Become a Patron!

Amazon Prime Movies & Shows - Ones to Watch?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
With all of the prime time shows on hiatus, it's time, at least for me, to search for Amazon Movies and Shows to get me away from the computer and relax with an adult beverage and/or a good meal.

What program and in which genre do you recommend?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
No one watches Prime Video? They have some of the best movies out before NetFlix gets a hold of them 3 months down the road. Sure, you need to pay $5-$10 to watch, but at the higher price you 'own' the movie. That's what I did with Burlesque. Cher and Christine Agulara, in addition to Cher's gay clothing designer...oh, I forget his name. The movie was amazing. My mother even owns it. She and I watch it every year...whether here or afar.

We also watch all of the cool DC Comic's movies: Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Avengers, Spiderman....I love those action flicks.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Penny Dreadful, Peaky Blinders (violence abound) all great!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Penny Dreadful, Peaky Blinders (violence abound) all great!
Those are all netflix aren't they?

The Night Manager was a good series. The Man in the High Castle is also great. Goliath was another good one. The pilots of Sneaky Pete and Z The Beginning of Everything were also both good for me so I am eager for those to drop this month.

For movies: I am almost done with Sicario and just started on 13 Hours. My ADHD never let's me finish a movie (or even a TV episode most times) in one sitting.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Those are all netflix aren't they?

The Night Manager was a good series. The Man in the High Castle is also great. Goliath was another good one. The pilots of Sneaky Pete and Z The Beginning of Everything were also both good for me so I am eager for those to drop this month.

For movies: I am almost done with Sicario and just started on 13 Hours. My ADHD never let's me finish a movie (or even a TV episode most times) in one sitting.
They are but I used Amazon Fire. I'm watching "The Man in the High Castle" right now...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Late to the party.

Santa brought a new DVD/Blue Ray player that also streams so I have just started watching the videos that come with my Prime account.

Love "The Man In The High Castle" as well as "Goliath" Watching the old Star Trek "Enterprise" series as well. "Bone Tomahawk" is a good movie.

Last night I noticed that they have the first episode of "The Tick" up and running. For those not familiar, it was a kind of "Cult" cartoon about a city full of different superhero's and villains. All of them Whack Jobs in their own unique way.

Ex Machina was also good!

Other than that, still exploring.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Man in the HIgh Castle (excellent .. (scifi)) / The Americans (drama) / Braindead (silly light scifi - I enjoyed it) / Humans (scifi) / Mr Robot / Grimm / Orphan Black (scifi)/ Goliath / Defiance (scifi)/ The Expanse (scifi) ... / Deadwood if you never saw it - was great / Justified

hmm seems I watch a lot of sci fi .. ;p some drama .. Like or Liked all of these

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The Man in the HIgh Castle (excellent .. (scifi)) / The Americans (drama) / Braindead (silly light scifi - I enjoyed it) / Humans (scifi) / Mr Robot / Grimm / Orphan Black (scifi)/ Goliath / Defiance (scifi)/ The Expanse (scifi) ... / Deadwood if you never saw it - was great / Justified

hmm seems I watch a lot of sci fi .. ;p some drama .. Like or Liked all of these
I can't wait for The Americans to come back. I HATED the way they just ended Deadwood... that was a shame especially since that show had a GREAT lead actor. Then Justified. Was pretty funny... loved the OEF vet on the show...Orange is the New Black was entertaining...

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Looking forward to the return of The Americans myself.

And Better Call Saul

And The Expanse

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sneaky Pete season dropped today so I know what I will be watching this weekend.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have started watching Deadwood.

This could easily be turned in to the ULTIMATE drinking game.

If you had to take a shot of Whisky everytime some one said "C:eek:CK SUCKER at the end of the hour, you would have a room full of people that had died of alcohol poisoning!

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have started watching Deadwood.

This could easily be turned in to the ULTIMATE drinking game.

If you had to take a shot of Whisky everytime some one said "C:eek:CK SUCKER at the end of the hour, you would have a room full of people that had died of alcohol poisoning!
lol, I haven't watched that in ages. Def time to give it a re-watch

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We just started watching the Shameless episodes. That is funny shit.

VU Sponsors