Become a Patron!

Ammit v2 dual / eleaf istick 80w where come's the leaking from ?

Kcetin20

Member For 1 Year
Hello guys,

likely 1 month ago i bough the mod from a re seller in china which was original so no problem with the mod at all,
those 2 days my tank has been leaking a lot, no not from the airflow or from the o-ring i think.
today i came home i put the mod out of my pocket and it was with juice again, so thought maybe wick is crap ? changed 4 time's still the same,
So i changed the o-ring above the airflow and put the 3ml tank on it (before all 6ml tank).
And guess what...? again leaking same position same place.
i unscrewed the pin a bit and then just tiny bit i screwed back. the leaking stopped for some odd reason but it started again with some small juice's between the mod and the tank.

So my question is how can i fix this or either does anyone have a idea about this ? thanks.

Picture's : https://imgur.com/a/OHGrU

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I wouldn't unscrew or loosen the 510 because there's no reason for it. With that said, if you think your o rings (bottom not top) are in good shape and accurately positioned, and you also rule out the coil and/or wicking, we will need to look at your juice.

VG/pg ratio is what matters here, as well as wattage/temperature you're vaping at. If its too thin, it can and will run right out of the tank, especially if you over primed it or not applying enough heat.

Higher vg on the other hand does more the opposite, burns fairly quickly if wicking can't keep up, leading then to leakage but that won't apply for you here. If the o rings are not proper placed or your tank is top fill and you open it while coils are still hot, it will leak as well but more from the airflow than beneath.

if all that doesn't apply, pull the whole tank apart and clean every tiny screw and what not, when putting it back together make sure every o ring is in place, as well as the little silicon things that are placed between screws and 510 connectors etc. But I bet its most likely as simple as someone vaping 50/50 or 60/40 at 30 watts, with juice flow and airflows wide open lol

Kcetin20

Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't unscrew or loosen the 510 because there's no reason for it. With that said, if you think your o rings (bottom not top) are in good shape and accurately positioned, and you also rule out the coil and/or wicking, we will need to look at your juice.

VG/pg ratio is what matters here, as well as wattage/temperature you're vaping at. If its too thin, it can and will run right out of the tank, especially if you over primed it or not applying enough heat.

Higher vg on the other hand does more the opposite, burns fairly quickly if wicking can't keep up, leading then to leakage but that won't apply for you here. If the o rings are not proper placed or your tank is top fill and you open it while coils are still hot, it will leak as well but more from the airflow than beneath.

if all that doesn't apply, pull the whole tank apart and clean every tiny screw and what not, when putting it back together make sure every o ring is in place, as well as the little silicon things that are placed between screws and 510 connectors etc. But I bet its most likely as simple as someone vaping 50/50 or 60/40 at 30 watts, with juice flow and airflows wide open lol
I played too much with the pin cause i'm sure it came from there and not from the juice hole or from the o-ring, i've been running 70vg diy all the time with 50-70watt and also wicking was also good in my side,
today i just broke the pin, al though i can still use it but it is safe ? i don't know.
Right now using my wasp nano rdta.

i've just ordered a ijoy rdta limitless plus from a shop, simply why ? big tank. easier to wick much more vapor...i might not more buy a RTA from now and buy only rdta's with at least 5-6ml tank and dual or more. thanks for your help also.

VU Sponsors