Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Mornin' kids!

Some useless Silence of the Lambs trivia:
The house that they filmed the Buffalo Bill scenes in just went up for sale a few months ago. It's about a half hour from where I live.
The scenes of the place they took Hannibal to is near the University of Pittsburgh, also close to here.
And unfortunately, the "institution" that Hannibal Lechter was in at the beginning, where we first met him in the movie, is now torn down, but was about 10 minutes from me... and is at the edge of the office park where my wife works.

I know, useless trivia, and irrelevant to most here, but fuck it, I wanted to tell the story!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mornin' kids!

The house that they filmed the Buffalo Bill scenes in just went up for sale a few months ago. It's about a half hour from where I live.
The scenes of the place they took Hannibal to is near the University of Pittsburgh, also close to here.
And unfortunately, the "institution" that Hannibal Lechter was in at the beginning, where we first met him in the movie, is now torn down, but was about 10 minutes from me... and is at the edge of the office park where my wife works.

I know, useless trivia, and irrelevant to most here, but fuck it, I wanted to tell the story!
I must see this

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mornin' kids!

OOHHHHH? Very cool, but I wonder if that puts weird psychological defect on the house. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. They made it look so creepy and scary. If I bought the house, I'd constantly be looking for those weird moths.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
House:
Dropped Pin
near Perry Township, PA
https://******/maps/TX9heaHFLAu

A somewhat creepy fact about this house, is that it's a few hundred yards from the Layton Tunnel, which for years has been believed to be haunted.
Dropped Pin
near Great Allegheny Passage (North), Perry Township, PA
https://******/maps/n2sZEFizcXM2

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning everyone. Rebel...good luck with the move. I moved in Feb and I may just die in this house to avoid moving again. The hubs and I don't move well together (or paint well together) ;)
Wife and I both are saying this is it. We we're fortunate enough to take advantage of the low interest rates (and the fact that they drove the prices up of houses on the market), that building was actually more cost effective for us.

Since we built new-- so no painting lol, and we are paying someone to move us, I'm optimistic it should go pretty smoothly.

HellcatChick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wife and I both are saying this is it. We we're fortunate enough to take advantage of the low interest rates (and the fact that they drove the prices up of houses on the market), that building was actually more cost effective for us.

Since we built new-- so no painting lol, and we are paying someone to move us, I'm optimistic it should go pretty smoothly.

No painting is excellent. I can't imagine moving without movers now? Somehow, a case of beer and free pizza just doesn't work for our friends to help us move anymore :D Movers are worth every penny. I'm happy for you guys on your new house. Congrats :)

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
No painting is excellent. I can't imagine moving without movers now? Somehow, a case of beer and free pizza just doesn't work for our friends to help us move anymore :D Movers are worth every penny. I'm happy for you guys on your new house. Congrats :)
Thank you!
I also believe that a case of beer and pizza when you are in your 20's works because of the whole "poor, starving college kid" mentality...but as you get older, and you have gluten-free, fat-free, carb-free and flavor-free diets to contend with, it gets more difficult. Add in the fact that a $10 case of Milwaukee's Best won't cut it when everybody is drinking beers that cost nearly that per bottle.

I also won't ask folks to help. Period. First, if the free help rip your leather couch, or drop your TV you feel bad, and don't hold them responsible...so your loss. With movers, that's what they are insured for-- they rip it. They are buying it
Secondly, I've learned, you ask for help moving 50 boxes that weigh less than 40lbs ground level, and a month later the same people are asking you to help them move a 700lb gun safe up to the 3rd floor of their house.

Yes, I drive a truck. No I won't haul anything for you! **telling folks you were hauling manure a few days ago also works in deterring those who always want your help

Yea, pretty much so...their debate was like watching my grandparents bicker over stupid shit.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I just have to be super excited here for a minute

It's official! The divorce decree has been finalized!!!!
Congrats!
I know how happy I was when mine was finalized with my ex!

Also looks like you are on the right track to the happiness that you deserve-- being treated with the respect you deserve, and appreciated like you deserve to be. It's also noticible how much more positive your attitude is now vs a few months ago!

Happy for you, and am glad to see things working out for you!

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats!
I know how happy I was when mine was finalized with my ex!

Also looks like you are on the right track to the happiness that you deserve-- being treated with the respect you deserve, and appreciated like you deserve to be. It's also noticible how much more positive your attitude is now vs a few months ago!

Happy for you, and am glad to see things working out for you!

Awwww rebel ️ thank you. Definitely much happier in all aspects. Even though things are hard, overall just much happier without that toxic relationship and definitely found a keeper completely by accident. Couldn't be happier

VU Sponsors