Become a Patron!

Anarchist/Aria Phenotype-L

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Howdy!
Picked up this atty a few days ago and wanted to share some preliminary thoughts with the fam!
1c219330fceae24b6329c3abf7baeb10.jpg

8cb4541cf26a247077aef463a5929276.jpg
a5e6a7824901a81a259d59758f6d88bd.jpg
9bb948d089eaf6179aaf82a7b13ba2e4.jpg
b34f311d97d793e0a9bfadf82e1d7ca0.jpg
9f294d398d18a2868d75a0ad53c9a9be.jpg

ffc1a6f6645cd4810fcd4d58d3d85a75.jpg

Next time i build i'll post a bare photo of the deck itself.
Now-with the exception of one SUPER annoying con, i am really, really pleased with this atty. More on the former in a moment.
I am a huge fan of two-post attys. The Dotmod Petri was a long time favorite of mine. This atty has a similar two-post design but has only one hole per post. I enjoy the post hole size (about 3mm, i'll add the specs at the bottom) though i have personally always found the post hole "sharing" when running a dual coil a little bit annoying. Which is made a little more annoying (for me) because this atty does NOT support a single coil build in the traditional sense. It is still possible to build a single coil between the posts, but the airflow control must still be open on both sides.
The airflow consists of four enormous "windows" which are controlled by a top cap with "fins" very similar in design to the mutation X line of drippers. The airflow is so immense that i would struggle to imagine a coil build that would require you to use them wide open. I'm sure someone will though.
The atty doesn't come with much in the way of extras. I'm going to look into the availability of spare parts and edit this post accordingly. But out of the box there are only a pair of extra o-rings-no spare screws or anything that even bottom of the barrel clones come with these days. Unacceptable really.
It does however come with a 510 adaptor and a stainless 510 drip tip along with an enormous chuff style cap which i find to be incredibly comfortable and fun to use. The post screws are flathead grub screws-so no stripped post screws here. But don't lose em-cause you only get 2!!!
Now-here's where i get cranky. The o-rings on this atty SUCK. If you are the kind of person who never removes anything and drips right through the top-you may not care. It would then be a non-issue. I like to pop some part of the cap off and drip right onto my coils. After an hour or so the o-rings began to stretch on me and get snagged under the top cap. So then i started popping the afc cap off instead-same deal. The replacement o-rings are identical.....so replacing them only bought me an hour or so of frustration free vaping. I recently bought a chuff cap that came with about 8 pairs of different sized o-rings, so after finding a suitable replacement i am now able to enjoy this atty in all its glory.
Once i solved the o-ring issue, using this atty was exactly that-f'n glorious. I love it. The stainless is really high quality. It FEELS like a $100 atty. Luckily it's only $65. In my opinion it's well worth it: o-ring problems aside. One of the cool things about a 2 post atty is dripping through the top usually results in a nice, even distribution of juice to the coils/cotton. All in all i really enjoy this atty, and it will be my everyday dripper for a while i would imagine. Cheers!!

VU Sponsors