Become a Patron!

Alternative ways to consume ejuice

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes. Its no good in the eyes. In a drunken haze, I once grabbed a bottle of ejuice thinking it was visine... ran to the sink and got it out. It was not nice.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Time - Does/did the .5ml tied you over nic wise? What mg do you usually vape? I'm thinking of giving this a go since I can't vape anywhere near/around work, but I'm still hesitant on how much nic to add. The gum/lozenges they sell taste horribly, so this is a great alternative.
Thank you for posting your results.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Time - Does/did the .5ml tied you over nic wise? What mg do you usually vape? I'm thinking of giving this a go since I can't vape anywhere near/around work, but I'm still hesitant on how much nic to add. The gum/lozenges they sell taste horribly, so this is a great alternative.
Thank you for posting your results.

I don't have a solid answer for you yet. Since I made they candy, I haven't been in a no vape situation and honestly have been too weak to give up the hand to mouth delicious vaping habit on my own to get replacement comparison. :D

That said, the .5ml seemed to be a good starting point. When I tried a piece I had been vaping. I got a bit of a nic buzz but didn't get nic sick. I vape 5ml a day of 8mg using a Nautilus tank @ 9-10.5watts. I think that's on the light side for nic usage.

I had planned to use the candy in the next couple of weeks as I have some things coming up where vaping might be a pain but since there is interest I will put my binky(mod) down for a couple of hours today and eat some candy. I'll let you know how it goes.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I kinda have to wonder about absorption and difference in effects of nicotine between inhalation, and ingestion.

Simple thinking that eating 4mg/ml candy instead of vaping 4mg/ml of juice would result in getting a lot of nic at once.
You could eat 10ml worth of candy at once, and get 40mg of nic at once. But it might take hours to chain vape 10ml of juice, plus, your not absorbing all the nic if your exhaling any vapor. Thus, the candy is a much faster delivery then vaping.

But, would stomach acids and your intestines change the effect of the nic?
It wouldn't make it stronger, if anything, it would reduce the effects of the nic due to metabolism in the stomach and intestins versus vaping where it goes into your bloodstream via your lungs.
Faster delivery, but a weaker method then vaping.

Plus, dare I say it, there is the placebo effect. You knew it had nic in it, you wanted it to work as a nicotine replacement for when you couldn't vape. Thus, the effects you felt from eating the candy may have been 'in your mind' and not caused by the candy as much as you believe. 2 ways around this would be via repeated tests to see if the 'placebo effect' wears off and nicotine cravings take over (if not, then possibly not a placebo effect, but not a very accurate test as the timeframe can range from days to months), or test it via making a batch with nicotine and making a batch without nicotine, then getting some people to try a piece without knowing which has nicotine. Preferably people who know what a nicotine overdose feels like so they will properly report if they could feel the effect of the nic they didn't know was in the candy.
Sorta like when you take a 10 min drive to the local store and forget your mod at home. You have nothing to vape and knowing this, you find yourself craving a vape. But if you had brought it, you might not have touched it.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, so it's been two hours.

In that two hours I've had no vape. I have had the hard candy in my mouth the whole time.

My impressions;

I might actually use a bit more more nic next time. Maybe I'll try .6ml. While wanting to vape, it really hasn't been too hard to leave my binky alone. The candy really seems to help. But, I've had a piece of candy in my mouth the whole time. It tasted great. No nic sick. It really seems to be just about right for sucking candy but it's allot of sugar so I think I might try upping the nic just a bit so I can have a piece every so often rather than one right after the other.

I think I still need to give it try in a setting where I can't vape and have some distraction/stress for any real conclusion but at the moment I'm very happy with results. I also think that at this time, I'd recommend anyone trying this and using the recipe I used, to probably start at .5ml. I have no baseline to go by since I'm the only one to try it that I know of. Like anything, individual preference is going to play a big part. I am confident that .5ml of 100mg/ml in this recipe isn't going to hurt anyone. My guess is that most people will go up a bit in nic content.

I hope this helps until I have more info you @RocketPuppy

Disclaimer: I am not a professional. Anyone that chooses to replicate my experiment does so at their own risk. Just so you know. ;)

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I kinda have to wonder about absorption and difference in effects of nicotine between inhalation, and ingestion.

Simple thinking that eating 4mg/ml candy instead of vaping 4mg/ml of juice would result in getting a lot of nic at once.
You could eat 10ml worth of candy at once, and get 40mg of nic at once. But it might take hours to chain vape 10ml of juice, plus, your not absorbing all the nic if your exhaling any vapor. Thus, the candy is a much faster delivery then vaping.

But, would stomach acids and your intestines change the effect of the nic?
It wouldn't make it stronger, if anything, it would reduce the effects of the nic due to metabolism in the stomach and intestins versus vaping where it goes into your bloodstream via your lungs.
Faster delivery, but a weaker method then vaping.

Plus, dare I say it, there is the placebo effect. You knew it had nic in it, you wanted it to work as a nicotine replacement for when you couldn't vape. Thus, the effects you felt from eating the candy may have been 'in your mind' and not caused by the candy as much as you believe. 2 ways around this would be via repeated tests so the 'placebo effect' wears off and nicotine cravings take over, or test it via making a batch with nicotine and making a batch without nicotine, then getting some people to try a piece without knowing which has nicotine. Preferably people who know what a nicotine overdose feels like so they will properly report if they could feel the effect of the nic they didn't know was in the candy.
Sorta like when you take a 10 min drive to the local store and forget your mod at home. You have nothing to vape and knowing this, you find yourself craving a vape. But if you had brought it, you might not have touched it.

It's actually .4mg/ml in the candy I made, not 4mg/ml.(if I guessed right on the total ml of the candy batch.).

Your points are valid but I don't think I'm doing anything new here. The delivery would be the same in the candy I made as it would for lozenges or gum on the market. I don't see how it would be any different. Chewing tobacco is also absorbed in the same delivery fashion.

Over all, I tend to agree that not being able to vape makes me want to vape. I also agree that my impressions are subjective and not objective. Maybe others will give it try and we'll develop a decent baseline. I'm just one person and only offer my one persons experience.

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Time - Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the information. When next Saturday begins, I'm going for it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
im just happy you guys like the candy link.. it's not mine, but..
i have made a bunch from it and thought someone might be happy with it later down the road..
guess my way of saying thanks is me keeping up with the link and passing it out :p

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dude! So cool that you tried my rock candy idea. Glad it's a step in the right direction.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im just happy you guys like the candy link.. it's not mine, but..
i have made a bunch from it and thought someone might be happy with it later down the road..
guess my way of saying thanks is me keeping up with the link and passing it out :p
You made the candy too? Did I miss the results?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
You made the candy too? Did I miss the results?

i make candy to go with my juice, but.. i don't add nic.. i do add flavorings..
i also make alcoholic drinks to go with them too :)
oh and hemp mod wraps.. on occasions.. winter.. i hate touching an ice cold mod..

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking of doing something like this; http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=119330

And maybe using DIY flavor and nic for the 1/4 tsp. extract or flavoring oil.

I need to get a candy mold though.

I'm trying this right now without the nic. Just to make some plain candy.
Didn't have light corn syrup though, so used Light Agave Nectar.

The recipe calls for covering it with shrink wrap and microwaving for 1 min, then stirring it, microwaving another min.
It foamed up and right at the end of the first min, touching the shrink wrap and melted a hole in it. Took it out, stirred it, put it back in for another min. But after 30 secs it was foaming up and touched the shrink wrap again. Stopped it, removed the shrink wrap, then sat there babying it for the last 30 secs every time it foamed up to the top of the bowl, stopping the microwave for a few secs to let the foam go back down.

Only 3/4 cup of stuff in a 5 cup bowl and it would have foamed over.
Either the Agave caused it, or just need a really big bowl for the small amount of stuff.

I used a small metal muffin tin for a mold.
It's cooling in front of a fan now, so will just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude! So cool that you tried my rock candy idea. Glad it's a step in the right direction.

The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

The recipe calls for covering it with shrink wrap and microwaving for 1 min, then stirring it, microwaving another min.
It foamed up and right at the end of the first min, touching the shrink wrap and melted a hole in it. Took it out, stirred it, put it back in for another min. But after 30 secs it was foaming up and touched the shrink wrap again. Stopped it, removed the shrink wrap, then sat there babying it for the last 30 secs every time it foamed up to the top of the bowl, stopping the microwave for a few secs to let the foam go back down.

Either the Agave caused it, or just need a really big bowl for the small amount of stuff.

It's cooling in front of a fan now, so will just have to wait and see how it turns out.

if you can turn the power down on your microwave, can help a bunch..

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i make candy to go with my juice, but.. i don't add nic.. i do add flavorings..
i also make alcoholic drinks to go with them too :)
oh and hemp mod wraps.. on occasions.. winter.. i hate touching an ice cold mod..
You made this recipe with good results?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
went fine.. my son and i enjoyed it.. and changes?

molds to make real lolly pops, instead of using my ice trays.. I did have sticks..
changes? only to match juices i make.. I did it a while back, and not with the intentions of adding nic.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
All but completely dead this.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

It didn't get hard, got about as thick as modelling clay.
Had it in the freezer for an hour and that made it harder. But once in the mouth, it softened up. Was like eating starburst candy.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Had it in the freezer for an hour and that made it harder. But once in the mouth, it softened up. Was like eating starburst candy.

how did you have it in the freezer? mmm like container size??
I used my ice cube trays.. I have around 12.. filled them about 1/4 up..
the rest i spread in a solid piece on a cookie sheet, placed all in the freezer..
mine were hard.. but.. I did not go with the sparks recipe, but the reddit one..

these also help

90-4146.jpg

itty bitty candy molds..

more to see: https://www.google.com/search?q=90+...i=lYQ1Vd-yCcfWsAXa-IDoCg&ved=0CC0QsAQ#imgrc=_

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've had that happen before. Just like that. I am getting a little older. Oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you were probably talking about the candy.:p

Was it good though? I like starburst.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
oh gee, @Time :p

i was wondering how he had it in the freezer, if he blobbed it on too thick or something..

(dang it, this convo) you guys know what I mean.. :rolleyes::D

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh gee, @Time :p

i was wondering how he had it in the freezer, if he blobbed it on too thick or something..

(dang it, this convo) you guys know what I mean.. :rolleyes::D

My guess is that the agave didn't harden like corn syrup would. Should have been a good chewy candy though and probably a bit better health wise.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
My guess is that the agave didn't harden like corn syrup would. Should have been a good chewy candy though and probably a bit better health wise.

maybe.. wonder what molasses might do instead of agave??
oh snap.. there goes my kitchen tonight.. :oops:
and here i am trying to mix juice too.. gosh darn it.. is alright.. might just toy around and smash both recipes together.. :D

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yea, my guess is the agave didn't let it harden up.
It did taste pretty good and chewy though, I had also put about 1/3 teaspoon of FW blueberry in it.
I'll get some light corn syrup at the store later in the week and try it again.

Molasses, that is worth a shot too. Might taste pretty good as well.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
yea, my guess is the agave didn't let it harden up.
It did taste pretty good and chewy though, I had also put about 1/3 teaspoon of FW blueberry in it.
I'll get some light corn syrup at the store later in the week and try it again.

Molasses, that is worth a shot too. Might taste pretty good as well.

kay.. let us know how it goes.. I cant play atm.. but....
if i find something with a good mix, will let you all know!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have consumed Nicotine in just about every way accept the Nicolaxx I sometimes wonder if snorting it could be an alternative
I might have to check into this. A diy version of course.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwic-tKB3JHMAhWD2yYKHR_jBwYQFggsMAE&url=https://www.pfizer.com/files/products/uspi_nicotrol.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHwLVLopdcCWuq2AI35N7IHtGmlJw&bvm=bv.119745492,d.eWE

upload_2016-4-15_17-45-59.jpegIf they can make it so can diy'ers.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might have to check into this. A diy version of course.

I can see it now ... the NNSF ... the Nicotine Nasal Spray Forum! :D

Seriously though, are you considering this due to all the anti-vaping stuff going on or for other reasons?

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can see it now ... the NNSF ... the Nicotine Nasal Spray Forum! :D

Seriously though, are you considering this due to all the anti-vaping stuff going on or for other reasons?
No I'm in a lot of pain. I had a ekg and a ct scan done in the ER last Mon. I do have this- Basilar atelectasis and my lungs are killing me. I also have joint/muscular pain bilateral X4 Going to the doctor on Monday to see if they have any more clues. I also have liver damage.

I don''t want to quit vaping per choice it may be a need depending upon lung function and I'm sure more testing. I vaped about one mL today and really the pain makes me not care.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No I'm in a lot of pain. I had a ekg and a ct scan done in the ER last Mon. I do have this- Basilar atelectasis and my lungs are killing me. I also have joint/muscular pain bilateral X4 Going to the doctor on Monday to see if they have any more clues. I also have liver damage.

I don''t want to quit vaping per choice it may be a need depending upon lung function and I'm sure more testing. I vaped about one mL today and really the pain makes me not care.
I am so sorry to hear all this going on with you!! I hope they have some news for you Monday.

There's a nicotine inhaler available somewhere, they were reviewing them on Mod Envy a few months back. I'm searching for the name, I'll report back. It's a light mist, so I'm hoping it wouldn't cause the same type of pain.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am so sorry to hear all this going on with you!! I hope they have some news for you Monday.

There's a nicotine inhaler available somewhere, they were reviewing them on Mod Envy a few months back. I'm searching for the name, I'll report back. It's a light mist, so I'm hoping it wouldn't cause the same type of pain.
Thanks huck. Not alot I can do but hope they can pin point a diagnosis. I was in the middle of job hunting when this shit happened

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I will update you. I'm wondering if I can make a sugar free version of nic candy. Might try it when I feel better.
Maybe splenda? Honey? I really don't know. Just be cautious about hot spots. That stuff makes me nervous. I think maybe @Time made some candy?

VU Sponsors