Become a Patron!

Anarchist wire & Twisted Messes Nichrome, Worth it?

Are you going to pay for and use Anarchist & Twisted Messes wire going forward.

• I will not use Anarchist Wire , but will use Twisted Messes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will not use Twisted Messes Wire, but will use Anarchist wire.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so Im posting this because there's new vapers coming onboard all the time and it's a mine field of products out there with marketing BS that can bamboozle even someone with a skeptical mind when there completely new to everything in a subject and will likely weight the opinions of some of these professional coil builders highly.

Im going to start off with a price comparison of Anarchist wire and a UK wire manufacturer I buy my wire from as I live in Ireland called The Mesh Company, they have different sites from what I can tell to focus on different uses for the wire, the site I used was wireandstuff.co.uk.
Im not affiliated in any way I've only made 2 purchases from them online.
The prices for Anarchist wire are from twistedmesses.com and Im using the cheapest one they sell.
Ok
Both are Ni80
Anarchist Wire 26g, 15 ft is $18 = $1.2 per foot
Wireandstuff 26g, 328 ft is $12.11 = $0.035 per foot

Thats approximately a 40 times more expensive.

Now the composition of the wire.
Anarchist wire.
They gives no technical data/information for there wire nothing they say can be nailed down to a data point that actually means anything, Competition grade, extremely high-grade form of Nichrome it's all marketing, they dont give any breakdown or percentages.
The only data is the weight Weight 0.012 lbs
They also dont tel you what the resistance per meter of there wire is they give no way to compare against another Ni80 wire which I can understand given the price there charging

Wireandstuff
Wire Specifications:
Measured Resistance - 578 ohms/m
Spool Size - 100 + Metres
Wire Thickness - 0.05mm (50 Micron or - AWG)
Linear Expansion Coefficient 10-6/°C - 17.5
Thermal Conductivity Wm-1 °C-1 - 15
Heat Resistance - Up to 1000°C (1832°F).
Nickel Chrome (NrCr 80/20) is widely known for its suitability for use alongside superfine vape mesh for wicking in e-cigarette atomizers.

Common Application(s):
Nickel chrome 80/20 is commonly used as a heat treatment wire.
Technical Specification:
Ni - Rest
Cr - 20.0 - 23.0
Fe - <1.0

Max Continuous Service Temp Of Element - 1200
Resistivity at 20oc - 1.09
Density (g/cm3) - 8.40
Thermal Conductivity (KJ/m.h.oC) - 60.3
Coefficient of Lines Expansion - 18.0
Melting Point (approx) (oC) - 1400
Elongation at Rupture (%) - >20
Micrographic Structure - Austenite
Magnetic Properties - Nonmagnetic

Thats only for Ni80 but they also do about 10 different Nickel alloys and pure Nickels for vaping.
They do the usual ones Ni60, 80, 90, NiFe48, 52, 70, Nickell titanium,
Ni200 hard wire Ni200 soft and Ni 205
They also carry a range of Stainless Kanthal and titanium.

Ok so on to Twisted Messes Ni80 which wont take as long the Technical data is the same format for for different gages.

Price comparison Ni80
Twisted Messes 44g is $29.99 for 500Ft = $0.06 per foot
Wireandstuf 44g is $4.69 for 495Ft = $0.01 per foot

It's not the 4000% difference of anarchist wire but it is around 500%.

I also really dislike the way allot of these "pro builders" promote the wires it's not clear it's advertising many of them are friends and in general I dont have a problem giving your friends a shoutout but I think there going past that and given the staggering premium you will be paying and the lack of any technical information to tell what you just payed a premium for I just thinks it comes across as a little bit shady to me.

Im sure in the US theres wire manufacturers with similar prices as the UK guys.

I've definitely heard of Temco and Vapowire
Even other resellers are going to be cheaper then the above.
Amazon.com has good prices also.

The bottom line is this if someone is trying to charge me 500% to 4000% more for a product that company has to demonstrate what makes their product better with some real information that can be used to compare and make a valuation marketing BS is not good enough.

Anyway that my 2cents on the subject.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My take on it, it is for the "Elitist Enthusiast". Can't say I am not an "Elitist" in my view point, but being all of the wire you are discussing here is basically all NiChrome80. Sorry, I can't reconcile paying a 500% or 4000% difference in price than what I get already for vendors such as Temco (Direct Manufacturer by the way), Lightning Vapes or Kidney Puncher here in the US (both of the last two are end retailers so are a bit higher than Temco, but still, they are a heck of a lot cheaper than the other two brands in comparison). Basic rule of thumb, it is over-hyped wire, even if it gives a 1% better vapor production, that 1% does not compensate for the price over standard NiChr80, buyer beware and do your research before any purchase.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive used enough TM wire to tell you Kbeevapes wire isnt much different...lol
Its for those that want to pay for the brand name...like any other outlet in all hobbies and markets.

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its for those that want to pay for the brand name...like any other outlet in all hobbies and markets.

I can almost understand and am less bothered by Twisted Messes wire because it's only 500% more expensive lol.
But it's the Anarchist wire that really sticks in my craw at 4000% more expensive and doesn't even come on a spool.

I feel there targeting and taking advantage of Newbies who dont know any better and might not have the time to learn all the inns and outs of wire, but also might be interested in building coils and it's this incestous relationship between these "Pro Builders" doing how to video's and there friends that are giving them free wire to use.

When there building there coil the specify there using Anarchist competition wire for the cores, no mention that it's Ni80 most the time,
Then they will say and Im using Twisted Messes Nichrome or Ni89 40g for the wrap.

Once you understand the magnitude of the rip there attempting the whole thing comes across as shady as f*#%.

Anyone who buys there wire and then later finds out what sort of premium they were paying to have a TM sticker on there spool of wire or to have a black bag with Arty writing on it, there going to feel like they have been ripped off and taken advantage of.

I would not buy anything produced or associated with Anarchist wire which as far as I can tell is owned by Ohmboyoc.
As for TM put it this way I have no moral ambiguity in owning a TM clone.

I've got a couple questions for you. I'm looking into different vendors and the pricing vs. quality of the wire. I typically buy my wire from lighting vapes and I recently purchased some from Kidney Puncher. It seems that Kidney Puncher's wire looks better in quality. I can't really tell if it effects the quality of the vape though. Have you used Kidney Puncher wire or Lightning Vapes wire? Any major or minor differences? Is it worth 2 to 4 times as much money?? Thanks in advance for your help.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got a couple questions for you. I'm looking into different vendors and the pricing vs. quality of the wire. I typically buy my wire from lighting vapes and I recently purchased some from Kidney Puncher. It seems that Kidney Puncher's wire looks better in quality. I can't really tell if it effects the quality of the vape though. Have you used Kidney Puncher wire or Lightning Vapes wire? Any major or minor differences? Is it worth 2 to 4 times as much money?? Thanks in advance for your help.
Temco has good prices for good wire. https://temcoindustrial.com/shop/wire-cable-accessories/non-resistance-wire

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There are a few differences.
Cheap wire is just that....cheap, little to no quality control and weaker in composition.

Sanvik wire (KP) versus normal wire (lighning Vapes)
Sanvik will be shiny clean, spooled better, come off the spool straight and will last much longer than normal wire (can last months more...)
KP colors better also :)

26383814_432390677196115_4899619303101300736_n.jpg

VU Sponsors