Become a Patron!

Am I wrong for being upset about this? (vapemail)

I wanted to get the opinion of the masses on a situation that just happened to me. So feel free to share your thoughts, in a respectful manner.

So I placed an order yesterday with a reputable vendor which I will not name.I have never ordered from this vendor before. The vendor is on the west coast, and I placed the order at 2:30 pm their time. I received a confirmation of my order immediately and a shipping tracking number a few hours later. I assumed the package would ship yesterday or at least today. Well after looking over some of the fine print in the invoice I came across a disclaimer that reads:

"For any orders placed after 2pm PST on Thursday until Sunday, they will not be picked up by USPS until Monday. If you receive a shipping confirmation between Friday and Sunday, please be aware that your package has been packed but may not have left our warehouse. Thank you for your understanding."

I am pretty upset about this because my order will not ship out until Monday, a full 4 days after I ordered it. Add that to the ship time from California to Savannah, GA (literally coast to coast) I will not receive my package until about 10-11 days after I ordered it. Now I do a lot of online shopping and I have never run across a shipping policy such as this one. I mean I have ordered from guys who literally work out of their garage, and usually it takes about 24hrs to ship a package, not 4 days.

I guess what I am most upset about is, I was not warned about this BEFORE placing my order. If this disclaimer were clearly visible somewhere at time of check out, I may have been able to make a call as to maybe pay a bit more for express shipping, or cancel the order all together.

I feel like contacting their customer service and saying "Since you didn't advise me of this prior to placing my order, and my order has not left your warehouse yet, go ahead and cancel my order and refund me my money."

You guys tell me.. What would you do? Am I just blowing this thing out of proportion?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it seems vapers spend half their time vaping and the other half standing in line....stand in line to get onto the list of the newest atty,stand in line for your juice order...There are so many diffrent bussiness styles among the vaping community that there are some practices that seen eccentric in any other industry.Part of it has to do with there are so many small time operators and we all usually cut them some slack. I've waited for as long as a month for a juice order, but only once, after that I didn't do bussiness with them....I have come across this practice before small print disclaimers in out of the way places...I agree I think it is disreputable.but how bad do you want what they sell

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If I didn't know about the policy ahead of time I'd be bummed as well to learn it won't ship until Monday.

Now that you have the knowledge of how they operate, you can react accordingly. Either make sure future orders are in before the cutoff on Thursday or don't order from them again.

The choice is really all yours as the consumer. Yes I'd be bummed but if I liked their service in the past and I was a happy repeat customer in the past then I'd probably just chalk this one up to being partially my fault and would order from them again..

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On one hand I agree that's kind of a crap policy. On the other, I don't know how clearly it was disclosed - my feeling is kind of that if it was there and you overlooked it, you've got to share some of the blame.

I'd suggest contacting their customer service and telling them a) their shipping policy is crap; and b) you think it should at least be displayed more clearly, maybe as a box you have to tick off at checkout.

It's your call from there as to whether or not to order from them again - I'm patient and frequently import direct from China to save a couple bucks, but if I absolutely need something right away I'd probably do a little more digging before spending my money.

VenomousMofo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I live in CA and own a small business that ships... USPS picks up even on Saturday, so I'm not sure what their deal is stating that. Either they are dropping the packages off themselves and are too lazy to do it thur-sat or they are in the sticks.

I live in CA and own a small business that ships... USPS picks up even on Saturday, so I'm not sure what their deal is stating that. Either they are dropping the packages off themselves and are too lazy to do it thur-sat or they are in the sticks.

This is what I thought as well. USPS comes by 6 days a week.To me it seems like they cant be bothered to ship out packages on a Fri or Sat. All in all I just wish I would have known about it before they charged my card for my order. Knowing what I know now, I probably will not order from them again. Honestly the prices weren't that great. The only reason I ordered from them was because they showed all the items I wanted in stock. So to avoid ordering from multiple vendors I decided to give these guys a try. Big Mistake...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I knew I could get something faster, and I was that bothered, I'd immediately cancel the transaction and order elsewhere! (Phone/email/whatever).

Firestorm

Member For 4 Years
I believe that I found the vendor by performing a Google search on the shipping policy text that you provided. Although that text does appear on a cancellation page (I'm not sure why as it doesn't actually speak to how to cancel an order), I put an item in my cart and proceeded to checkout and was not warned of their shipping policy (I stopped before providing credit card information). I would be annoyed as I've seen similar shipping windows and limitations from other vendors during their checkout process. Otherwise, I would just wait for the order to ship and arrive to my door and make note of it if I considered ordering from them again.

I believe that I found the vendor by performing a Google search on the shipping policy text that you provided. Although that text does appear on a cancellation page (I'm not sure why as it doesn't actually speak to how to cancel an order), I put an item in my cart and proceeded to checkout and was not warned of their shipping policy (I stopped before providing credit card information). I would be annoyed as I've seen similar shipping windows and limitations from other vendors during their checkout process. Otherwise, I would just wait for the order to ship and arrive to my door and make note of it if I considered ordering from them again.

There are 2 companies that come up when I google search. Which is weird, I can only assume they are related some how. The one I ordered from is definitely the larger of the 2 companies. In fact I just saw an ad for them scroll across my screen. Go figure

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've ordered from California vendors a few times. I also was in the Marines out there. They have 2 gears....low and reverse lol. Even when they get it to the USPS then you have to hope they don't screw it up. Here's an example. If I order something and it goes to the Brooklyn post office which is across the bridge from Staten Island I'll get the package God knows when. If it goes to Bethpage Long Island probably 60 miles from Staten Island I'll have it the same or next day it gets there. So it stinks and I know the feeling when you really want something, but I had to learn patience.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That would PO me as well.

Unless I order from FT, I want my stuff and I want it now!

Or as close to now as I am willing to pay for it anyway.

That being said, IMHO, unless you order Friday evening, I pretty much expect to have my stuff ship the next business day.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From a quick google search about Saturday delivery:
"Once implemented during August of 2013, mail delivery to street addresses will occur Monday through Friday. Packages will continue to be delivered six days per week. Mail addressed to PO Boxes will continue to be delivered on Saturdays. Post Offices currently open on Saturdays will remain open on Saturdays."
)

Packages are classified as things shipped via Standard Post (2-8 days), Media Mail (2-8 days), Library Mail (schools etc only), and Bound Printed Matter (ie, a stack of magazines)
Anything else (like an e-liquid order shipped via Priority Mail) is considered standard mail and not delivered on Saturdays, except to PO Boxes

That stuff being said, what was the shipping method?
If it was priority mail, 1-3 day delivery, then it's possible it wont ship out until Monday for the sake of safety.
Ship out on Monday morning with 1-3 day delivery, it arrives Tues - Thurs
Ship out on Friday morning, then the weekend, and it arrives Mon - Wed

3 days difference in shipment, 1 day difference in delivery. In my opinion, I would rather have those 3 days be spent with the vendor than in some random place where it can be subjected to theft, damage, or possibly drastic temperature changes.

Firestorm

Member For 4 Years
There are 2 companies that come up when I google search. Which is weird, I can only assume they are related some how. The one I ordered from is definitely the larger of the 2 companies. In fact I just saw an ad for them scroll across my screen. Go figure

LOL - you're right, I didn't look at the second and larger one. That is really odd that their shipping policy is verbatim.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd be annoyed too. Probably why I drop $30 at a b&m on a $10 clone Atty, or $12 for some $6 batteries, etc, usually without giving it a second thought.

Then again, shipping to Canada takes forever and costs an arm and a leg.

On the other hand, when a b&m tries selling a $10 mech for $90, or a $90 sigeili for $150, I'm not biting.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Their business practice doesn't match the model that we have grown accustom to. Being upset is understandable. At this point If you cancel and order from multiple vendors, you'll receive you vape mail in about the same time.

I'm rarely in need of vape mail at this point, more to stockpile.

I share your pain Breazy .... its like the postal sercive could care less about us in SI!!! I can order from several vape shops in Cali and tje ones that go to brooklyn take a few days longer... grinds my gears

ogrelin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am also an east coaster and have had the same experience with some west coast vendors. I get annoyed a bit about the potential wait but in practice most of these orders arrive by Tue or Wed the next week. Still not too bad, but if I need something in a hurry I try to get it locally if I can find it. You can always cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I share your pain Breazy .... its like the postal sercive could care less about us in SI!!! I can order from several vape shops in Cali and tje ones that go to brooklyn take a few days longer... grinds my gears
Do you live in Staten Island?

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I can understand being a bit peeved. Not at the policy itself - though I think it's a stupid policy, it's a company's right to have it. But I'd be peeved at not finding out about it until after I ordered.

Did you check the company's FAQs before ordering? If the information is somewhere in there and I hadn't checked it, I'd take the blame myself and not penalize them (though I'd definitely keep it in mind for future orders). But if the information wasn't there and there was no way to know about the delay until after the order was placed, I'd be peeved and email them to complain.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I run several businesses and we clearly state our shipping polices.

While I understand you being discreet, that is not necessary here and I'm sure many would like to know who you purchased from?

I do buy from VapeRev, VaporDNA, and VaporBeast all in Southern California, and all ship next day after order (not 100% on VapeRev).

VaporBeast is very large located in San Diego, CA. and they have great prices and ship six days a week!

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It ALWAYS depends on how you have whatever shipped.

Priority mail is almost always 3 days, period, First Class, well when it gets there it gets there!

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would be alittle upset also. That's why I don't mind spending alittle more at a local shop. Get what I want right there, and also support a local shop.

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would be alittle upset also. That's why I don't mind spending alittle more at a local shop. Get what I want right there, and also support a local shop.

Unfortunately the only B&M I would spend a dime in is 2.5 hrs away!

Most around here are ripping people' lungs out through their eye sockets on pricing!

If I lived closer to that shop I would buy there. Great owner, great shop!

ItTechy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure if Vaporwize is a national franchised chain, but I wouldn't buy a drip tip from those choads!
(Seems they are national).

I needed some BCC' , was going out of town on a business trip and didn't want to be without, and what sells for $9.00 with free shipping just about everywhere on the net was over $16.00, can you say RAPE!

I was at a local store when a guy came in and needed a 18650 for his whatever...this guy paid $22.00 for 1, one, uno...Efest 18650 30A battery!

Nah...I can wait....

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a feeling if you were to call customer service... They would give you some bs about the shipping info being in an FAQ section or somewhere else. IMO, I would call anyway. Its not a typical shipping process so I would at least ask why it takes so long for them to get your stuff mailed out. Super lame, sorry this happened.

I personally vape innevape eliquid, they're located near Tampa Florida, and I always get my orders on time. USPS picks up orders from them on Friday, just like any other day. About to rewick with scarlett kiss, allow me to explain the taste,

inhale, strawberry hard candies you used to steal from grandma's candy bowl.

Exhale- smooth,, melt in your mouth goodness with the right touch of cream.

Other flavors are Heisenberg (blue shlushie/blue icepop/blue raspberry). vape my day (butterscotch, caramel, and just enough hazelnut.

tpsimonton

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Really? Come on. Get busy do something with your life. If you have time to get upset about this you have way too much time on your hands. Volunteer get a second job be a mentor. Really!

brassyhorn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cancel your order and shop somewhere else. There are many great vendors on the East coast-- evcigarettes and giantvapes just to name a couple. The dollar is the most powerful voting ballot there is.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At least they told you and didnt let you wonder if or when your package left. The pain in the ass part is when it leaves their shop and USPS gets a hold of it. I recently had a package sent from Indy. Tracking said it had left there but was never updated so I figured my pakage was on some new plane that doesnt need to fuel up for 3 days! About the 4th or 5th day BAM, my package showed up! I never got an update or anything, must have dropped it from the plane unless theres an airport next to my mailbox that I never knew about??

Good luck...

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unless you're shipping to Canada, in which case USPS is the only way to go. Allll of the other couriers simply murder us on customs processing fees, and ups and fedex somehow manage to take longer to get stuff here.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I know that vendor. However, if I need something quicker, I order elsewhere. I usually check the About Us, or Contact Us, in order to find out where the vendor is located at. BTW, I'm also in GA.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered some juice last week and their policy is 2-3 days processing order them it is shipped. Talked to them before ordering and was told the same. I ordered online early evening on Tuesday and was processed the next day and shipped out on Thursday. Arrives today Monday. Of course order is shipping through UPS not post office.

VU Sponsors