Become a Patron!

American airlines

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm getting ready to fly american airlines this wednesday and I'm trying to decide if I'm just going to carry a pod system or my diamond with rda wicked just no juice so it doesn't leak but I wanted to see if anyone has flown with them lately and how they carried your device and batteries. I know what the website says but I've read some people have had problems with them. If anyone could tell me what their experience was it would help me greatly in deciding what I'm going to carry and how.

Thanks
Mreeveshp

mreeveshp

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Transportation Security Administration prohibits passengers from placing electronic cigarettes or vaping devices in checked baggage but allows them to be brought in carry-on luggage. The American Airlines website also notes that e-cigarettes are permitted in carry-on luggage but not in checked suitcases

personally i would take your pod system less risk of loss or theft

also i would check with the air line directly here is an old thread saying there banned completely https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...ican_airlines_has_a_policy_banning_all_ecigs/

from them directly :https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/baggage/restricted-items.jsp

Electronic cigarettes (vapor / e-cigarettes)Expand
Example:
  • Vapor cigarettes
  • e-cigarettes
Allowed for travel?
  • Checked bags - no
  • Carry-on bag - yes
Notes

Since some electronic cigarettes use lithium ion batteries, you cannot travel with them in your checked bags. You can travel with them in your carry-on, but you’re not allowed to use them onboard any flight. We recommend traveling with them in a designated carry case.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I fly American often, international frequently, never had a problem

VU Sponsors