Become a Patron!

An open letter to pod makers...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To all manufacturers who make pods and AIO devices...

Please cease and desist with this nearly universal trend of forcing tinted tanks on us which it make it a royal pain to see how much liquid is in the device.

I know for a fact that most people effected by this would like at least the option for a transparent tank. I see it everywhere, including the youtube reviewers.

The Geekvape Aegis boost is a prime example, but is certainly not alone in this nearly deal breaking con. A fine device, greatly hampered by a ridiculously easy to fix con.

I know I speak for many when I say I am tired of jumping through hoops to track the liquid in these devices and the hassle it causes when refilling too.

Release a device, even an existing one, that addresses this frustrating issue and you will not be able to keep them on the shelves.

Thank you.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, the Aegis Boost pods are very dark. I ran it almost dry lots of times. I was lucky not to have dry burned the coil. To see the liquid, I take the pod off of the mod, then hold it up to some kind of light. It sucks, I don't know why they had to make them so dark. Looks? I'd have preferred a lighter shade if not clear.

The regular little pods have sort of fizzled out. Now these "Pod Mods" are taking over. They're okay, but I wish companies would focus their efforts elsewhere. I wonder what the next big thing is after these get played out.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"To all manufacturers who make pods and AIO devices...

Please cease and desist"

I feel like it could have just stopped there. lol.

@Just Frank probably some sort of squonk pod. Squods? Ponks? And of course it'll have flashing led's and a fidget spinner hanging off the side someplace.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Please cease and desist"

@Just Frank probably some sort of squonk pod. Squods? Ponks? And of course it'll have flashing led's and a fidget spinner hanging off the side someplace.
I think there is one of those. It's an IPV self squonking pod something or other.. I haven't checked it out. Not interested lol.

Freemax made one with plastic tanks you throw away. I wonder why they thought that was a good idea.. It supposedly vapes great but I'm not into throw away tanks. It's just unnecessary garbage.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To all manufacturers who make pods and AIO devices...

Please cease and desist with this nearly universal trend of forcing tinted tanks on us which it make it a royal pain to see how much liquid is in the device.

I know for a fact that most people effected by this would like at least the option for a transparent tank. I see it everywhere, including the youtube reviewers.

The Geekvape Aegis boost is a prime example, but is certainly not alone in this nearly deal breaking con. A fine device, greatly hampered by a ridiculously easy to fix con.

I know I speak for many when I say I am tired of jumping through hoops to track the liquid in these devices and the hassle it causes when refilling too.

Release a device, even an existing one, that addresses this frustrating issue and you will not be able to keep them on the shelves.

Thank you.
You will be assimilated, resistance is futile say the Pod People.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think there is one of those. It's an IPV self squonking pod something or other.. I haven't checked it out. Not interested lol.

Freemax made one with plastic tanks you throw away. I wonder why they thought that was a good idea.. It supposedly vapes great but I'm not into throw away tanks. It's just unnecessary garbage.

I really don’t like the idea of vaping plastic. I wondered what Freemax was thinking, as well. The last thing vapers need is to have throw away devices, right before Deeming yet!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You will be assimilated, resistance is futile say the Pod People.

giphy.gif

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I’m so happy you finally made this post since you and I just had a conversation about it! I won the boost on here, but literally because of the pod itself... I would NOT buy it! I’ve overfilled it too many times, even while holding it up to the light. Dry hit it so many times because the juice capacity is so small and you can’t see how low on juice you are. I’m not happy with it at all.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m so happy you finally made this post since you and I just had a conversation about it! I won the boost on here, but literally because of the pod itself... I would NOT buy it! I’ve overfilled it too many times, even while holding it up to the light. Dry hit it so many times because the juice capacity is so small and you can’t see how low on juice you are. I’m not happy with it at all.

Good thing you didn't pay for it. Sorry to hear about the waste of juice though

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IMO POD Systems cost more to use than any pre-made coils. I tried them when they first came out but leaks and unreliability turned me off on them.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I wonder why they thought that was a good idea..

it is a good idea. there are vapers that just don't want to mess with coils, let alone building.
but i would say that not many people got into them, otherwise they would be more abundant than they are.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The stupid thing is, it's a great device otherwise. Could use a little more capacity, but I can live with that. It's small and portable, super durable and I love the vape with the Reewape rba deck. Battery life is good too. At least how I have it setup.

Everything you said takes a potentially great device and makes it one I wouldn't buy again either because of something as ridiculous as the dark tint in the tank. Just like you say ,even with a light directly behind it you're straining and tilting it around trying to see where the juice is. For Pete's sake (whoever Pete is) just release a pod that we can see through. It doesn't require a design engineer for this.

Ya know what's funny? The SMOK Trinity Alpha is a breeze by comparison. Pop it out, slide the cap over and fill it. Even the obsession with tinting is present there too, but it's easy to see through and tell when it's full.

I for one don't care about the looks of the pod if it means the difference between all this hassle or not. Pretty much all of them do it though.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Please cease and desist"

I do totally understand this :D There was a time not that long ago when I did NOT get pods at all really. There's a list of cons there for sure, but they have come to have a place in my rotation. I also do agree though too that the focus is way overblown the last year or so.

They're certainly not future proof at all.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The stupid thing is, it's a great device otherwise. Could use a little more capacity, but I can live with that. It's small and portable, super durable and I love the vape with the Reewape rba deck. Battery life is good too. At least how I have it setup.

Everything you said takes a potentially great device and makes it one I wouldn't buy again either because of something as ridiculous as the dark tint in the tank. Just like you say ,even with a light directly behind it you're straining and tilting it around trying to see where the juice is. For Pete's sake (whoever Pete is) just release a pod that we can see through. It doesn't require a design engineer for this.

Ya know what's funny? The SMOK Trinity Alpha is a breeze by comparison. Pop it out, slide the cap over and fill it. Even the obsession with tinting is present there too, but it's easy to see through and tell when it's full.

I for one don't care about the looks of the pod if it means the difference between all this hassle or not. Pretty much all of them do it though.
You said everything I agree with!

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:giggle: But see, that's the point. Non clear tank is practically synonymous with "pod."

WHY!!!

I wish the manufacturers would stop that please.

They do it for looks. Clear tanks are more practical, yes, but it breaks up the look of a device because it doesn't "match" the trim.

There is a HUUUUUUUGE segment of the vaping market that's fashion conscious, and I believe they make up the bulk of pod system consumers.

And while I'm on that subject, hate to offend anyone, but I gotta say what's on my mind...cuz I'm like that...

Look at all those gaudy tanks and mods they put out these days. Every time I see 'em, I think of Mrs. Roper from the sitcom "Three's Company".

kt461.jpg

200w.gif

iHyzA_WFNB4l.jpg

But hey, that's just my personal opinion.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the names they give vape equipment..
sheesh.
Many of the names help to fuel the anti vape hysteria.

And I agree I prefer more discreet vape stuff. Just black, silver or white for me.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And the names they give vape equipment..
sheesh.
Many of the names help to fuel the anti vape hysteria.

And I agree I prefer more discreet vape stuff. Just black, silver or white for me.

Brushed Steel is my go-to "color".

I love black, too, but I got real turned off to painted gear after the IPV Mini V1 30W paint job from hell (peeling and flaking everywhere for no reason).

But not just for that, I just always loved brushed steel gear of almost any kind.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Brushed Steel is my go-to "color".

I love black, too, but I got real turned off to painted gear after the IPV Mini V1 30W paint job from hell (peeling and flaking everywhere for no reason).

But not just for that, I just always loved brushed steel gear of almost any kind.

I am mainly a white mod kind of guy. I do have a few brass mechs and maybe 1/2 dozen black mods.
I did order 4 mech sqonkers that are strange color. However they were like $4 each I think.
More vape bunker stock and I am a cheap assed bassid :)

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, Thank you!. I actually really like the Aegis boost except for the DAMN dark tank. It's stupid how dark it is. Make a fucking lighter colored or clear one for us that aren't as concerned about the fashion of the device but don't like vaping the coil dry.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thank you, Thank you!. I actually really like the Aegis boost except for the DAMN dark tank. It's stupid how dark it is. Make a fucking lighter colored or clear one for us that aren't as concerned about the fashion of the device but don't like vaping the coil dry.

has anyone tried a flashlight behind the tank ?

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
so, empty, you can see inside. juice in it = no way ?
Even empty it’s near impossible to see. That’s why we have issues with dry hits. It’s like a baby, you have to constantly check on it to make sure you’re not getting too low on juice. The pod is literally the only issue with this system.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Voopoo Vinci X. I love it. Clear tank, RBA that actually works, replaceable 18650. Great vape.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Now we just need someone to take this one and make it waterproof. I love the boost because I can vape it in the shower.

You got it bad when you need to carry your vape with you into the shower.

But no, the Vinci X would probably electrocute ya.

Seriously though, it really is a nice device. I'm super happy I bought it. The way I built it, it doesn't blow massive clouds, but it's respectable, and has really good flavor. Restricted DL. And the battery and eliquid life is really good.

On a different note, glad to hear that you're on the mend. It's very noticeable around here when you take a break. :hug:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You got it bad when you need to carry your vape with you into the shower.

But no, the Vinci X would probably electrocute ya.

Seriously though, it really is a nice device. I'm super happy I bought it. The way I built it, it doesn't blow massive clouds, but it's respectable, and has really good flavor. Restricted DL. And the battery and eliquid life is really good.

On a different note, glad to hear that you're on the mend. It's very noticeable around here when you take a break. :hug:
I may have to invest in one.

Thank you. Hopefully I will taste stuff again soon.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
it is a good idea. there are vapers that just don't want to mess with coils, let alone building.
but i would say that not many people got into them, otherwise they would be more abundant than they are.

For a one off event, like you’ll be using a pod for, it’s fine. But I wouldn’t want to be vaping a plastic tank constantly. The one pod I tried tasted strange, imho.

You could use an AIO in most cases on the street anyway. For a show, that teeny pod is perfect.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
They do it for looks. Clear tanks are more practical, yes, but it breaks up the look of a device because it doesn't "match" the trim.

There is a HUUUUUUUGE segment of the vaping market that's fashion conscious, and I believe they make up the bulk of pod system consumers.

And while I'm on that subject, hate to offend anyone, but I gotta say what's on my mind...cuz I'm like that...

Look at all those gaudy tanks and mods they put out these days. Every time I see 'em, I think of Mrs. Roper from the sitcom "Three's Company".

kt461.jpg

200w.gif

iHyzA_WFNB4l.jpg

But hey, that's just my personal opinion.

That’s really funny! All of my setups are black or stainless, pretty much. :teehee:

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
They should put a light built into the mod part behind the pod. Like the Squeeze 2 has, I’m usually not a fan of lights on my mod but when they are functional it’s ok. The Squeeze 2 doesn’t really need it but even in a dark room I can see the level of my bottle every time I hit the fire button. Form follows function

VU Sponsors