Become a Patron!

Am I using the right percentages?

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
I made this recipe as one of my first own creations. The idea is based on the SvoeMesto Unity Russian. It's not my goal to make this recipe tasting the same. I like this kind of vapes very much. After tweaking it a couple of times, it's going into the right direction. But it's still not what it should be. I think I have to increase the TPA Plum a little bit and maybe the Lemon Sicily, but I am not sure. Any suggestions for tweaking the percentages in the right way are very welcome.

It should be a refreshing fruit tea:

FA Black Tea 3%
TPA Green Tea 1%
FA Blackcurrant 1,25%
FA Black Cherry 0,75%
TPA Plum 3%
FA Lemon Sicily 0,75%
FA Menthol 0,75%​

PatheticMr.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've no experience with TPA plum, however, the percentages seem very reasonable, with space to increase most of the FA flavours if you need to.

Lemon Sicily is usually good upto 3-4% in a mix... It's known to fade over time slightly.

Same with FA blackcurrant. I like it at 3-4% in a mix if I want it to stand out - one of the best flavours on the market IMO!

I've never tasted what you are basing the mix on, but as I said, your percentages are all very reasonable and you seem to have plenty of room to increase. Generally, most FA flavours are good from 0.5 - 4%, although they can change significantly with just a 1% increase.
There is often a ceiling effect with FA too. Most will start to taste weird or weaker above 5-6%.

:)

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
Thank you!

@PatheticMr
Yes, the Lemon Sicily I will increase a bit. The same for the TPA Plum as this one is difficult to taste at the moment.

@Huckleberried
The 1% TPA Green Tea is only there to make the tea a bit more interesting, but I think I will leave it out in the next batch. Maybe for this recipe it's not a good choice.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good advice given above imho ... it sounds like you are on the right track.

TFA Plum standalone is suggested @ 5-10 % so you should be good to bump it up a bit if you are having trouble tasting it.

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
Short update on this recipe. I changed it so many times that I do not know which version this is :). It slowly becomes better and some friends gave positive feedback on this version. Maybe I can develop it to a higher level in the future, I will keep trying.

FA Black Tea 3,5%
FA Lemon Sicily 1%
FA Cherry 0,75%
FA Black Cherry 0,25%
FA Blackcurrant 0,5%
TPA Plum 3%
TPA Sweetener 0,5%
FA Menthol 0,6%

Made this with PG/VG 30/70 with 3 mg/ml nic.

You can try this one also if you want. Comments are always welcome of course ...

Frenchfry1942

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If memory serves me, isn't that a lot of nic? Isn't a regular smoker at ~1.8mg.

Anyway, Doing the DIY thing I notice that some flavors can smother others in taste. For my taste buds, I was glad to see the FA Lemon Sicily go down and the TFA Plum go up. There are strong fruit flavors and more...demure fruit flavors. The plum is in the second category. I don't have the exact same brands and no Black Currant at all.

Thanks for the recipe. I have not done a Tea recipe yet and it gives me a direction.

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
@Frenchfry1942 the Lemon Sicily does work very well at 1% together with the Black Tea and it brightens the fruit flavors. TFA Plum is still a little bit weak and could be increased by 0,5% I think. It seems to be a weaker flavor. Cherry up to 1% in combination with Black Cherry at 0,5% will be my next try.

The nic level is very low at 3 mg/ml (but enough for me if you do the direct lung hit) with an RDA on 0,3 ohm. For a normal RTA I would mix this at 6 mg/ml nic (mouth to lung hit) on 1,2 ohm. And for a simple clearomizer at 9 mg/ml on 1,6 ohm. All very common used levels of nic here, nothing special.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find TFA Plum to be just a waste of space, it doesn't add anything and doesn't taste like anything.

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
@nightshard What would be a better option than TFA Plum? I mean from another vendor like Capella or whatever. Or do you mean Plum you would not use at all in this recipe?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only tried TFA and FA Plum, didn't care much for either.

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
@nightshard Well ok, that is your personal taste of course but I agree that TFA Plum is absolutely not an outstanding flavor. That FlavourArt has also Plum in their flavor line is new to me. I cannot find that flavor on their website, maybe it is called different?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Though this isn't a popular choice, I've had Hangsen Plum and really liked it. I used it at 4% solo.

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
@Huckleberried Thanks for your comment. The e liquid which brought me to the idea to make this was a collaboration in between Liquid Ejuice, Mr Good Vape and SvoeMesto. I have absolutely no clou which flavor vendors they used for this one. Would be nice to know :). I mean my recipe is not bad but far away from the original.

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
Both are not so easy to get here in the Netherlands but I will search a bit more at some other shops. I tried some of Inawera and they were quiet good.

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
@turfer46 thank you. Can try that, sounds good.
0,5% FA Billberry instead of the 3% TPA Plum would be my guess :). And change the Cherry and Black Cherry ratio to 2:1.

Like this:

FA Black Tea 3,5%
FA Lemon Sicily 1%
FA Cherry 1 %
FA Black Cherry 0,5 %
FA Blackcurrant 0,5%
FA Billberry 0,5 %
TPA Sweetener 0,5 %
FA Menthol 0,5 %

Because the nic quality I use is good, I think I also have to make a version of this with 4 % FA Black Tea.

vaporhaze

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@turfer46 thank you. Can try that, sounds good.
0,5% FA Billberry instead of the 3% TPA Plum would be my guess :). And change the Cherry and Black Cherry ratio to 2:1.

Like this:

FA Black Tea 3,5%
FA Lemon Sicily 1%
FA Cherry 1 %
FA Black Cherry 0,5 %
FA Blackcurrant 0,5%
FA Billberry 0,5 %
TPA Sweetener 0,5 %
FA Menthol 0,5 %

Because the nic quality I use is good, I think I also have to make a version of this with 4 % FA Black Tea.
Have you tried Sweet Tea (TFA)?

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
On this nice Saturday morning I made another 5 different versions of this refreshing fruit tea. 2 of them went wrong, 2 of them were nothing better as all the versions before, but 1 is absolutely better then everything I tried until now. I am really surprised and maybe will tweak the percentages a tiny bit, but keeping the ingredients as they are. Let's see what happens after a day or 2 of steeping.

I took out the FA Cherry and the TFA Plum and I added the FA Bilberry, FA Vanilla Tahity and FA Fresh Cream. Also the percentages I have changed a bit.

Some notes on the ingredients and their combinations:
FA Black Tea, main ingredient as it should be a refreshing fruit tea, 3,5% seems to be good with the nic I am using
FA Lemon Sicily, it brightens the fruit flavors, 0,75% seems to be enough
Fruit combination:
FA Black Currant, at 0,75% it's not distracting and sweetens the Bilberry
FA Black Cherry, at 0,75% it blends perfect with the Black Currant and Bilberry and sweetens them
FA Bilberry, at 0,5% strong enough, blends perfect with the other 2 fruits and gets the sweetness from them​
FA Vanilla Tahity, for a small vanilla accent, it's light, sweet and works great with the Black Cherry
FA Fresh Cream, a small amount for a smoother vape only, it brings no sweetness
FA Menthol, a small amount for a refreshing hint of menthol
TFA Sweetener, even at 0,5% maybe too much for this recipe, I will leave it out the next time​

The recipe, a refreshing fruit tea:

FA Black Tea 3,5%
FA Lemon Sicily 0,75%
FA Black Currant 0,75%
FA Black Cherry 0,75%
FA Bilberry 0,5%
FA Vanilla Tahity 0,5%
FA Fresh Cream 0,5%
FA Menthol 0,5%
TFA Sweetener 0,5% (adjust to your liking or leave it out)​

FlavorEd

Member For 4 Years
This will be my final version. Quiet happy with it. I adjusted the percentages a little bit. The vanilla I found not in the right place here so I took it out. Sometimes less is more :). I will name the recipe Cherry-Berry Tea. It's a smooth, little bit sweet Tea with a mix of cherries and berries and a hint of menthol.

Cherry-Berry Tea:

FA Black Tea 3 %
FA Lemon Sicily 1 %
FA Black Cherry 1 %
FA Black Currant 0,5 %
FA Bilberry 0,5%
FA Fresh Cream 0,5%
FA Menthol 0,5%
TFA Sweetener 0,5% (adjust to your liking or leave it out)

VU Sponsors