Become a Patron!

Altria is in talks to take a significant minority stake in Juul

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have mixed feelings about it, actually. To me it indicates that the Big Money has figured out that vaping isn't going away and is too big now to be killed, so why not invest in it? Big Money knows how to make money, so they won't usually invest in things that won't make money -- which I think is a real positive indicator for the future of vaping. Vaping is so new, so revolutionary, I'm sure many changes are to be expected. But it seems to be heading in the right direction?

Onward.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have mixed feelings about it, actually. To me it indicates that the Big Money has figured out that vaping isn't going away and is too big now to be killed, so why not invest in it? Big Money knows how to make money, so they won't usually invest in things that won't make money -- which I think is a real positive indicator for the future of vaping. Vaping is so new, so revolutionary, I'm sure many changes are to be expected. But it seems to be heading in the right direction?

Onward.

Andria
but as I see it the death of open vape systems in on the way.
Sealed pods and such will be the only approved systems.
Easier to regulate the ingredients and to be honest safer from blowing yer face/balls off.

Not that I want it to go that way but it is how I see it turning out.
And why I have enough open system vape hardware for the rest of my life.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
but as I see it the death of open vape systems in on the way.
Sealed pods and such will be the only approved systems.
Easier to regulate the ingredients and to be honest safer from blowing yer face/balls off.

Not that I want it to go that way but it is how I see it turning out.
And why I have enough open system vape hardware for the rest of my life.
This is what I fear they will try to do as well. Also afraid they will find a way to classify nic as a drug that requires a prescription.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what I fear they will try to do as well. Also afraid they will find a way to classify nic as a drug that requires a prescription.

Or as a pesticide? But I expect that they will restrict the availability of freebase nic in some way...
I have enough in my freezer to last me till I am 90 :)

I am surprised that they have not taxed the heck out of it yet.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm not there yet. I have to stockpile enough for 3 people. One of the reasons I started buying 250mg, freezer space will shrink quickly.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not there yet. I have to stockpile enough for 3 people. One of the reasons I started buying 250mg, freezer space will shrink quickly.
Mine goes in the bottom of a deep freezer.
Wife unit does not even know it is there :)

And only 1 vaper here.

Might order another liter so I can be generous later.
$50/liter 100mg at MFS.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had what I thought was sufficient to last me another 30ish yrs, which is, realistically, probably the max I have left -- I really don't wanna get any older than maybe 85, 88 at the outside -- after that, everything's just old and tired and ready to be done with all this shit. :D But then my son came home and became a vaper, so I dunno. I should get more, but even with an extra freezer we got earlier this year, I really don't have any room for more.

I'm sure BT would like to sew up the market to closed-systems only, but as long as there are people on forums, we know that's not gonna happen, at least not till we're all dead. :D And I'm sure they realize that too, but just want to keep doing what they do, making money and staying in business. I can't really fault them for that, and they're a damn sight more ethical than BP. That's not saying much, I realize. :D

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Mine goes in the bottom of a deep freezer.
Wife unit does not even know it is there :)

And only 1 vaper here.

Might order another liter so I can be generous later.
$50/liter 100mg at MFS.
No deep freeze. Freezer space is a commodity here. My cousin loves the strawberry from FC you recommended, just bought 4oz since she doesn't seem to get tired of it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No deep freeze. Freezer space is a commodity here. My cousin loves the strawberry from FC you recommended, just bought 4oz since she doesn't seem to get tired of it.
They also have great watermelon and blueberry. The bananna is also good but needs a fair bit of ageing.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This totally something Phillip Morris would do. It's a strategic thing. They knew years ago that smoking isn't going to bring in the money like it use to in places like the west, that's why they brought food companies like Kraft and what not to bring in the money. Investing in Juul would give them the option of extra in income in the electronic cigarettes field, which they also have with the IQOS. Smoking cig isn't going anywhere and for someplace a market/sales are getting better. (Underground smuggling for cigs is huge in where I'm from, especially menthol)

They pretty much want to make for some of the lost revenue and maybe market for places like Europe or North America.

My dad was a senior executive for Marlboro back in the 80s for their marketing department in Hong Kong (I grew up smoking them and also have a bunch of murch from them lol). My dad left the company cuz they pretty much pushed him lol (my dad believe that smoking COULD cause cancer and that's something that can't he hidden under rug lol).

I remember my dad telling me the story of how Marlboro started making charcoal filter cigs, the reason is cuz Japan's a huge market and they were pretty much half of the smoking market in the US. That's why Marlboro started production with charcoal filters.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"Altria said it doesn't comment on "rumors and speculation.""

One could speculate that Altria would leak these rumors and speculation on purpose in order to see how the stock market reacts:

upload_2018-11-29_3-22-28.png

VU Sponsors