Become a Patron!

An enquiry

Laila_7

Member For 2 Years
I got DJV mod with RDA (drop) tank ( with sony battery vtc6), 0.14 coils. The thing is the vapor is hot! How can I enjoy vaping with keeping the vapor cooler ?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you get it at? It's too low af a resistance for the batteries. You'll need new coils.

Laila_7

Member For 2 Years
you need higher resistance

both because that build is not safe on a vtc6 with cdr of 15amps, and because it will provide the cooler vape that you want

:)

But it says that 15A and 30A what should i flow ?

So what about using 0.17 coils??

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not trying to be a jerk, but I would strongly suggest you learn more about what you're doing with a mechanical mod. There are some good vids on YouTube by Battery Mooch that explain battery usage and safety. Also go to www.steam-engine.org and learn to use the calculators for ohm's law and mechanicals. Also some good vids ko n using steam engine calculators.

As others have said you dont have enough battery to use your coil safely, and to get a cooler vape you need higher resistance coils.

Be safe and learn enough to enjoy your mod.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't know how to say it without sounding like I was bashing him. But more knowledge is definitely needed than it being a quick plug and play vape. This is in the territory of a bomb. Be safe and read read read

Laila_7

Member For 2 Years
I didn't know how to say it without sounding like I was bashing him. But more knowledge is definitely needed than it being a quick plug and play vape. This is in the territory of a bomb. Be safe and read read read

I read. It says (Discharge: 15A Maximum Continuous, 30A Maximum Continuous with 80 deg C cutoff)
So i thoughts it is okay to go tell 30A so when i use the law (3.7(V)/0.14(ohm)= 26.4 A) and if i want to use 0.17 ohms the Amps will be 21 so this is my calculation and this is way im using 0.14.

Please let me know if im correct and which Amps number a should consider in this case?

Thanks

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VTC6A IS a 15 amp max continuous discharge cell.
Where did you read the 30 amps?
If it is on a sticker stuck on top of the shrink wrap it is bogus.
Sony does not put those labels on there.

did you buy your battery from a reputable seller?

And as MrMeowgi said you are in dangerous "blow yer face off" territory with that coil/battery combo in a mech.

Laila_7

Member For 2 Years
The VTC6A IS a 15 amp max continuous discharge cell.
Where did you read the 30 amps?

963cce94e610d42a659f0c5f90921fd0.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I said VTC6A here is mooch's results for the VTC6

Trust Mooch, he does his best to keep us safe.
According to Mooch it can be pushed to 20 amps but you are pushing around 25 amps or so I would expect with more at the first of a fresh charge.

I think the 30 amp is if the cell is in a battery pack that has a temp sensor and shuts the pack down when the cell reaches 80 deg C.
Sonly only sells these cells for use in battery packs not for individual use, such as vaping.
Mooch tests for use in vaping with no high temp cutout, not battery pack use with a cutout.

Your mod has no temp sensor and 80 deg C is not a lot cooler than thermal runaway temps and boom in yer face.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/bench-retest-results-sony-vtc6-15a-3000mah-18650…a-fantastic-15a-20a-battery.846895/

Bench Retest Results: Sony VTC6 15A 3000mAh 18650…a fantastic 15A/20A battery!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
btw I vape single cell mechs with a 20 A battery and a .25 - .35 coil build. Warm but not hot vape.

Enjoy your vape but please be safe.

Laila_7

Member For 2 Years
btw I vape single cell mechs with a 20 A battery and a .25 - .35 coil build. Warm but not hot vape.

Enjoy your vape but please be safe.

Thank you very much. I will change my coil to 0.28. Last question. People use mech mod to go for low ohms but know we are using high ohms !!!

Im really thankful for you help

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you very much. I will change my coil to 0.28. Last question. People use mech mod to go for low ohms but know we are using high ohms !!!

Im really thankful for you help

People that use mechs have to go to low ohms to get a big vape becuase they have a maximum of about 3.6 volts or so coming out of the battery under a heavy load.
With regulated mods you can adjust up the voltage and use higher ohms coils and get the same or better vape.
the regulated mod will adjust the voltage up or down. It actually boosts or drops the voltage coming from the battery/s.
They also provide safeties like low voltage cutoff for the battery.
Discharging a LI battery too low can be very dangerous.

And you are very welcome.
If you are going to use mechs I strongly recommend you to watch some of Mooch's videos onYoutube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePHh3NMvu3rW2LFJeOWo-Q

Laila_7

Member For 2 Years
People that use mechs have to go to low ohms to get a big vape becuase they have a maximum of about 3.6 volts or so coming out of the battery under a heavy load.
With regulated mods you can adjust up the voltage and use higher ohms coils and get the same or better vape.
the regulated mod will adjust the voltage up or down. It actually boosts or drops the voltage coming from the battery/s.
They also provide safeties like low voltage cutoff for the battery.
Discharging a LI battery too low can be very dangerous.

And you are very welcome.
If you are going to use mechs I strongly recommend you to watch some of Mooch's videos onYoutube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCePHh3NMvu3rW2LFJeOWo-Q

Ok what if i use 0.5 ohms it will use only 7.4A so is it safe ??

And why just go for voltage mod instead if mech (it will give you the same performance and safer) ??

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok what if i use 0.5 ohms it will use only 7.4A so is it safe ??

And why just go for voltage mod instead if mech (it will give you the same performance and safer) ??

Ohh very safe but likely fairly low vapor production and cool.
That is another issue with a mech. to get the right temp vape you have to fiddle with different style and ohm coils with a regulated you just adjust the watts up or down.

I would say .25 - .4 max. Anything above .25 should be safe with a VTC6.
But just an educated and somewhat experienced guess.
Depends on the atty, coil ohms and mass and some batteries hit harder than others in a mech. in other words less voltage drop under load.

Laila_7

Member For 2 Years
Ohh very safe but likely fairly low vapor production and cool.
That is another issue with a mech. to get the right temp vape you have to fiddle with different style and ohm coils with a regulated you just adjust the watts up or down.

I would say .25 - .4 max. Anything above .25 should be safe with a VTC6.
But just an educated and somewhat experienced guess.
Depends on the atty, coil ohms and mass and some batteries hit harder than others in a mech. in other words less voltage drop under load.

So the safest for me is 0.25 and above?

Im wandering how to avoid the low discharge thingy?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the safest for me is 0.25 and above?

Im wandering how to avoid the low discharge thingy?

Once you get the right coil to suit you, you will notice your vape temp and quality dropping. It will get pretty weak about 3 volts or so non loaded voltage in the battery. The danger level for over discharge is around 2.5 volts and lower.
If your charger displays voltage use this as a guide combined with how the vape is doing.
It does not hurt a battery at all to charge it before it goes all the way to 3 volts or lower.
As a matter of fact it will lengthen it's life a bit.

Laila_7

Member For 2 Years
Once you get the right coil to suit you, you will notice your vape temp and quality dropping. It will get pretty weak about 3 volts or so non loaded voltage in the battery. The danger level for over discharge is around 2.5 volts and lower.
If your charger displays voltage use this as a guide combined with how the vape is doing.
It does not hurt a battery at all to charge it before it goes all the way to 3 volts or lower.
As a matter of fact it will lengthen it's life a bit.

Okk

Thank you very much

VU Sponsors