reddhott

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Vape Advocacy
Member For 5 Years
Altus Tank Atomizer, a Coil-Less tank by Guo Vape
USE CODE ADD10 FOR 10% OFF
ALTUS COIL-LESS ATOMIZER TANK BY GUO
All in stock items ship within 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).

$119.99
The Altus Tank by Guo brings clarity to your flavor, efficiency to your setup, and a sigh of relief to your wallet. Imagine never buy or rebuilding another coil head again.

Origin-Vape-Altus-Worlds-First-Coilless-Atomizer-Tank-by-Guo-01a.jpg

Origin-Vape-Altus-Worlds-First-Coilless-Atomizer-Tank-by-Guo-06.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It still uses a Heating Element similar to a Fuse, its just not a coil thats wrapped but similar to a cars fuses to create the heat, I dont see it producing much heat unless the surrounding material also heats up with the heating core..Nice find though

rocawear6fd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It still uses a Heating Element similar to a Fuse, its just not a coil thats wrapped but similar to a cars fuses to create the heat, I dont see it producing much heat unless the surrounding material also heats up with the heating core..Nice find though
Yeah it prolly wouldnt produce as much heat

reddhott

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Vape Advocacy
Member For 5 Years
so far the reports i have had back from it..people r liking it. put a top fill on it and i think they r on to something. u will see some reviews of it real soon!

The Altus Tank by Guo brings clarity to your flavor, efficiency to your setup, and a sigh of relief to your wallet.
$119.99.....

You can get a crown for 25 bucks, probably cheaper if you look around. Get the RBA head for 10 bucks, maybe cheaper. Pick up a 100 foot spool of 26g wire from where ever for 7 dollars. Even if I never had to buy another coil in my entire life it would still probably take like 10 years for me to spend that much money on wire to match that cost.

Maybe you don't like building. So you buy an iSub G Tank for 20 bucks, you can find them cheaper but lets say 20 dollars. I can generally find a pack of 5 coil heads for the isub for about 8-9 dollars. Sometimes I can even find them cheaper during holiday sales. But lets say you never find that and you always spend 9 dollars. Were talking 3 years before you spend the amount of money it costs to buy that tank.

Now this chip will supposedly last for years. Yes that may be the intention but chances are this thing will never last that long. How does it react to different juices? Would a high cinnamon or Anise cause any issues with the material? Would constant heating and cooling cause it to break down at any point? What happens if it's put in wrong? Will it cause a short and just fry it completely? If so how much does it cost to replace it?

Another issue is the material it's made of. Much like Nickel, Titanium and Stainless Steel, the resistance changes as it heats up. Temperature control was designed based on this idea but it was not designed to read the temperature of something like this. So how accurate will it actually be?

Honestly I think if I bought something like this I'd also like to see them develop a mod made specifically for this tank. That way there can be extensive testing done. I would definitely feel safer knowing the 2 products were designed to work in tandem. I mean vaping on nickel and titanium is already something I'm not entirely comfortable with still. So I would definitely have some questions about something like this. I mean I would never vape on a fuse from my car that's for sure.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok who is the VU guinea pig?
I mean if they will sen dme one for review i will do it. I will put this puppy through its paces

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
After reading the specs and sales pitch.... NOT impressed.
It has a 1 year warranty, and if you dry fire it, voids warranty.

You would also have to buy their cotton, since it is cut special and to a special thickness.

LOTS of parts to this atomizer. Fucking LOTS.

Resistance does NOT hold the same, when you fire it. It only is .5 ohm at ROOM temp.

How can you use this in "temp control" when temp control is set from the wire you use? Each wire has a different temperature curve.

For 120 bucks, they can kiss my ass.

reddhott

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Vape Advocacy
Member For 5 Years
to each their own. and its actually around 109. just puttin things out there as they come out. different strokes for different folks is what i say. if its not your cup of tea..dont buy it..as with anything. :)

It has a 1 year warranty, and if you dry fire it, voids warranty.

You would also have to buy their cotton, since it is cut special and to a special thickness.

How would they even know if you dry fired it? It sounds like a way for them to refuse replacement cause there's no way to prove one way or the other.

The cotton just looks like the flat outer pads on a regular piece of japanese cotton. Although it's hard to tell for sure cause he really doesn't let you see much of the cotton before he folds it over the chip.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok that is intriguing, I would want a lot more information on the cvu chip and what it is made of but ,In my opinion 109 is a huge gamble for a new tank that still has to be tried and tested in the community be for it catches on .

I just love the innovation we're experiencing with vaporizers. If this proves to be real, then the clones and new versions will bring the prices down. We love to rebuild and rewick for many reasons, affordability being one of them. We love the convenience of stock coils, too. The 'innovative' coils like the ones for the TFV4, and 3rd party specialty coils are getting pretty costly. If Wotofo or some other manufacturer offers a tank and a non-TC coil that lasts a year for $50, then I'll probably buy one, but only after enough time has passed to prove its worth.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It is great that the innovation shows but only a certain few will toss 100+ on a tank that may or may not be any good at all. I would rather buy the VCmT 25mm and the Griffin and the TFV4 with extra coilheads for the same price and have the best of the best with rave reviews on each (I own them all already also). I wouldnt suggest anyone buy this unless they test it beforehand as it may not give the results they promise and for the price the gamble isnt worth the shot. Its still a RTA that uses parts that will need to be replaced so its not any better then whats currently on the market...

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Can we get replacement parts up front, e.g. pyrex glass, spare chip or 2, o rings, etc? If it is possible, I will listen. If not, then its not as bearable as replacing a TFV4 or other traditional tank.

However, in this industry of copycats, you bet there will be other, similar choices very soon. Unless this was developed in an air tight bubble, the SMOK Techs and Kanger Techs among us were watching and waiting, and today, deciding what if anything to do.

Finally, how will a chip perform surrounded by the ingredients of e liquid? What about in hot or cold conditions, or changes in air pressure climbing to 35000 feet, then back down? Your cell phone doesn't care, but it hasn't been exposed to pg, vg, flavoring, and nic, at least not internally.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't found any mention of tank size.
Claimed he was using a Sigelei Snow Wolf, that bothers me.
+1 on the 6 month warranty concern but never having to buy another.
+1 on wanting to know more about the replacement heating element info.
He stated he wanted to show the proper way to replace the cotton, looked time consuming.
However, if it turns out to be all he claims, it may be worthy...for closer to $50 top end.
+1 on it needing to be top fill design.

Last edited:

SteelCity14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with the people that say this is WAAYY too expensive! I can prolly shop sales and use coupons to buy 3 tanks and about 5-6 4-5pks of coils and rba for each that would likely last me 2-3 years, with building own coils, instead of buying one atomizer... Def innovative idea, just a dumb price lol. The dry fire voiding warranty is just icing on the definitely do not buy cake.

Hell get youself a tfv4 and gearbest is ALWAYS having sales on tfv4 coils. They always have sale once a month selling quad coils for $11.50 per 5 pack, and I've been using the same coil for over a month. Just have to not get careless and dry fire and they last sooooo long. Will watch review when someone makes one as real reviewer, but just cannot see myself ever, EVER spending over $100 on a tank... Best of luck to purchasers!!

Stephanie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for checking into it! I just tried it again after posting my question and it does appear to work now--except that the discount is only $5.

I remember yesterday night it was actually discounting 10%--but I guess they changed that pretty quick.

VU Sponsors