Become a Patron!

Amazing Mech pro Button fix...

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
So, recently I bought a geekvape mech pro... I think its great overall, but I didn't like the button...
If you think about it, the way it's made makes it almost impossible to make a good contact...
But, yesterday I installed I new build, a framed staple with spaced wraps...
And it just wouldn't fire right... The button would get so hot, I LITTERALY had to put the mod in the fridge...

So I looked for a solution, and, I quickly found it...in a youtube video with a 100 views...
This is the video :

And I tried it... It actually works soo well I was shocked... I had to make a thread about it, cause I don't think there is one right now...

27018774_822461031272513_156403902_o.jpg

This is what I did... I make the toothpick I little thinner with a pair of pliers, so I can lock it too...
If you have this mod, you should seriously try this... Im pretty sure it even hits harder now XD

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Glad it worked for you

I tried this while I was looking for a fix...it didn’t work well ...brings the plate very close to the button and places stress on the plastic the plate is attached to... I personally wouldn’t recommend doing it

I found removing the button and sanding it back a bit a better solution

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
Glad it worked for you

I tried this while I was looking for a fix...it didn’t work well ...brings the plate very close to the button and places stress on the plastic the plate is attached to... I personally wouldn’t recommend doing it

I found removing the button and sanding it back a bit a better solution
That's why I made the toothpick thinner, and after an hour or two, if you remove the toothpick, the plate will still stay up as it was there... So I think it stresses the plastic for something like an hour, and then the plate just takes that shape.... Did the sanding work for you ?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
That's why I made the toothpick thinner, and after an hour or two, if you remove the toothpick, the plate will still stay up as it was there... So I think it stresses the plastic for something like an hour, and then the plate just takes that shape.... Did the sanding work for you ?

Does it stay in position after removing even after using the fire button repeatedly?

Yeah sanding worked fire button has no wobble now able to press anywhere and because it’s now flat makes a solid connection with no arcing

You can see where it was arcing below
6C1D35A0-D9B7-415F-A9BB-68D05BE3E5DA.jpeg

Went from this looking like this before working on it with different grits
779896EF-5B37-4022-9FF2-613003EFBE2F.jpeg

To this

C4121D7B-61FE-4BFF-9BF0-72CC35198027.jpeg
7504649B-1460-47EE-9797-7337EBC0261D.jpeg

I bought the Geekvape Mech Pro a couple months ago and recently, I’ve been having the same issue.

The best video that I found on how to fix the problem wasn’t very detailed, but I had understood from it that I had to bend back the plate so the button make a better connection. So, I opened up the mod and used a screwdriver to push on the plate from behind, towards the fire button. Though it did solve the problem, I have to do this 2-3 times every 3 days or so.

It is now getting a bit frustrating to have to open up the mod and push The plate back so often.

I’ll give a try at the toothpick method right away, as it seem simpler to me than figuring out how to disassemble and reassemble the fire button.
I know it is probably extremely easy to do, but I’m not the most patient person when it comes to trying to assemble small pieces. Lol!!!
I just dont wanna disassemble it, sand it and when it is time to put it back in place, have a lot of trouble to do so.

I bought the Geekvape Mech Pro a couple months ago and recently, I’ve been having the same issue.

The best video that I found on how to fix the problem wasn’t very detailed, but I had understood from it that I had to bend back the plate so the button make a better connection. So, I opened up the mod and used a screwdriver to push on the plate from behind, towards the fire button. Though it did solve the problem, I have to do this 2-3 times every 3 days or so.

It is now getting a bit frustrating to have to open up the mod and push The plate back so often.

I’ll give a try at the toothpick method right away, as it seem simpler to me than figuring out how to disassemble and reassemble the fire button.
I know it is probably extremely easy to do, but I’m not the most patient person when it comes to trying to assemble small pieces. Lol!!!
I just dont wanna disassemble it, sand it and when it is time to put it back in place, have a lot of trouble to do so.

Well, I have just tried that toothpick method and it is now firing properly every time I press The button.
I used those flat toothpicks that I thinned out a little bit with pliers before pushing it all the way down in between the back of the plate and the plastic. The toothpick hold in place perfectly and is exactly the same size as the plastic.
I’m not an engineer, but I really doubt that this toothpick will create that much stress on the plastic. My logic is that now that I barely have to press on the button to make contact with the plate, the plate pushing as much on the plastic that stops it. Therefore, if you have to press very lightly on the fire button to make contact with the plate, the plate won’t be creating as much stress as it was creating, by having to press the button all the may down until it was making contact with the plate, as the plate itself was moving back until it was reaching that little piece of plastic back there.

I’m actually impressed at how quick and easy it was to do.
Also, on the plus side, the fire button that used to be quite hard to press when the mod was brand new, is now much much easier to press now. It takes close to no effort whatsoever, to push it down and have a good contact with the plate, without the fire button gettin extremely hot and/or the coils either not firing at all or heating up very slowly.

How long will it last though, before the issue come back??? Who knows...but as far as I’m concerned right now, I am very pleased with the results!!!
And if the toothpick really do create that much more stress on the plastic and it would come to break in the long run...the mech pro box mod has cost me 25$ with taxes, so I’ll just go and buy a new one if the plastic would give up and break.

This toothpick method is not working anymore and i don't have a clue on how to disassemble the firing button. Do you have any other ideas? It would be a great help for everybody. Thank you.

VU Sponsors