Become a Patron!

Anna Mae's marketing style

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe I'm an old asshole, but I go off when I see ejuice manufacturers who appear to
target kids.
Dont we have enough trouble with FDA already?

I have these 2 juice: Slug Juice and Zombie Blood

They taste almost the same, terrible!! like every artificial food flavoring known to man got dumped into one vat.
Also, they put green color in it for 'effect'...

What do you guys think. Does this look like youth target marketing or am I just an asshole!!!!

anna mea juice.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, since vape stores routinely card nowadays, it's just to appeal to immature adults. My son got some Anna Mae's Nana Puddin at our local shop on Friday, and he LOVES it. I can't try it, it's got entirely too much VG for me (we think it's a 50/50 ratio), but it sure smells delicious.

Calling out vendors who put stupid shit on their labels is for the ANTZ to do, we don't need to do it to ourselves.

cartoonsargument.jpg

Andria

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, since vape stores routinely card nowadays, it's just to appeal to immature adults. My son got some Anna Mae's Nana Puddin at our local shop on Friday, and he LOVES it. I can't try it, it's got entirely too much VG for me (we think it's a 50/50 ratio), but it sure smells delicious.

Calling out vendors who put stupid shit on their labels is for the ANTZ to do, we don't need to do it to ourselves.

View attachment 90919

Andria

I agree with you about the appeal to immature adults, (you and I know that) but this is the sort of thing the FDA looks for and uses as proof that
kids are being a target and hence, e-cig stuff should be banned or greatly regulated (much to the giddy glee of the big pharma
industry)..
So, even though it looks harmless to us, the FED uses it to make their case against us.....

UnholiestSpork

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cartoon images like those are really easy and cheap for people to purchase the rights to, even for distribution of a vape product. Yeah the cartoon-y appeal may get some raised eyebrows, but the whole reason they are used is to appeal to an adults' memory of their childhood and the illicit pleasures of eating something they shouldn't. In shirt.... It's all marketing.
5a00695e4868b93ebeee3586158ed274.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cartoon images like those are really easy and cheap for people to purchase the rights to, even for distribution of a vape product. Yeah the cartoon-y appeal may get some raised eyebrows, but the whole reason they are used is to appeal to an adults' memory of their childhood and the illicit pleasures of eating something they shouldn't. In shirt.... It's all marketing.
5a00695e4868b93ebeee3586158ed274.jpg

Yep, again, I know that, and you do to, but think how easy it is to slant and twist the intended meaning..

FDA says all these flavors; like the sweet cereals, donuts, candy, etc. are intended to target under age kids.
Well guess what assholes, adults love that shit too.. and as you said, it takes them back to when they were a kid.
Like Fruit Loops.. i'm like; wow.. i loved those when i was a kid, i need to try that...
We both know that our government operates on their own sense of logic, and weighing evidence is not something
they do well (alternate facts... bwaaaaahahaha)..

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Maybe I'm an old asshole, but I go off when I see ejuice manufacturers who appear to
target kids.

They taste almost the same, terrible!! like every artificial food flavoring known to man got dumped into one vat.

What do you guys think. Does this look like youth target marketing or am I just an asshole!!!!

View attachment 90914
Agree, cartoon vape marketing are nothing but FDA fodder for making up reasons to ban flavors, its stupid- makes you wonder whose behind the recent rash of such advertising, idiots or big tobacco paying off the marketing agencies?

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agree, cartoon vape marketing are nothing but FDA fodder for making up reasons to ban flavors, its stupid- makes you wonder whose behind the recent rash of such advertising, idiots or big tobacco paying off the marketing agencies?

I work in the pharmaceutical industry, and I can tell you they are a HUGE influence.... dont know about the tobacco industry
that they say they hate (untill the donation $$ comes rolling in), but I do know that e-cigs are taking a big bite out of
their profits .... So, money rules....

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One thing I'll always remember about marketing and sticks with me is what Bill Hicks said about that and advertising. Probably the truest words I've ever heard :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I've wondered for quite awhile is why would anyone would think the vaping industry would want to target "the children." It's us big kids with the jobs and the money.

I dont think they really think that.. I think they are just using that as a scare tactic for parents to rally support on their side.
The pharma industry is pushing pretty hard (and they have very deep pockets) to get all this stuff off the market, so you have to buy their products
to quit smoking... They used the same tactic several years ago for drug "abuse".. your kid gets a whiff of pot on Monday,
and he is a full blown ****** addict by Wednesday. ... LOL

UnholiestSpork

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This whole thing reminds me of Tipper Hire and the "Heavy Metal/profanity in music is destroying the American Child!!!!" Nonsense. Yeah, kids will see the names and cartoon outsides and want to try it, but it is OUR duty as their parents (and the adults in their lives) to steer them away from it all. This marketing bullshit is one way they can stick their hands in our pocketbooks and wallets, and get us to pay even more then we already are.

I live in California where a pack of Reds goes for nearly $9, and the price hike is all explained away by the "it's to pay for your future hospital needs/antismoking campaigns! We are taking care of you by doing this!! DONT YOU LOVE US YET?!?!?" ideals of the politicians who were paid off by the Smoking lobbists. The fact that vaping actually is SAFER then smoking isn't something they can wrap their minds about, and so they lob it into the smoking pile and call it a day .

I still remember when Joe Camel and the Marlboro Man were nixxed because they thought the characters "appealed too much" to children, and heavily influenced underage smokers/kids who didn't yet smoke but wanted to be as cool as the two smoking icons. Also, remember when Ciggie machines were done away with? Too easy for kids to buy from. (This has a point I swear!)

Because vaping is considered smoking by the State, the cartoon characters ARE a way for the gubermint to put their hands out and ask for moneys. They will crack down on the label makers and eventually the bright colors and cartoon-y mascots will die the way Joe Camel and the Marlboro Man did, and it will do about as much good to prevent vaping in children as getting rid of the aforementioned two smoking icons did for cigarettes. Which is not much if at all.

Sorry for long posting. But this is kind of interesting to me, seeing the sociological impact of advertising on people. Kind of feeling out, as it were.
0d6f4ed831109893fe50067413ed41db.jpg

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This whole thing reminds me of Tipper Hire and the "Heavy Metal/profanity in music is destroying the American Child!!!!" Nonsense. Yeah, kids will see the names and cartoon outsides and want to try it, but it is OUR duty as their parents (and the adults in their lives) to steer them away from it all. This marketing bullshit is one way they can stick their hands in our pocketbooks and wallets, and get us to pay even more then we already are.

I live in California where a pack of Reds goes for nearly $9, and the price hike is all explained away by the "it's to pay for your future hospital needs/antismoking campaigns! We are taking care of you by doing this!! DONT YOU LOVE US YET?!?!?" ideals of the politicians who were paid off by the Smoking lobbists. The fact that vaping actually is SAFER then smoking isn't something they can wrap their minds about, and so they lob it into the smoking pile and call it a day .

I still remember when Joe Camel and the Marlboro Man were nixxed because they thought the characters "appealed too much" to children, and heavily influenced underage smokers/kids who didn't yet smoke but wanted to be as cool as the two smoking icons. Also, remember when Ciggie machines were done away with? Too easy for kids to buy from. (This has a point I swear!)

Because vaping is considered smoking by the State, the cartoon characters ARE a way for the gubermint to put their hands out and ask for moneys. They will crack down on the label makers and eventually the bright colors and cartoon-y mascots will die the way Joe Camel and the Marlboro Man did, and it will do about as much good to prevent vaping in children as getting rid of the aforementioned two smoking icons did for cigarettes. Which is not much if at all.

Sorry for long posting. But this is kind of interesting to me, seeing the sociological impact of advertising on people. Kind of feeling out, as it were.
0d6f4ed831109893fe50067413ed41db.jpg

I agree with you, it's all bullshit.. I remember (since you mentioned the Heavy Metal music thing) how the FCC banned DJ's from
playing any music with drug lyrics back in the 1960's.. So as a joke, the DJ's played "Green green grass of home" by Dean Martin... LOL

Now a days, it seems everyone is more concerned with who to blame things on then they are actually getting the facts, learning,
and taking responsibility for what they do...

If your little Timmy is watching something on TV that you dont want him to see, you dont write to your Senator to have it
banned, you monitor and put limits on your child's TV viewing..
FDA claims that kids are exposed to e-cigarettes on TV adds!! Oh really? When was the last time you saw a commercial for
a MOD, tank, or e-juice???
Kids are more exposed to McDonalds.. hence the heart disease and obesity problem in the US.
They dont ban McDonalds commercials....

target kids.

View attachment 90914
Sorry this might be a few months late but for first hand experience this e-juice has no artificial flavors and it does not have dye it is a extremely small amount of food coloring in it. Every ingredient is natural as the owner is very sensitive to artificial flavors and samples all the new or existing flavors constantly for quality. There has been days where I have seen him dump gallons of e-juice in the waste. As for the labels and bottles they are all licensed with the fda. Should have called the company and told them that's it didn't meet your expectations and they would have made it right. So before you come to assumptions about a company do your research first.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry this might be a few months late but for first hand experience this e-juice has no artificial flavors and it does not have dye it is a extremely small amount of food coloring in it. Every ingredient is natural as the owner is very sensitive to artificial flavors and samples all the new or existing flavors constantly for quality. There has been days where I have seen him dump gallons of e-juice in the waste. As for the labels and bottles they are all licensed with the fda. Should have called the company and told them that's it didn't meet your expectations and they would have made it right. So before you come to assumptions about a company do your research first.

Ejuice should NEVER EVER EVER! have ANY!!!!! food coloring in it. And it should NEVER EVER EVER attempt to look like a kid's product, or some existent food product -- that's called trademark infringement, and if nothing else, it gives the FDfuckingA a good excuse to make an example of them.

Andria

And BTW, maybe you should make yourself welcome around here before you go criticizing something posted here. Doing it in your first post is NOT the way to make yourself welcome.

VU Sponsors