Become a Patron!

amp question

daisy cutter

Member For 1 Year
Good morning everyone. I have a question today regarding battery safety as it pertains to amps. I bought my first mech mod yesterday and have checked, rechecked, and then checked again my build and my current set up is:
Pulse 22 single coil rda
Purge Basic V3 mech mod
A 2.5mm 6 wrap parallel single coil made from 24g Nichrome80
.20 ohms which calculates to 21 amps with a fresh battery
I'm using Efest imr 20700 batteries 3000mAh and 30 amps
My question is, will it hurt my batteries running them at 21amps? Will it shorten their life or cause any issues?
Also are there any other concerns about this build that jumps out to anyone? I've been vaping it while I type this and am really enjoying it. Great flavor, good cloud production and very fast ramp up.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU Daisy. It actually sounds like you have done your homework on the build and have a pretty good setup for vaping.
- Realistic build.
- Proper wire material
- Sound components
- Battery suitable for the build.

Mooch rated that 20700 battery at 3000mAh and 30 amps. You are well within the operating limits of the battery for your build. So long as you do not run it low in charge or just nail the battery on super long and constatnt pulls. It should be suitable for your purpose.

You should vape that setup like no tomorrow and enjoy the hell out of it. Hat tip for double checking yourself and congrats on not being painfully dangerous.

daisy cutter

Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU Daisy. It actually sounds like you have done your homework on the build and have a pretty good setup for vaping.
- Realistic build.
- Proper wire material
- Sound components
- Battery suitable for the build.

Mooch rated that 20700 battery at 3000mAh and 30 amps. You are well within the operating limits of the battery for your build. So long as you do not run it low in charge or just nail the battery on super long and constatnt pulls. It should be suitable for your purpose.

You should vape that setup like no tomorrow and enjoy the hell out of it. Hat tip for double checking yourself and congrats on not being painfully dangerous.
Thanks for the speedy reply! I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far, much more so than the dual coil set up I first tried on it. I do have another question that has popped into my head while browsing other posts here. I read that some members have had 24ga Nichrome80 coils snap while firing. What happens in a mech mod if this happens? In my mind I'm thinking it will simply disconnect the circuit and stop firing. Is this true or am I off base?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks for the speedy reply! I'm enjoying the hell out of it so far, much more so than the dual coil set up I first tried on it. I do have another question that has popped into my head while browsing other posts here. I read that some members have had 24ga Nichrome80 coils snap while firing. What happens in a mech mod if this happens? In my mind I'm thinking it will simply disconnect the circuit and stop firing. Is this true or am I off base?

It depends on what happens. It could just break the circuit and become inoperable. In the most extreme case it could melt a piece off and cause a short somewhere and vent the battery.

I personally tend to stick to 22g NI80 as a matter of preference. Its hard to pop a coil at that gauge and is a comfortable medium for me.

daisy cutter

Member For 1 Year
It depends on what happens. It could just break the circuit and become inoperable. In the most extreme case it could melt a piece off and cause a short somewhere and vent the battery.

I personally tend to stick to 22g NI80 as a matter of preference. Its hard to pop a coil at that gauge and is a comfortable medium for me.
Thanks for the tip, I’ll pick up some 22g today!

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Also most of the time when someone says this happens with nichrome or stainless steel it is during dry firing/pulsing the coil when building/working out hot spots, not while vaping. With nichrome and ss you don’t want to glow them as bright as kanthal when pulsing

VU Sponsors