Become a Patron!

Annoying Customers

Would you tell the customer to purcahse something or continue to let them bother you at work?

• Buy something or leave

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Please continue bothering me while im working and helping out paying customers

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it is not acceptable, and that is great that you don't put up with that. but the world is big, full of people. People can only get so far playing it safe, being nice and living in the bubble they created for their comfort.

and that is why new vapers are needed, if not, then the industry, as a lot want to call this.. will suffer in the long run.

It is acceptable.

If I get paid to not say what I'm thinking to their face, I'll say it when they are gone.

I'm fully aware that when I'm doing business with a person that is being paid to interact with me, they are being nice because it's their job to be nice. They are NOT wanting to be my lifelong friend. They are wanting to do their job. And if I'm a weird fuck, they are going to talk about me after I am gone.

They are only paid to be nice to me while I'm there.

Pretty much.. but again.. it's just part of doing business. :)

I only worked direct contact with public for the last 5 years before retiring.
However it made me retire at 62 instead of 65.
Humans....

Yeps.. ;) Gota love it or leave it!!

Bboymobird

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Me too ...seen people rant over a lot less on here, we all have bad days even vendors are teople poo

Welcome aboard @Bboymobird

I appreciate it, and everyone else. I wasn't trying to bash on them too much. The customer has their days like everyone else, and I was showing you what one of "those days" looked like. and I added my sense of humor to it, which is I admit dark, dry, and sometimes comes off as me being a dick. Since this is online, people will read the post in their own head with their own voice, and it might not come off as I intended it to.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
on to the next place that will hire a bearded tatted guy or ga
Very limited utility - I do work with one or two that are GOOD at what they do, but note they are not flashing their tats and the more noxious piercings to the customers. This is also akin to "long hair" - yes, it can be attractive - not in my food. (And, no goddamnit, I don't want yer green/purple/orange hair in my food either). Cover the fucking tats and pull the rings from wherever, and pull back and bind the hair - get to fucking work.

Not even funny. It's like someone pretending to be friends to talk behind a back
OK, here I tend to disagree: Customers are paying to be respected and informed and treated like adults and are-of-value. But, like parent/grandparent/children/pet stories: just leave out names and shit - you can either laugh or you need to cry.

Now, here is where I felt the OP is "off" - I've walked in and asked questions - and usually nod and leave, never to return. I already expect the drones and owner to be complete fuckwits. NOW, the OP was getting similar questions, and lounging.. And was upset. Why? Was there inventory to be done? shipments to process? Paying customers to deal with - I was able to do all this years ago, and have contacts that do a LOT more S&R than the OP possibly imagines.. They don't even get to do retail.

Retail? Yer the fucking ambassador - deal. To joke later with coworkers doesn't bug me - but I goddamned well expect to be treated well and respectfully: if they can't, then move along - put out the word. Oh, and yes: I expect my questions to be answered clearly and accurately. If you don't know, then BOTH OF US should look into it - but YOU are the one that wants to make a sale.

I can do my own research here and elsewhere and order online - why do I give a shit about yer B&M? It's not even a Mom&Pop store - do you guys invest in the suite against the FDA/feds?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only worked direct contact with public for the last 5 years before retiring.
However it made me retire at 62 instead of 65.
Humans....

I sobered up in 1980. After a year or so in the sobriety community I decided it was my duty to help others achieve the gifts I had found. I went to work in a halfway house for adolescent addicts and alcoholics. What I discovered was this: I don't really like people very much and I especially don't like drug addicted, alcoholic teenagers who would prefer that any adult would just fuck off and let them do whatever they wanted. This was an important thing for me to learn. I realized at that time that all my vast experience and the miracle of my recovery from addiction meant exactly jack shit to most people. I wasn't nearly as important and as wise as I had imagined myself to be.

And so, I went back to designing, building, and making things; just as I was always meant to do, and I have avoided sales completely. I did offer some occasional customer support work in my engineering career, but not enough to get under my skin. I've never held myself especially unique although I have accomplished a few things. I am retired now, and I am quite content with the way things turned out. I wouldn't want to put up with the American consumer for anything. Good luck OP; I hope you don't have to drag this sort of thing around often.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Working direct contact with retail consumers in the home improvement industry...

Well I got to thinking that killing one every now and again would not be such a bad thing....

Not really, but Humans dropped greatly overall in my opinion.

So many treat 'the help' so poorly because they know the help will get fired if the employee responds appropriately to the customer.
The customer is NOT always right and is often an asshole.

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The industry doesn't care - they are in it for the quick bucks and out again. <shrug> Simply start a list of all B&M's and online-vendors that do NOT contribute to their own defense.

Frankly, I am becoming convinced that they DO want a pile of legislation - somehow it's going to make them richer,, And, yes: many are just liable to close down and take their lovely income off to the next fly-by-night.

If by the industry we also include China, pretty sure companies like Smok have been planning to do just fine without their largest market. People think it's a coincidence that qc suffered and mass proliferation began in earnest around May-August of 2016? Would not be fair to say same about Innokin, and some others, who have invested in advocacy.

As for local shops. The FDA has been a threat for a very long time, but people invested anyway. Maybe they also underestimated online competition, and are hoping for its' elimination.

There are a couple of good shops here, but mostly the scene has become stale. When I ask how much for the Crown 3, and the employees put their head down, what's left to be said. Why would anyone other than a noob pay almost $40 for a sub ohm tank that's been out for 15 months?

The thrill is gone. Very different world than in 2015, mostly not in a good way. Why the rant? We should appreciate the moment, because we will miss it forever when it is gone. We will have vaping in some form, but big business, not grass roots, community and all that.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thrill is gone.
Yep after vaping over 3 years the thrill of getting the latest hardware or flavoring, etc is gone.
Have figured out what I like and that is what I get.
Not a real problem for me as the thrill was for sure gone with smoking and I did it for 40+ years :)
I still enjoy vaping and fooling around with it.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stopped into another B&M today, on the way home from work.. This would be owned by a friend of my boss..

One gal, polite and cheerful - blew her mind with a monster v3, (yeah, ok "old school").. All I saw in all the display cases were Smok products, a few Wismec, and then some unknown brands of ego-like widgets - juice on the wall. That's it.

Spoke for a few minutes, failed to score some pyrex or bubble glass - done. Not going back again.

Oh well, it was cooler and shadier than outside.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I remember ranting about a B&M emoloyee who told me you change batteries in the og Noisy Cricket by removing the phillips screws on the bottom plate lol...so B&M emoloyees/owners get to rant, too - hell everyone gets to rant.

P.S. It is actually somewhat more convenient to remove NC bottom screws, if you have a little screwdriver handy, but it wasn't designed to be used that way

Silver79

Member For 4 Years
The vape industry will not even fund the fight for their own existence. It seems the industry at large is hoping the customers fight as their champions or the industry at large is just burying their heads in the sand hoping the impending doom moves somewhere else before they get swept up in it. We might fight for our flavors not to save the industry but to DIY and thrive.

Real talk right there.....Without going full doom-gloom, our community is facing two massive hurdles.

Firstly, for the most part its still true that people vote in the percentile of their age bracket. Essentially 80% of 80 yr olds vote and 20% of 20yr olds vote. Young people just don't vote proportionately to their elders and this has massive consequences, not just for vaping, obviously.

Secondly, the money we are fighting against in big tobacco. According to the CDC there are somewhere between 30-35 million smokers in the US. If we SERIOUSLY low ball it and say those people only smoke one pack a week, you're talking about somewhere between 210-245 million every seven days (using $7 as a average pack price) in sales just in the states.

VU Sponsors