Another Nautilus Thread.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wall of text rant warning. TL ; DR, my stuff isn't working like I believe it should.

I've only been vaping for a month. I did my research as best I was able and purchased a Nautilus Mini and an iStick, based on the thousand good reviews for Aspire's new BVC clearomizer. I made sure it was the real thing, checking against packaging and authenticity codes and all of the signs and portents. Real deal. I vaped it for about a week, mostly 50/50 and 70/30 PG/VG juices. I've tried several different techniques for drawing correctly (not like a cigarette, slow and steady), and I've been good about cleaning it every few tankfuls. I don't try to dry burn the coils or clean them - I just move on to a new coil when I feel like I have to.

I'm not sure why this clearo is recommended for beginners. It is very finicky - not tight enough, too tight, too much airflow, not enough airflow, sometimes spitting or gurgling, sometimes flooding. The only thing I've never experienced as far as negatives is the "dry hit" that people constantly talk about (usually in reference to other clearomizers).

Yes, it produces nice vapor when it's working properly. For me, this is about 20% of the time. The other 80% I spend taking it apart and reassembling it, always trying to find that "just right" tight that won't lead to flooding, gurgling, spitting, leaking and the like.

I wanted to believe in the mythical tale of the awesome power of the BVC in a Nautilus. So I assumed it was just me that was messing the process up - I must not have the keen skill of a watchmaker necessary to keep the Nautilus Mini running smoothly. Or maybe there was something wrong with my particular clearomizer that made it so finicky compared to others'.

On the off chance that it was my clearo, I decided to try the next most recommended clearomizer. The Aspire Nautilus full size, with the new and improved BVC coils. Two days in and I'm having similar problems. I've tried several methods of assembling the tank, coil into the chimney first and the other way around. I've had two full on floods, far worse than the Mini had, with lots of juice pooling at the connector. It's again worked about 20% of the time, and when it works, MAN does it work! Great vapor and flavor. No dry hits or anything even remotely resembling dry hits, no matter the wattage I throw at it (admittedly I don't go above 12 watts though, which in eleaf iStick watts could be 40, who knows).

I'm not over-tightening the base hardware. I'm not under-tightening the upper hardware. I thread the coil in until finger tight and a half turn more. I always prime the coil well. The juice I use is not extremely thick or dark or very high in VG.

Every 20 puffs I have to unscrew the Nautilus (either) and wrap a paper towel around it and shake all of the juice out of the chimney. This is necessary no matter how I assemble the clearomizer, or how I draw on it, or how much airflow I'm drawing with (which I always keep wide open after priming, largest setting). I usually have to, at the same time, swab out the drip tip that I've taken off to allow for shaking, because it is pooled with juice (or condensate, either way it's juice colored).

The best problem is that they have only leaked a time or two, due to trying to find the "just right" tightness.

UncleRj here at Vapingunderground helped me find a clearo that works. I've spent 45$ on the Nautili pair, and 40$ on coils (13 remaining waiting to be threaded to the "just right" mythical tightness). I also purchased two Kanger T2's and a pack of coils for them for 9$ total.

The Kanger T2's do not flood, gurgle, or spit. When I fill them up and screw on the tip, nothing leaks. They produce good vapor and no dry hits. They have a higher capacity than the Mini Nautilus, but are somehow more compact. Why do these 3$ plastic clearomizers work so much better and more consistently than the stainless steel and pyrex titans of vaping? (Note that I'm not speaking about advanced vaping, rebuilding or the like).

I will keep trying to force these Nautilus clearomizers to work the way so many say they do, because I feel like I need to get my money's worth out of them. The cigalike I started on seems to be in the running for "as good as the Nautilus" right now, and at about the same kind of expense.

I still feel as if I must be doing something wrong, but that feeling is fading. I'm not an idiot, and I've read a novel's worth of techniques on getting these to work properly. I've watched an entire hour-length TV series (22 episodes!) worth of how-to videos. Is it me? Maybe. But there comes a point where I have to wonder if it isn't.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aspire Mini's
I been using them for months and no problems...I can only advise based off my experiences
I am sure it's obvious so no pun intended

Filling tank, don't get juice down the chimney, new coil, put a few drops down into the coil before you screw back in. with the largest air hole open cover the hole with your finger and flip the tank, release your finger and you should see air bubble trickle up...pressure is good to go, take few puffs and I vape with 2nd biggest hole set...it's tighter draw but keeps juices going and I do around 14.5 watts

I really really don't have any problems with them ever, i use the default glass tanks and the stainless steel tanks. My coils are good for maybe 2 weeks, I use new coil every time I switch flavors, I use max vg on most juices

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Check. All steps followed for at least three weeks now. Same results. I do appreciate the advice, but I've been following the same or similar advice since I started.

I also don't have an issue with coils going bad quickly. Unless coils going bad is the issue, which I can't believe because that'd be within a day and I vape maybe 4ml a day.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where your purchase your tanks and coils from? issues like this I have read about was because they were not real deal Aspire

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As said in the above wall of text, tested for authenticity. Coils are either those that came with, or purchased from Vapingme.com. A reputable dealer. I have checked the packaging for telltale signs of a fake, and all codes show up as valid. I've examined the coils and they look like real coils, not the fakes that I have seen examples of.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So strange, when you take it apart after it's starts acting up if you unscrew the coil can you see all the way down the hole?
When you screw your tank into iStick does it screw all the way down? Are you using a beauty ring or any attachments/adapters?

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When I use it on my iStick, I use a 510 to Ego/510 adapter to spare the poor quality threads of the iStick's 510. When I use my MVP2 I don't use an adapter, but I do use the MVP2's included beauty ring. I do not overtighten the clearomizer's 510 connection. I never have a problem with it not firing properly on either the iStick or the MVP2. There is always a little tiny bit of space between the clearomizer and the beauty ring if I am using one.

I've reexamined the coils I've used. Yes I can see all the way down, on all five coils I've used, and down the chimney, if that's what you mean.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried vaping on the second biggest hole with a lot of air for a good amount of time? It's strange problem for sure...now the Kanger tanks, I use to have those type of problems and stopped using them :(

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I rarely vape on the second biggest. I have (since starting some weeks ago) been advised countless times to vape on the biggest airhole, and so that's what I've been using. I will attempt to use the second biggest instead for a while, but all other advice points to the biggest hole giving the least amount of problems.

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well in theory smaller hole it's going to pull in more juice and for bigger hole you would think it would solve your issues. For me, I prefer slightly tighter draw. I go for flavor and decent throat hit, I could careless about how much clouds I produce. I go vg because I had some bad reactions to pg juices

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I prefer flavor and throat hit as well, don't care about clouds at all. But it seems like using a smaller airhole that would suit the way I want to vape would only pull in more juice, aggravating my flooding, spitting and gurgling problems (again, on both mini nautilus and full size).

Cruel-Phate

Just Thomas
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
try second biggest hole at around 13.5 watts
Don't you love when you think it should be pretty straight forward and have dumb problems to aggravate you :(
Let me know if few says..I would be interested if your problem ever gets resolved

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will try that for a while, and let you know how it goes. I am not optimistic, and I'm also resistant to the idea that I have to vape these Nautilus' at wattage higher than the MVP2 or any Twist battery can output. But we'll see.

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thread the coil in until finger tight and a half turn more.

In my brief experience anything beyond just finger tight does lead to easy flooding. When I use the regular Aspire BDC tanks I do give it that half turn more but on the Nautilus once the coil wants to stop when using my fingers I leave it there right at finger tight. I have noticed that almost any of my tanks go to a flood issue when the tank is changed in it's temperature environment. If the tank has been on a cool room and I bring it into a warm area it floods like right away. If I leave the tank in the top half of my room at night when the heater turns on the tank warms up and when I go to use it it floods. If I leave the tank near the floor where it does not get so warm I do not get this issue!! I also notice that if the tank is at a cool temperature and I hold the MOD(I use a istick most of the time) for an extended time and my grip is close to the tank just the heat from my hand and the heat from firing the coil can get the tank change temperature too quickly and it floods.

Most of the time I am using the air flow all the way open unless I have not used it in a few hours then I will close it down one level for a couple of draws then open it back all the way open.

Lastly if these considerations do not make any noticeable improvement you did say you have tried different inhale methods but were you were not specific above slow and steady. Making sure that too much pressure is not created when you draw on the tank will be a consideration. The term "carbing" when drawing on the tank is to let a little air in from the opposite side of the mouth while you draw so too much pressure is not pulled on the tank. My brother who also vapes says this is how he always draws on a tank and according to him his tanks hardly ever flood. I usually do not do this unless I am lung inhaling a juice that is a bit harder on my bronchial passages so the vaper is a bit less dense.

Good luck on your experiences!!

-=|Brutus

-=|Brutus

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply Brutus.

I'll again try to find that magic tightness by not turning it an extra half turn at finger tight as you say. I think it's ridiculous that it's so fussy honestly - but whatever it takes to make these 30 dollar crappers passably work I'll try.

I rarely vape anywhere but one particular room, so my gear doesn't experience radical temperature changes. But, it is that time of year where the heater will go on and off - but again, if that is making my gear not work properly, that seems absolutely ridiculous. I am going to try storing them upside down and close to the ground so that they aren't affected by temperature changes I guess. The thought of which really makes me boil.

I haven't tried that particular method of draw often, although I did try it once. I found the amount of vapor unsatisfying, particularly when I could be getting good vapor from the 3$ plastic tanks while still drawing in a comfortable and reasonable to me fashion. I'll give that a shot as well, thank you for the suggestion.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Had another flooding though it was less than usual at the 2nd largest airflow hole. Also still "spitting" slightly, little hot bursts on my tongue.

Also, I am hearing a slight whistling noise at that hole. Is that normal? I've been told it's fine, just double checking.

Last edited:

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire Mini's
I been using them for months and no problems...I can only advise based off my experiences
I am sure it's obvious so no pun intended

Filling tank, don't get juice down the chimney, new coil, put a few drops down into the coil before you screw back in. with the largest air hole open cover the hole with your finger and flip the tank, release your finger and you should see air bubble trickle up...pressure is good to go, take few puffs and I vape with 2nd biggest hole set...it's tighter draw but keeps juices going and I do around 14.5 watts

I really really don't have any problems with them ever, i use the default glass tanks and the stainless steel tanks. My coils are good for maybe 2 weeks, I use new coil every time I switch flavors, I use max vg on most juices

No need for that with the BVC's , throw them in some boiling water for a few minutes and let fully dry , good as new . I have some BVC's going on well over 3 weeks . I still get an average of one bad one in each five pack, unfortunately .

These heads definitely need some break in time before performing at their best.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I prefer flavor and throat hit as well, don't care about clouds at all. But it seems like using a smaller airhole that would suit the way I want to vape would only pull in more juice, aggravating my flooding, spitting and gurgling problems (again, on both mini nautilus and full size).

Hope you figure it out because i have never had that happen . Only thing i can think of is defective tanks (hard to believe) or juice has to somehow be getting into the main tube.

spdy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sounds like you have a vacuum problem- a leaky seal. Block the airhole with your finger and take a draw.
If you are getting any air, then one of the seals is either bad or too loose- at the top or bottom of the tank or even
where the coil screws into the base and/or chimney.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Checked the upper hardware seal and it's intact and in place, and the bottom hardware seems to seal very well on both the full size and the mini. Tried the blocked airflow test and can't get any air through either unit (mini empty, full size had juice in it though with that test).

Should I just set aside the coils I have going right now? The Nautilus has one that it came with in it and the mini came from a fresh pack - but I have two more packs, one from a different vendor. I checked again for signs of fakes, but everything seems legit, fine screen in the coil over the wicking material, the right markings on the side, authenticity code, etc.

Both of the coils I'm using have had less than 5ml through them. They don't taste bad in any way. Airflow on them seems good.

I'm trying everything here. I want this to be user error, my fault, and fixable, but none of it is working as of yet. Will post here after some more attempts to keep these running.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The full size Nautilus has been doing well since last night now. It wasn't flooded this morning, and the MVP is telling me I've had 40 toots today so far. Hasn't spit at me or gurgled. Strangely, this is with the second small airflow hole, right where I would prefer my draw to be. Note that the change I made was in the magical tightness of the coil. I did as Brutus suggested last night and ONLY fingertight, not the extra half turn. Going to give it some more time and use to see if that fixed it at least with the brand new big Nautilus. I'll fill up the mini later today and see if I can get similar results if things continue well.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
135 puffs at 11 watts, 1.8ohm stock BVC coil that came with the Nautilus (the preinstalled one I think, although I've threaded it in a few times since). Second airflow (small). No flooding, gurgling, or spitting. Coil is just finger tight when I filled up the tank last night (70/30 pg/vg turkish juice). Since this is the new Nautilus, I'm still wary, but it seems to be working well. I do feel like the next time I fill it or clean it I'll end up with the same problems again though, because I didn't get one of the vast array of fiddly things right when assembling and filling it again. We'll see.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm starting to think my problem isn't the Nautilus or Mini. I think it actually may be the iStick that has been causing the issues. The PWM signal could be causing the spitting and gurgling problems. So far on the new MVP is vaping both like a champ, following the advice in this thread and others. I'll test a little further - but since the iStick can't fire much below 4.1v as it down regulates differently, I'm worried that might be the problem.

Are my suspicions possible?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope you have it figured out. I can't answer your last question as I only use mine on the MVP with few issues. Mine does flood when I come in from the cold but it's easy to just vape through it.

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
only time mine flood is when I transport them through temperature extremes - common this time of year since I use them at work. Then, it takes me about 5 secs to turn it over, fire it and lightly blow. Other than that, no problems at all.....I vape at the largest airhole and get good taste and performance. Just my 2 cents

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It seems like the excessive eLeaf voltage minimum may be the issue - still disappointing if it is, even though the iStick is super cheap for what it is capable of. Both Nautilus on the MVP2 for hours today and not a single issue at 11 watts. I'll try on the iStick at the lowest setting to see what happens.

Either way I'm glad I have a second device, as before I never had anything to compare it to.

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Having you tried vaping while jumping up and down on one leg while rubbing your belly counterclockwise 3 times then clockwise 4 times?

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Having you tried vaping while jumping up and down on one leg while rubbing your belly counterclockwise 3 times then clockwise 4 times?

This technique seems to work better than any other I've tried. Will spread the word.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have had lots of issues with nautilus also. Been chatting w/ others. Seems a lot of bad nautilus coils out there. Bdc bvc. 1.6/1.8 ohm. Doesn't matter. I've even used different venders. If the coil is good I have no problems! Problem is I get more bad ones than good. Even people complaining to aspire.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They need to get these coils going better so if you buy 5 they all should work, we're is QC we pay more for these coils and would expect them to work that's not asking to much.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't gotten a bad one yet. Sounds like I've been lucky so far. But I plan to try my hand at rebuilding the BVC coils.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got my first naut mini yesterday and it's been vaping flawlessly through 2 tank fulls so far. I mean I got a leak or maybe 2 but all I had to do was shake the little bit of e juice out of the chimney and it went back to vaping amazing.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm starting to think my problem isn't the Nautilus or Mini. I think it actually may be the iStick that has been causing the issues. The PWM signal could be causing the spitting and gurgling problems. So far on the new MVP is vaping both like a champ, following the advice in this thread and others. I'll test a little further - but since the iStick can't fire much below 4.1v as it down regulates differently, I'm worried that might be the problem.

Are my suspicions possible?

I would bet your right on the money with that conclusion, that is what most complain about with the Istick. .

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems like the excessive eLeaf voltage minimum may be the issue - still disappointing if it is, even though the iStick is super cheap for what it is capable of. Both Nautilus on the MVP2 for hours today and not a single issue at 11 watts. I'll try on the iStick at the lowest setting to see what happens.

Either way I'm glad I have a second device, as before I never had anything to compare it to.
Don't think it's the istick...I popped in a new bvc coil and primed put on istick tasted like burnt leaves. After messing w it for an hour popped in another coil & put on istick and is great! I know it can be frustrating.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well if your MVP provides a great vape on the same coil your Istick is providing a terrible vape on then obviously it's got to be the Istick and not the coil.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's been a couple days, and here's a progress report.

I've been using Brutus' suggested tightness, 1.6ohm coils on the MVP2 at 11watts.

No spitting, gurgling, flooding whatsoever. NO problems. None. Vaping so great that I can now finally believe that these Nautilus clearomizers are worth keeping around. Two days of use is the best I've gotten out of the mini since I bought it a month ago.

I don't know if it is the new coils or the switch from the iStick to the MVP though. I will test that this week by going back and forth between the two and comparing results. I've had a busy few days but I've had satisfying vape all the way through.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I've been using Brutus' suggested tightness, 1.6ohm coils on the MVP2 at 11watts.

No spitting, gurgling, flooding whatsoever. NO problems. None. Vaping so great that I can now finally believe that these Nautilus clearomizers are worth keeping around. Two days of use is the best I've gotten out of the mini since I bought it a month ago.

I don't know if it is the new coils or the switch from the iStick to the MVP though. I will test that this week by going back and forth between the two and comparing results. I've had a busy few days but I've had satisfying vape all the way through.

A good BVC head should last a long time , no way you should need to replace that for quite a while . I think they start really performing after a good break in period.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Hey man good to hear your getting some of your problems solved! We have the same set up now I love it. Just to let ya know, if you switch to volts and work your way up to 5V,I think that's the best vape you can get with this set up. I know with a 1.8ohm coil at 5V you should be getting almost 14 watts, which is what a lot of people clam to be their " sweet spot" with this tank.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was under the impression that the MVP2 was unable to output to anything higher than 11 watts. Other threads suggest that even at voltage set at 5v, the MVP2 will still "cutoff" at 11 watts. I dont' know what I'm talking about when it comes to that specifically, just stating what I've read or seen elsewhere. But I'll give it a try, can't hurt :)

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was under the impression that the MVP2 was unable to output to anything higher than 11 watts. Other threads suggest that even at voltage set at 5v, the MVP2 will still "cutoff" at 11 watts. I dont' know what I'm talking about when it comes to that specifically, just stating what I've read or seen elsewhere. But I'll give it a try, can't hurt :)
I'm not sure either to be honest, but going from the ohm calculator I used, 5V at 1.8ohm would give 13.75W. There is a processing chip in the MVP though if I'm not mistaken, so you might be correct when you say that it wont fire over 11W.

Either way with the MVP and BVC coils you just wanna warm it up for a couple puffs then max er out for the best vapour in my opinion(flavour and volume).

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep, I always prime really well and when using the MVP2 I puff-puff-draw. Just perfect, really.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Check. All steps followed for at least three weeks now. Same results. I do appreciate the advice, but I've been following the same or similar advice since I started.

I also don't have an issue with coils going bad quickly. Unless coils going bad is the issue, which I can't believe because that'd be within a day and I vape maybe 4ml a day.
Are you keeping your tank at least 2/3rds full? Dropping below 1/2 tank can cause gurgling due to change in pressure.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure either to be honest, but going from the ohm calculator I used, 5V at 1.8ohm would give 13.75W. There is a processing chip in the MVP though if I'm not mistaken, so you might be correct when you say that it wont fire over 11W.

Either way with the MVP and BVC coils you just wanna warm it up for a couple puffs then max er out for the best vapour in my opinion(flavour and volume).
11W is max for MVP2. And weirdly enough, when I was having problems with my BVC coils crapping out on me, Aspire blamed me for not using the correct battery. They said I should be using an ego-t batt! BS! I've seen Grimmgreen run a Nautilus mini at 20 W. Go figure

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
11W is max for MVP2. And weirdly enough, when I was having problems with my BVC coils crapping out on me, Aspire blamed me for not using the correct battery. They said I should be using an ego-t batt! BS! I've seen Grimmgreen run a Nautilus mini at 20 W. Go figure
That's honestly terrible advice coming from the people who make the damn things. I hear of a lot more problems occurring because people are not using them at high enough wattages. Stick it on a twist batt that's locked on 3.7V and that would ruin it faster then going "too high" I bet. I'm pretty sure 4.2 is around the minimum you would want to run the BVC at, but that's only coming from my own experience and from what I've heard.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
muth - Yes, always keeping my tanks as topped off as I can. I understand the general rule of keeping more than 1/3 full, which isn't always an option, but when I was experiencing problems it was with full or near full tanks.

My issue has cleared up though, miraculously. Still unsure of why, as I changed a few things, so it is difficult to isolate which change fixed my issues. It could have just been bad heads still.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I used the mvp For many months now the istick a month or so... Since it came out

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still miffed at Aspire. I wish all of you could see the emails they sent me. None of them helpful and all of them placing blame on their customers. I get the feeling that they think they are the one and only, most flawless tank makers in the vaping universe - too big for their britches. I sent them a Rip Trippers vid on how to rebuild the Aspire coils because too many of them are faulty with crossed leads. Never heard from them again. HA!

VU Sponsors