I don't know the full situation of how this made it to the news but it's sad that people like this feel the need to blast the dangers of ecigs again. I think part of the blame lies on the folks who are in the story, not only for their obvious neglect of common sense with vape safety but for sitting down and doing this interview to get their faces on t.v. News stories don't 'just happen', someone had to contact the local news, agree to an interview etc etc. Apparently the couple fell asleep with the dog out of its cage and the boyfriend's vape pen (according to them though no pen/mod is ever pictured) winds up getting chewed on causing the vape to shoot around the room like a bottle rocket. At best a mech mod, no vape pen that I know of takes 18650's. At least the dog is ok as are the people, just a few scorch marks on their floor and ceiling. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/249404558-story# Naturally the big bad wolf is to blame in terms of vape pens or vape safety. The real safety concern also neglected by this news story is the condition of the batteries shown in their news footage. It appears these are likely either samsung 25r's or maybe sony vtc's, so decent batteries (unless fakes). Notice the wonderful condition of the wraps around the top and bottom of the batteries while in the charger. Looks like it was just a matter of time before bad things happened. If only that had been covered by the news instead of just chalking it up to 'yet another dangerous vape accident'.