Become a Patron!

Annoying Customers

Would you tell the customer to purcahse something or continue to let them bother you at work?

• Buy something or leave

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Please continue bothering me while im working and helping out paying customers

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like real life pop-up ads, they are annoying, consistent, and unwanted. Customers come in, sit at the bar and for the next hour or more ruin your time. They don't buy anything. What they do is they "hang out" and ask you vacuous questions about products. Not about the specs, but about personal preference. (these are real questions asked by one customer over a period of 2 hours while he sat in my shop) "Which do you think is better, the S-Priv or the X-priv" "Do you think my black tank will look good on this green Smok T-Priv" "Whats your opinion on the Smok Mag, because I wouldn't want to get stopped by the cop with a Smok Mag in my hand, because it looks like a gun" "Do you guys sell Naked juice smaller than a 60ml" "How do you control the wattage on a mech mod" "Why is the Goon so much, is it because of the type of materials they use to make it" "Is the Valyrian like the Crown 3" "My friend says CBD smells like weed, is that true" "

This goes on for quite a while. So I will spare the reader. The customer then goes on to recommend going to see Solo, telling me I would like it because they did. (keep in mind this is a stranger, we aren't friends, I don't know this person). I resent people who Assume my taste in movies. #don'tassumemytasteinmovies.

I will end my short rant on the one question that sat ruminating in my brain while the customer was pestering me.

What is going on inside the mind of this ill-starred customer while asking vexatious questions? and what possesses you to hang out at a shop only to bother the employee without buying anything?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd have to see the shop, post pics, and yer sign, and the ads..

I frankly consider this normal for RETAIL. I work food service - and I've seen or heard almost everything.. What I've seen of Vape Store makes me want to hurt people - usually the owner, manager and employees.

Congrats. You got an otherwise work-free paycheck. Tell the customers to GO AWAY.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I work food service

No wonder you are such a miserable bastard

What is going on inside the mind of this ill-starred customer while asking vexatious questions? and what possesses you to hang out at a shop only to bother the employee without buying anything?

I call those people "that guy"

They don't have jobs and no home life, so they take it out on behind-the-counter shop keepers

Unless they scare off paying customers, you just have to find a way to work around them

If he moves on, another will take his place

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No wonder you are such a miserable bastard
I am not a bastard, since I know my parents. You don't, and I've forgive that - once.

That said, I like cooking and baking much as I do reloading, shooting, ejuice-mixing or general electronics: you need to know some ground-rules, you got a modicum of PRECISION, and the rest is judgement. You COMPETE with yourself.

If I could get a nice, well-paid, clean Vaping Retail position, I'd do so - it'd likely suffer the same sort of fuckwits as Owners, nitwits as customers, but - I'd be clean and advising them as best I could. I even ran into issues when I'd advise folks based on research to their issues - I wanted repeat business, not a one-time percentage. Bad enough management doesn't look that far ahead, but gee - customers don't like their little thought-bubbles burst either.

BE POLITE, particularly if you cannot be KIND.. Why is the idea of "treat others as you would like to be treated" so off-putting?

I sympathize with him being asked about colors - as I would politics: people NEVER want that truth. I'd smile and tell them I was colorblind. ;-P

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"I'd have to see the shop, post pics, and yer sign, and the ads.."

posting pictures of my shop is unrelated and not needed for this type of post. "the ads". I was using a metaphor. Much like watching a show on hulu, ads will pop up and ruin the middle of the show.

"Congrats. You got an otherwise work-free paycheck. Tell the customers to GO AWAY."

work-free. Its understandable that from an outside perspective managing a vape store might seem work free. Just know, sometimes people do more than just sit at a shop all day and collect a paycheck.

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will add, seeing I didn't have to before, that I did answer every single question they asked with politeness and to the full extent of my knowledge. All I am stating is the type of Personality of said customer

Last edited:

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some of us just aren't wired to handle retail customer service. The same thing happens in many other specialty retail settings, whether it be stereo equipment, gaming computers or bicycles. Putting in a lounge or bar setup invites it even more so. Humoring the occasional fanatic who chats and rarely buys comes with the territory. If you own the shop, make it less inviting to hang out. If not, find another job.

A third option - hide all the seats in the back room when you're punched in!

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some of us just aren't wired to handle retail customer service. The same thing happens in many other specialty retail settings, whether it be stereo equipment, gaming computers or bicycles. Putting in a lounge or bar setup invites it even more so. Humoring the occasional fanatic who chats and rarely buys comes with the territory. If you own the shop, make it less inviting to hang out. If not, find another job.

A third option - hide all the seats in the back room when you're punched in!

By all means people from all walks of life are allowed to come in and sit at the bar and not buy anything. I run a vape store / lounge, I know what that comes with. This is only about the type of customers that come in and what they ask me.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sometimes people do more than just sit at a shop all day and collect a paycheck.
I've yet to see that - I can find more here than meatspace.

I did answer every single question he asked with politeness and to the full extent of my knowledge
That, and the willingness to reserarch for the fools, is the job - congrats/sympathies..

Putting in a lounge or bar setup invites it even more so
Absotively. You INVITED them into "your home" - it's very little different from "inviting people over". You are SEEN as both HOST and AUTHORITY. So, you need to do your best. For many people that means "BEST salesman-of-iceboxes-to-eskimos" and for some of us, it means "explaining best I can from what I know, where I know and why".

I already know most people are idiots. It Is Known - and I got the miles. BUT, you cannot go wrong as their ADVOCATE/Source by telling them you do know THus, don't know the-other, and WHY you know thus & such. Now, this may not please yer boss - except you seem to BE the "manager" - and it may not soothe the numpties - but you TRIED.

Hey, I hear Starbucks is hiring!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Speaking of Solo ...you seen this fan ware from Dee Mods “The Solo RDA” this thing will do the Kessler run in 12 parsecs

For you my friend...I’ll do a deal because I too am a fan of the saga $insert random figure

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The person is lonely or has social difficulties due to something like Aperger's. Maybe he has no one he can speak with about vaping. We all have our own idiosyncrasies. Perhaps you're the only person that day that actually spoke to that person in a conversational manner. It may not mean much to you, but it could mean a lot to him.

Just thinking aloud.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like real life pop-up ads, they are annoying, consistent, and unwanted. Customers come in, sit at the bar and for the next hour or more ruin your time. They don't buy anything. What they do is they "hang out" and ask you vacuous questions about products. Not about the specs, but about personal preference. (these are real questions asked by one customer over a period of 2 hours while he sat in my shop) "Which do you think is better, the S-Priv or the X-priv"
Both are equally shitty.
"Do you think my black tank will look good on this green Smok T-Priv"
No. There aren't any atomizers that look good on a Smok mod... that's just because all Smok mods look like cheap toys.
"Whats your opinion on the Smok Mag,
It's shitty.
because I wouldn't want to get stopped by the cop with a Smok Mag in my hand, because it looks like a gun"
Good point.
"Do you guys sell Naked juice smaller than a 60ml"
No. All our juices are dressed properly.
"How do you control the wattage on a mech mod"
By going into the temp control menu.
"Why is the Goon so much, is it because of the type of materials they use to make it"
Yes. The materials they use had to be meticulously extracted from blueeyedgoon83's smelted skull.
"Is the Valyrian like the Crown 3"
I dunno. Could be.
"My friend says CBD smells like weed, is that true" "
What kind of weed did he tell you it smells like?
This goes on for quite a while. So I will spare the reader. The customer then goes on to recommend going to see Solo, telling me I would like it because they did. (keep in mind this is a stranger, we aren't friends, I don't know this person). I resent people who Assume my taste in movies. #don'tassumemytasteinmovies.
It's only a 7.2 on IMDB, though...
I will end my short rant on the one question that sat ruminating in my brain while the customer was pestering me.

What is going on inside the mind of this ill-starred customer while asking vexatious questions?
i-am-the-senate-change-my-mind-31615820.png

and what possesses you to hang out at a shop only to bother the employee without buying anything?
CommentPhotos.com_1394816841.jpg

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been in the food service industry for 40 years, and working with the public can be taxing. Yes, they pay our salaries. Yes, they pay our bills. But we're still human and some of them can be aggravating. It's sometimes more difficult to remember when you're tired or have other issues at hand that without them, you wouldn't have your job/business. And as agitating as a few of them can be, it's important to remember that while they may not be consistently contributing financially, they could very well be recommending you and your business to others who need your services. I always tried to see it as free advertisement in that respect.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have never worked retail in my life, but I do understand the importance of customer relationships. And your shop depends on these customers more than they depend on you. A dude kicking tires might not buy something today, but if you are kind to him he might end up being your best, most loyal customer down the road.

I have spent weeks writing proposals only to sell the job 3 years later when it was unexpected.

Customers do not have to be loyal, you have to win that loyalty and sometimes it comes in the form of stupid questions and doing the song and dance. The reality of retail is it has been replaced by the internet, we as consumers can click a few buttons and for less money than you sell a product someone will bring it to our house and drop it off on our doorstep. People use brick and mortar for immediacy and instant gratification. This simple fact makes the importance of fostering these relationships much more important for your own survival.

Welcome to VU.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Wow.. what a complaint! :(

By all means people from all walks of life are allowed to come in and sit at the bar and not buy anything. I run a vape store / lounge, I know what that comes with. This is only about the type of customers that come in and what they ask me.

People come in all sorts of different flavors, and if you can't get along with them all.. there is an issue. The vape scene is still filled with a few people that just want knowledge, or are wanting opinions. Maybe they do need a friend and are having suicidal thoughts. It is hard to tell, since there is always 2 sides of any situation. Who knows.. the customer might just be someone trying to learn. You never know, the customer might just have enough money to buy whatever it is they want.. If it really annoys you, maybe you should find a job with no customer interaction..

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Speaking of Solo ...you seen this fan ware from Dee Mods “The Solo RDA” this thing will do the Kessler run in 12 parsecs

For you my friend...I’ll do a deal because I too am a fan of the saga $insert random figure

I think Chewie said "it was closer to 13 parsecs"

"Not if you round Down, buddy!"

I have never worked retail in my life, but I do understand the importance of customer relationships. And your shop depends on these customers more than they depend on you. A dude kicking tires might not buy something today, but if you are kind to him he might end up being your best, most loyal customer down the road.

I have spent weeks writing proposals only to sell the job 3 years later when it was unexpected.

Customers do not have to be loyal, you have to win that loyalty and sometimes it comes in the form of stupid questions and doing the song and dance. The reality of retail is it has been replaced by the internet, we as consumers can click a few buttons and for less money than you sell a product someone will bring it to our house and drop it off on our doorstep. People use brick and mortar for immediacy and instant gratification. This simple fact makes the importance of fostering these relationships much more important for your own survival.

Welcome to VU.

Totally! I was one of those types at a local shop in my last town - chatting about this and that, but then I started going back after seeing the owner was nice and knowledgable. I don't have to buy anything from a shop, the internet has Everything - but I did, mods, batteries, even juice, all of which I could find for 40% less or so online, but I Liked the Shop and that was why I gave them my money.

Now the assholes in my new town? They won't get a penny from me.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to work in retail for about 6 years and I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm sure i've also complained just like you did here. After 6 years, i decided I don't like people, so I got out. When you're in retail, you really don't have a choice but to be friendly with every type of person that walks through the door. I understand that can be taxing and that you needed to vent. That's fine with me.

A couple points....

Like others suggested, there may be some social disorder here. My brother has Asperger's, but if you have a conversation with him like the one you had with your customer, it would have made his day. Seriously he would be so happy. Even if it's just a normal guy, if he left with a smile, try to appreciate that.

On the other side, I understand it can be a bother if he's still talking and you're trying to help another customer. Personally, when I used to go to vape shops, if there were a lot of people hanging out in a shop, I would not go in there.

edit: I dont think I helped your situation lol.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If it is a Vapor Lounge then you have invited the hangouts.
Part of having a lounge.

Remove the sofas and chairs perhaps...hmmm what would it be called then?

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The person is lonely or has social difficulties due to something like Aperger's. Maybe he has no one he can speak with about vaping. We all have our own idiosyncrasies. Perhaps you're the only person that day that actually spoke to that person in a conversational manner. It may not mean much to you, but it could mean a lot to him.

Just thinking aloud.
Wow.. what a complaint! :(

People come in all sorts of different flavors, and if you can't get along with them all.. there is an issue. The vape scene is still filled with a few people that just want knowledge, or are wanting opinions. Maybe they do need a friend and are having suicidal thoughts. It is hard to tell, since there is always 2 sides of any situation. Who knows.. the customer might just be someone trying to learn. You never know, the customer might just have enough money to buy whatever it is they want.. If it really annoys you, maybe you should find a job with no customer interaction..

You got it all wrong, It doesn't annoy me, I find it humorous and I entertain every customers questions. However, some questions are more out there than others. Ive been working in the vaping industry for a while now, I love every aspect of my job and the community.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I think Chewie said "it was closer to 13 parsecs"

"Not if you round Down, buddy!"

Totally! I was one of those types at a local shop in my last town - chatting about this and that, but then I started going back after seeing the owner was nice and knowledgable. I don't have to buy anything from a shop, the internet has Everything - but I did, mods, batteries, even juice, all of which I could find for 40% less or so online, but I Liked the Shop and that was why I gave them my money.

Now the assholes in my new town? They won't get a penny from me.

Im with you. There is a vape shop/lounge in my town that I patron because the owner is knowledgable as is his staff and the dude taught me a lot about vaping. They are also not a pretentious lot. I have never lounged in said lounge because most of the people are hipsters and ball bags.

There is another vape shop at the end of my street that I frequent because I support local business and the guy lives in the neighborhood and I do not wish to see him go out of business. He's a bit of a prick, but we know where we stand with each other and he gives me a discount for being local. This shop too is full of hipsters and ball bags but slightly worse because they all pretend to be competition vape clowns, which is more than my patience can tolerate, and the smell of the nail shop next door makes me green around the gills.

I have no obligation whatsoever to spend a penny at either of these places.

To the OP from one business owner to another, just because you have a store doesn't mean you get to dictate the terms. You take the good with the bad. I have customers who I wouldn't push into water if they were on fire and standing next to a river. They pay their bills and help feed my family, so they get the same treatment as anyone else who hires my company.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
You got it all wrong, It doesn't annoy me, I find it humorous and I entertain every customers questions. However, some questions are more out there than others. Ive been working in the vaping industry for a while now, I love every aspect of my job and the community.

I do not see that you love your job here, with your first post being a complaint/rant... but welcome to VU, I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Most of those questions you listed were pretty ordinary... :confused: I just chalked it up to you having an exasperated moment

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

He is just one of many customers like these. If you've seen that video and think its funny, That's where I'm coming from

On a side note... after selling flavors and juices to b&m's and with the fda regs, that no longer happens, as my shops turned retail.
I do not go in to see them, I make my own juice. The juice, not the equipment, is what keeps a shop going..
Customers on the other hand, will come and go, so do employees.

I have seen the video.. but I see this entire thread started with a rant and now you are spending it defending your main post by attempting to back peddle. Either you really love your job and look out for all your customers IE: douse them all with water when on fire and not just some, no matter if they buy or don't, they all should matter. Your main job is to educate, as much as the fda will allow, which isn't much.. but you are the face of vaping, when a new to vaping type customer walks in.. new customers is the blood of the b&ms, high turnover rates needed, not just desired. You are also part of the reason seasoned vapers shop online.

If you think all of what you posted is funny.. let's see where you will be when 10 yrs have passed, regulations are so tight, and the same old same is being sold.. the future does look bright, eh?

Now you know where I am coming from.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Do you have kids? If not, then this'll be good practice for dealing with weird questions.

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most of those questions you listed were pretty ordinary... :confused: I just chalked it up to you having an exasperated moment

right, exasperated moments ge
On a side note... after selling flavors and juices to b&m's and with the fda regs, that no longer happens, as my shops turned retail.
I do not go in to see them, I make my own juice. The juice, not the equipment, is what keeps a shop going..
Customers on the other hand, will come and go, so do employees.

I have seen the video.. but I see this entire thread started with a rant and now you are spending it defending your main post by attempting to back peddle. Either you really love your job and look out for all your customers IE: douse them all with water when on fire and not just some, no matter if they buy or don't, they all should matter. Your main job is to educate, as much as the fda will allow, which isn't much.. but you are the face of vaping, when a new to vaping type customer walks in.. new customers is the blood of the b&ms, high turnover rates needed, not just desired. You are also part of the reason seasoned vapers shop online.

If you think all of what you posted is funny.. let's see where you will be when 10 yrs have passed, regulations are so tight, and the same old same is being sold.. the future does look bright, eh?

Now you know where I am coming from.

the fda flavor ban is over.

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's just now starting and if you think that, you haven't seen anything yet.
You know it all.. good luck here and at your work.

the vaping community has been threaten before and will always be, by people in FDA, local governments and council members who do not understand or are not informed well enough about the vaping world and how much it has helped people. If they understood vaping and how it has helped people, and still don't like it, I respect that. But once they start trying to regulate it or take away the flavors you know the community will fight it. The FDA ban, started or finished, only hurt the juices that are labeled with inciting labels that "attracts young teens" (I get that in certain areas like SF they are taking away the flavors), But the flavor ban only affected the Candy Kings at my location.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
the vaping community has been threaten before and will always be, by people in FDA, local governments and council members who do not understand or are not informed well enough about the vaping world and how much it has helped people. If they understood vaping and how it has helped people, and still don't like it, I respect that. But once they start trying to regulate it or take away the flavors you know the community will fight it. The FDA ban, started or finished, only hurt the juices that are labeled with inciting labels that "attracts young teens" (I get that in certain areas like SF they are taking away the flavors), But the flavor ban only affected the Candy Kings at my location.

The vape industry will not even fund the fight for their own existence. It seems the industry at large is hoping the customers fight as their champions or the industry at large is just burying their heads in the sand hoping the impending doom moves somewhere else before they get swept up in it. We might fight for our flavors not to save the industry but to DIY and thrive.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is perfectly acceptable to rant, bitch about or make fun of customers after their departure. Just like it is perfectly acceptable to rant, bitch about or make fun of your boss or coworkers when they are not present.

You have to take shit from customers, boss's or coworkers that you don't have to otherwise in your non working life. Making fun of them later makes up for it.

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is perfectly acceptable to rant, bitch about or make fun of customers after their departure. Just like it is perfectly acceptable to rant, bitch about or make fun of your boss or coworkers when they are not present.

You have to take shit from customers, boss's or coworkers that you don't have to otherwise in your non working life. Making fun of them later makes up for it.

you get it :) stay woke

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ANY flavor ban at this time is on a state or local level only.
There is no FDA flavor ban. yet....
The FDA is however starting to crack down on juice packaging/naming that looks like candy and other things appealing to small children.
this is the only FDA actual action against vaping so far. And one that I agree with. Copyright infringement is also an issue. This crackdown has nothing to do with flavors but with labelling and such.

Of course if things to not radically change in the next 2-3 years vaping as we know it will come to a screeching halt in the USA.
Well over 90% of vape stuff currently sold in the USA is technically in violation of the Deeming regs.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Let me break this down for me to get to my point:

the vaping community has been threaten before and will always be, by people in FDA, local governments and council members who do not understand or are not informed well enough about the vaping world and how much it has helped people. If they understood vaping and how it has helped people, and still don't like it, I respect that.

How can you respect a government agency, that has the power to do what they want, and the money resources to do whatever they will? Even the advocates for our beloved vaping know and say just the same thing I am posting here. You really need to educate yourself and yeah, this is a reason to become upset, not a potential customer that sits and chats with you.

But once they start trying to regulate it or take away the flavors you know the community will fight it. The FDA ban, started or finished, only hurt the juices that are labeled with inciting labels that "attracts young teens" (I get that in certain areas like SF they are taking away the flavors), But the flavor ban only affected the Candy Kings at my location.

The regs started in 2009, when O gave vaping to the FDA. Fact.

Yes labels hurt, but people want money will do stupid things, like keep them stocked in stores. Fact.

Yes, there are areas that do have flavor bans, again Fact, but they are from local and state levels.

The flavor bans, and nicotine regulations have not really started. SF chose this for their people, and the people did try, but lost in the end.

You really need more education, and more empathy towards everything. Ranting and back peddling doesn't impress me. Understanding and compassion rules it all. Your post might be a "hi Im new and work for a shop and I can't stand certain personality types.. but.. you are being paid to rep a company and make them money.. that is the end goal, nothing else matters. If you can not get along with some.. it affects everything.. even sales. Customers don't need to hear how person "x" sits at a counter asking questions, only to have the counter help complain afterwards, either.

Just my thoughts..

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The industry doesn't care - they are in it for the quick bucks and out again. <shrug> Simply start a list of all B&M's and online-vendors that do NOT contribute to their own defense.

Frankly, I am becoming convinced that they DO want a pile of legislation - somehow it's going to make them richer,, And, yes: many are just liable to close down and take their lovely income off to the next fly-by-night.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The industry doesn't care - they are in it for the quick bucks and out again. <shrug> Simply start a list of all B&M's and online-vendors that do NOT contribute to their own defense.

Frankly, I am becoming convinced that they DO want a pile of legislation - somehow it's going to make them richer,, And, yes: many are just liable to close down and take their lovely income off to the next fly-by-night.

Pretty much.. move on to the next big deal that will net more $
Then think, all the managers and counter help.. yeps on to the next place that will hire a bearded tatted guy or gal ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ANY flavor ban at this time is on a state or local level only.
There is no FDA flavor ban. yet....
The FDA is however starting to crack down on juice packaging/naming that looks like candy and other things appealing to small children.
this is the only FDA actual action against vaping so far. And one that I agree with. Copyright infringement is also an issue. This crackdown has nothing to do with flavors but with labelling and such.

Of course if things to not radically change in the next 2-3 years vaping as we know it will come to a screeching halt in the USA.
Well over 90% of vape stuff currently sold in the USA is technically in violation of the Deeming regs.

I can see by 2022.. things will be a lot different.. I know something is coming down, and it won't be sunshine and rainbows ;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

@Time !! lol.. I got up and walked out after a manager decided to do this here.. I have no time for people that do that..
Not even funny. It's like someone pretending to be friends to talk behind a back, no.. not acceptable.

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me break this down for me to get to my point:

How can you respect a government agency, that has the power to do what they want, and the money resources to do whatever they will? Even the advocates for our beloved vaping know and say just the same thing I am posting here. You really need to educate yourself and yeah, this is a reason to become upset, not a potential customer that sits and chats with you.

The regs started in 2009, when O gave vaping to the FDA. Fact.

Yes labels hurt, but people want money will do stupid things, like keep them stocked in stores. Fact.

Yes, there are areas that do have flavor bans, again Fact, but they are from local and state levels.

The flavor bans, and nicotine regulations have not really started. SF chose this for their people, and the people did try, but lost in the end.

You really need more education, and more empathy towards everything. Ranting and back peddling doesn't impress me. Understanding and compassion rules it all. Your post might be a "hi Im new and work for a shop and I can't stand certain personality types.. but.. you are being paid to rep a company and make them money.. that is the end goal, nothing else matters. If you can not get along with some.. it affects everything.. even sales. Customers don't need to hear how person "x" sits at a counter asking questions, only to have the counter help complain afterwards, either.

Just my thoughts..

The power of the internet is at my finger tips
but If i need to be educated more, then teach me Jedi Master, I am but a young padawan
fact.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The power of the internet is at my finger tips
but If i need to be educated more, then teach me Jedi Master, I am but a young padawan
fact.

Dig for yourself, we have all had to do that.
Who knows, you might just learn something new that we all do not know.

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Time !! lol.. I got up and walked out after a manager decided to do this here.. I have no time for people that do that..
Not even funny. It's like someone pretending to be friends to talk behind a back, no.. not acceptable.

it is not acceptable, and that is great that you don't put up with that. but the world is big, full of people. People can only get so far playing it safe, being nice and living in the bubble they created for their comfort.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It is acceptable.

If I get paid to not say what I'm thinking to their face, I'll say it when they are gone.

I'm fully aware that when I'm doing business with a person that is being paid to interact with me, they are being nice because it's their job to be nice. They are NOT wanting to be my lifelong friend. They are wanting to do their job. And if I'm a weird fuck, they are going to talk about me after I am gone.

They are only paid to be nice to me while I'm there.

VU Sponsors