absorption.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So let me get this straight...
The idea and draw of vaping has regressed from a more successful cessation device into a less successful form like lozenges and gum??
am I retarded for realizing that this is a step closer to total idiocy?

Bottom line,Why bother making an e-juice flavored jolly rancher?
suck on a goddamn jolly rancher...them shits are still available (no government regulations ) for a dime..

If you like "blueberry waffle" juice but the idea of a waffle in gas form makes your pooper hurt then go eat a goddamn waffle..

This isn't progress.
this is fuel for the "for the children" propogandists.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The idea and draw of vaping has regressed from a more successful cessation device into a less successful form like lozenges and gum??

suck on a goddamn jolly rancher...them shits are still available (no government regulations ) for a dime..

If you like "blueberry waffle" juice but the idea of a waffle in gas form makes your pooper hurt then go eat a goddamn waffle..

This isn't progress.
Perhaps you should read entire threads before spouting off your uneducated opinion.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This isn't progress.

Yes. You are retarded.

This isn't about replacing vaping. It's about a DYI method of getting nic when we can't vape.

If you have nothing to add, how about you piss off and go find a subject you can help with?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Yes. You are retarded.

This isn't about replacing vaping. It's about a DYI method of getting nic when we can't vape.

in a way, he has a point, Time.. they already make gum and drops for nic..
and if they shut us down and out..
how will we get the nic to begin with, unless one knows someone with some..
and then it will be really tight to have nic to make anything with..

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, but for now we have access, and can make it for the times we cant vape, besides, I can always bum a few mls of 100mg from you. :)

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow, that was a poorly put together sentence.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They already make ejuice too. Maybe we shouldn't be making our own. :rolleyes:

No. It's a stupid argument. Most of us in this section already have nic. Saying we can make juice but not anything else is nonsense.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

No. It's a stupid argument. Most of us in this section already have nic. Saying we can make juice but not anything else is nonsense.

i dunno.. i am still waiting for when i can take a shower in vg :p

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No sir,the question is why do you feel the need to reinvent the wheel?
Are you really THAT addicted to nicotine that you can't imagine a world without it?
Has vaping become so lackluster that you need/want an alternative?

If you have bulk nic stored than why is an alleged ban so important that you feel the need to come up with alternative distribution methods?
And if the bans and regulations take hold then what's the point of trying to make candy if the main ingredient isn't publicly available?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No sir,the question is why do you feel the need to reinvent the wheel?
Are you really THAT addicted to nicotine that you can't imagine a world without it?
Has vaping become so lackluster that you need/want an alternative?

If you have bulk nic stored than why is an alleged ban so important that you feel the need to come up with alternative distribution methods?
And if the bans and regulations take hold then what's the point of trying to make candy if the main ingredient isn't publicly available?

Nobody asked if you think any of it is necissary. If you have something to add to the topic, by all means, do so. If not, piss off.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nobody asked if you think any of it is necissary. If you have something to add to the topic, by all means, do so. If not, piss off.
No.
I think it's utterly ass backwards and VU has provided me the opportunity to voice my opinion.
if you don't like THAT fact then YOU sir,can piss off..

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No.
I think it's utterly ass backwards and VU has provided me the opportunity to voice my opinion.
You have voiced your opinion... and you obviously have nothing to add. Now let us be.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No.

Nobody asked for your opinion. They asked for alternatives. Just because you can pop into a thread and yap about nothing doesn't mean you should.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ok.. i know we can add it to:

hard candies, coffee (i dunno on nic tho) and lotion.. (thanks for the happy thought of a rub down.. maybe in the future, Time lolol)
i would say jello, next.. as it cools down.. it might be easier to add to.. perhaps??

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have voiced your opinion... and you obviously have nothing to add. Now let us be.
An opposing view to an idea is met with vulgarity and attempted belittlement?
sounds about right for the internet but how is my worthless opposing opinion any less valid then your own?
Both of you (effekt and time) have been overly eager to jump in someone's shit over non sense.
time to grow up, insert a fresh Tammy and learn how to have a big girl discussion..

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
sounds about right for the internet but how is my worthless opposing opinion any less valid then your own?
Both of you (effekt and time) have been overly eager to jump in someone's shit over non sense.
time to grow up, insert a fresh Tammy and learn how to have a big girl discussion..
You had nothing to say other than basically calling us stupid for wanting to do this. We get it. You dont like the idea. You have said that, and that is all you have said.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You don't have an opposing view, dim wit. Nobody is talking about replacing vaping or vaping bans. Everything you are whining about is moot. Since you are too dim to understand the subject and don't have the good sense to go away quietly, I'll attempt to explain in a manner a child would understand.

Two weeks ago, I went to the funeral of a very dear friend. The funeral was in a church. Being somewhat respectful for the service, the people and the church I did not vape. In this situation and others like it, an alternate source for nic is often desired. Pretty easy to comprehend.

Now, in the spirit of DO IT YOURSELF, in this thread we have discussed alternate ways to get our nic fix. In the same manner that we make our ejuice, we can make nic candy, gum or any other method of nic delivery we choose rather than buy the overpriced, over regulated and nasty big Pharma products on the market. Just like we don't buy the overpriced, soon to be over regulated, and often nasty vendor juices on the market. We make our own. Pretty easy to comprehend.

Your opposing opinion to alternative nic delivery when we can't vape and the spirit of DO IT YOURSELF is null and void. If you don't understand that there are times when people cannot vape(funerals, weddings, work, kids parties, etc) and do not know what DO IT YOURSELF means then you were correct when you suggested that you may be retarded.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Time have you had any more of your candy? Perhaps in a setting you couldnt vape and needed some nic?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't. During next month I'm going to have some really hectic days where I might not have much time to vape. I plan to use my candy then.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cool man. Keep me posted with how it works out for you.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow, I walked into a shit storm it seems! This is going off topic (and I can see where the topic has merits ;) ), but I had this happen today, quite by accident:

A co-worker of mine stopped vaping all together and handed me his e-liquid stash. I saw one that looked pretty good so I took the top off and gave it the ol' squeeze and sniff, to see if maybe it was something I'd use. Now I don't know if this has happened to any of you folks, but here's what transpired: a small bit of ejuice popped from the tip and went straight up my nose! Not enough to make me cough but I definitely noticed it when it hit my sinus! Needles to say, I got a pretty good nic buzz from it. I'm not advocating snorting ejuice in any way, I just thought this was a funny story.

-Kingboomer

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
what ever you guys decide.. just do not get it in your eyes..
it will burn and sting for a bit.. and i didnt notice any sort of nic buzz..

VU Sponsors