Become a Patron!

Another one bites the dust.

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So this is my 4th mod that has died under my early vaping experience. This is what I'm using. H-PRIV 220W MOD, I JOY Limitless XL tank.

I was trying to change my tank but it wouldn't budge at all. So I just fill it up and place the batteries in and fire her up.

After attempting to turn it on once. I went ahead and remove the batteries. Sure enough they were burning hot. A bit of smoke came out. And it smell like an electric burn.

Looks like the battery cover piece crack.
I'm tired of having to drop nearly about $500.00 dollars in mods, and leaking tanks. Especially since I pretty much started last December.

So now I'm leaning towards going back yo cigarettes. One of the main reasons I went to vape was for the Removed-not allowed here. It helps with my ptsd, the issue with that is I think anything that can explode around me it will. So for the longest it took me long to vape cause of all the stories I've heard about mods exploding.

Now that at least 3 of the mods I had have some sort of electronic or connection problem. In which turned I expect it to blow up. And my ptsd kicks in and I just walk away from it.

Attachments

• 20170222_145327.jpg
    20170222_145327.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170222_145441.jpg
    20170222_145441.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170222_145722.jpg
    20170222_145722.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry to hear that bro....
Going back to smoking the stinkies is a very bad idea.... this is normal, we all had the same experience... you want to buy everything cuz it's cheap and nice then this happens to you.... I get it...

I suggest vist the REGULATED MODS AREA and start reading there take your time and don't rush there's a lot of info there... you might find the mod that wouldn't blow up in Yo face...
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I guess I could still look around for one. Was thinking of getting one of them with 3 batteries and that mammoth tank. I do enjoy making big ass clouds in my girlfriends face. Or using it to keep one of my gf dogs in the back yard cause she scare of the clouds.

And I do like walking around the neighborhood at night surrounding myself in clouds. Especially when there's hardly wind and a bit misty.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So this is my 4th mod that has died under my early vaping experience. This is what I'm using. H-PRIV 220W MOD, I JOY Limitless XL tank.

I was trying to change my tank but it wouldn't budge at all. So I just fill it up and place the batteries in and fire her up.

After attempting to turn it on once. I went ahead and remove the batteries. Sure enough they were burning hot. A bit of smoke came out. And it smell like an electric burn.

I'm tired of having to drop nearly about $500.00 dollars in mods, and leaking tanks. Especially since I pretty much started last December.

So now I'm leaning towards going back yo cigarettes. One of the main reasons I went to vape was for the CBD. It helps with my ptsd, the issue with that is I think anything that can explode around me it will. So for the longest it took me long to vape cause of all the stories I've heard about mods exploding.

Now that at least 3 of the mods I had have some sort of electronic or connection problem. In which turned I expect it to blow up. And my ptsd kicks in and I just walk away from it.
what other mods do u have?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Like EJ said, we've all been there and it sucks
I'm sorry to hear about your luck with them.

One thing I did early on, because of similar experience, was buy a regulated mod with a good warranty, reputation and customer service.

I spent a little more on that one, but now, 4 years later it still works. I don't use that one often, but I know that no matter what it'll still work. The same concept goes for mechmods.
With electronics, especially it's not a bad idea to go with something you know you can depend on.

Right now, if you want tough and dependable with a lifetime warranty and quick service turnaround. The hexohm is the best thing out there IMHO. Mine has fallen from a second floor balcony onto a concrete parking lot and fired right up.
www.cravingvapor.com
makes and sells them. Mine went in for a new battery sled last year and I had it back in my hands in a week.
They don't have a screen, or TC but they do have an unbelievable power delivery and awesome customer service.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, if those are authentic batteries (appears to be, can't tell without looking @ the topcap also) then it "shouldn't" be a battery issue. And the crack in the battery door --- have you dropped the mod or possibly other forms of "abuse" --- (some have been thrown through walls, doors, car windows, etc). :)

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, if those are authentic batteries (appears to be, can't tell without looking @ the topcap also) then it "shouldn't" be a battery issue. And the crack in the battery door --- have you dropped the mod or possibly other forms of "abuse" --- (some have been thrown through walls, doors, car windows, etc). :)
Nothing too crazy just regular wear and tear of just handling and transportation. I just got that thing like early this month as well.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nothing too crazy just regular wear and tear of just handling and transportation. I just got that thing like early this month as well.
What has happened to the other MODs to make them be broken? Same thing as the H-PRIV (battery door break) or something completely different?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was trying to change my tank but it wouldn't budge at all
So, this has happened to me once or twice. This is usually caused from juice sitting between the tank and the MOD and "sticking". Put the setup in the freezer (without batteries) for a few minutes and then the tank should come off without to much effort.

Another option, if you have a small allen wrench, you can place it into the airflow control (AFC) and get the tank to come loose by using the allen wrench as leverage to get it to twist off.

(see pictures)
IMG_20170222_165434203 (Large).jpg IMG_20170222_165448936 (Large).jpg

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

This the top and bottom of said batteries.

Attachments

• 20170222_155230.jpg
    20170222_155230.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170222_155212.jpg
    20170222_155212.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 8

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So, this has happened to me once or twice. This is usually caused from juice sitting between the tank and the MOD and "sticking". Put the setup in the freezer (without batteries) for a few minutes and then the tank should come off without to much effort.
I will definitely keep that in mind for next time. But that won't mess with the circuits and shit.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
But that won't mess with the circuits and shit.
Nope -- Your not freezing it, just getting the juice cold. Cold doesn't hurt circuitry. Water does, but only while it is powered. You can actually wash electronics as long as they don't have power going through them.

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What has happened to the other MODs to make them be broken? Same thing as the H-PRIV (battery door break) or something completely different?

Well my first one was the alien kit one. The connector on the mod was push too far in. It work well for the first two days then it started to spark on me and a horrible burn to fill the air. So yeah there was no way to fix it.

One of my ijoy was my fault cause I ended up rinsing it under the sink .

The second I JOY had some kind of arc burn from one of the batteries connecter.

Attachments

• 20170202_185414.jpg
    20170202_185414.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 7

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nope -- Your not freezing it, just getting the juice cold. Cold doesn't hurt circuitry. Water does, but only while it is powered. You can actually wash electronics as long as they don't have power going through them.

True. I just like knowing every detail that I can get. I'm kinda anal like that lol.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The second I JOY had some kind of arc burn from one of the batteries connecter.
Same batteries as you pictured? How long have you had the batteries?

Based on the pictures, Samsung batteries (authentic) are a three post topcap. Your pictures appear to be a three post.
https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-...-fake-18650-battery-featuring-the-samsung-25r

However, all your MODs have had battery related "issues" --- I would replace the batteries and I would NOT be charging the batteries in your MOD (if you are). Always charge the batteries with an external battery charger like the XStar or a Nitecore charger.

https://liionwholesale.com/collections/chargers/

As for a battery recommendation --- IMO, the Samsung 30Q is one of the best batteries for regulated mods. I prefer them because of the tested CDR rating (20A) and the run time (3000mAh)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

So now I'm leaning towards going back yo cigarettes. One of the main reasons I went to vape was for the Removed-not allowed here. It helps with my ptsd, the issue with that is I think anything that can explode around me it will. So for the longest it took me long to vape cause of all the stories I've heard about mods exploding.

Sorry to hear that man. I hope you don't go back and choose to stick around here. we'll help you get going for sure on something you like and works well.
Your mod and tank are just fine, but what did concern me are your batteries. I'm suprised nobody pointed this out, but the wrappings look damaged on them
CRCDeiz.jpg

that could have caused the issue because outside of that you should have been fine
The 25R is a great battery. the EXO XL tank coils are best under 120 watts so you had plenty of room to be safe with your batteries and the Hpriv is a good mod. I'm just curious to how the wrappings got damaged.

did all 3 of your mods break? looks like u said an alien, g-priv, and ijoy RDTA box? all three are really good. Could their be another issue maybe? have you tried new batteries?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry to hear that man. I hope you don't go back and choose to stick around here. we'll help you get going for sure on something you like and works well.
Your mod and tank are just fine, but what did concern me are your batteries. I'm suprised nobody pointed this out, but the wrappings look damaged on them
CRCDeiz.jpg

that could have caused the issue because outside of that you should have been fine
The 25R is a great battery. the EXO XL tank coils are best under 120 watts so you had plenty of room to be safe with your batteries and the Hpriv is a good mod. I'm just curious to how the wrappings got damaged.

did all 3 of your mods break? looks like u said an alien, g-priv, and ijoy RDTA box? all three are really good. Could their be another issue maybe? have you tried new batteries?
Good catch --- I didn't notice/catch that. Good bitch slap from @SirRichardRear to PhantomOp

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
CRCDeiz.jpg

I got two set of batteries. And I figure that was just a few scratches from switching them out. And I do have one of them battery chargers that I use.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Good catch --- I didn't notice/catch that. Good bitch slap from @SirRichardRear to PhantomOp
LMAO no bitch slap needed. I was surprised so many people missed that

Also to Op check out the hohm wrecker G2. it's pretty cheap (65 bucks on vaporcube.com with code G2FLASHx1)
has mazing performance in power and temp control mode, will temp control any wire and it's as durable as a tank. plus comes backed with a very good US based warranty

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I got two set of batteries. And I figure that was just a few scratches from switching them out. And I do have one of them battery chargers that I use.
yeah the problem is with the battery wrap damaged like that you can create a short. It cold be your issue. do you have any batteries to try that don't have damaged wraps?

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now just to be on the safe side, cause when I try to fire up the mod it wouldn't come one. Is there a chance that this could of happens if I had accidentally place the batteries upside down/wrong order. Negative with the positive and vice versa.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The outside of the battery is ground and part of the negative ground itself so, even though its damaged and should be fixed I don't see that as causing a short considering its ground...Its generally a damaged wrapper around the positive side of the battery that can be dangerous...But yea, in any case a good wrapper in general is good practice.

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So ya'll telling me that now both set of my batteries are ate the fuck up, cause a little scratch of that plastic shit.
This here my other set of batteries

So go get new batteries. Can anyone one here tell me the best kind that can take a beating. And won't peel so easily then. And does this mean my mod is still good or gone to shit aswell?

Attachments

• 20170222_163911.jpg
    20170222_163911.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 7

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The outside of the battery is ground and part of the negative ground itself so, even though its damaged and should be fixed I don't see that as causing a short considering its ground...Its generally a damaged wrapper around the positive side of the battery that can be dangerous...But yea, in any case a good wrapper in general is good practice.
Yeah all I've ever heard was that as long as the positive side of the wrapped area was undamaged it should be good.

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly I don't see how something that simple can be my reasoning behind all of this. Especially seeing that this has been around for quite some time. Because if that is the case of little scratches can cause a possible explosion. Then why even.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So ya'll telling me that now both set of my batteries are ate the fuck up, cause a little scratch of that plastic shit.
This here my other set of batteries

So go get new batteries. Can anyone one here tell me the best kind that can take a beating. And won't peel so easily then. And does this mean my mod is still good or gone to shit aswell?
You don't need new batteries. you can buy the wraps and rewrap them. I made a quick video showing how. it's super easy and cheap.
But yeah you can't use them with damaged wraps on them.
The ones you have are great. the 25R is a great battery but if you decide to get new ones I'd say the samsung 30Q from liiumn.com liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Honestly I don't see how something that simple can be my reasoning behind all of this. Especially seeing that this has been around for quite some time. Because if that is the case of little scratches can cause a possible explosion. Then why even.
nothing in life is that simple.

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nothing in life is that simple.
True but it's not like it's massive damage.
If anything figure a regulated mod will prevent it from overheating and possibly loosing my face in the process.

In that the tech behind rechargeable batteries some decent wear and tear like so shouldn't keep them from malfunctioning.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do you use an external charger or charge through the mods you have?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How are you getting the dings (in the wraps) in the exact same location on the batteries? I've had all my current batteries for going on 6+ months now and don't have any dings in them, anywhere --- and i'm not super super careful either. They are constantly swapped out from MOD to MOD as I use external chargers and different MODs.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
massive damage
No, it's not massive damage. Yes, you can still technically use them.
Is it safer to re-wrap them, for your safety --- yes
Is it safer to re-wrap them to make sure they don't short out on anything --- yes
"could" it be causing the problem with your continued failure of MODs --- possibly

What caused the "arcing" on the bottom of your battery door ? --- Possibly shorted out battery? Wet battery?
We don't know the facts about what has transpired in your environment.... we are trying to help you figure this out without knowing or having the whole picture in front of us.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
True but it's not like it's massive damage.
If anything figure a regulated mod will prevent it from overheating and possibly loosing my face in the process.

In that the tech behind rechargeable batteries some decent wear and tear like so shouldn't keep them from malfunctioning.
i mean if your break line springs a leak it could cause an accident.

in reality, since you haven't had an explosion the mod probably protected you saying there is a short and refusing to fire. I don't know all the specifics of your issues. but if 3 mods all don't work, and your batteries look like that, my best guess would be the batteries. especially since all 3 mods you have are good mods

EDIT: also how do you keep getting those dings in the same spot?

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, it's not massive damage. Yes, you can still technically use them.
Is it safer to re-wrap them, for your safety --- yes
Is it safer to re-wrap them to make sure they don't short out on anything --- yes
"could" it be causing the problem with your continued failure of MODs --- possibly

What caused the "arcing" on the bottom of your battery door ? --- Possibly shorted out battery? Wet battery?
We don't know the facts about what has transpired in your environment.... we are trying to help you figure this out without knowing or having the whole picture in front of us.
Nothing water or hard fall damage has ever happen to said mod or batteries. Belive me when I say that I follow protocol to the teeth. Especially seeing that one of my fears is that it will blow up in my face. So I do all that I can to ensure it does not happen. My gf made a joke once and I didn't use it a few hrs cause that's all I kept on thinking that it would happen.

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i mean if your break line springs a leak it could cause an accident.

in reality, since you haven't had an explosion the mod probably protected you saying there is a short and refusing to fire. I don't know all the specifics of your issues. but if 3 mods all don't work, and your batteries look like that, my best guess would be the batteries. especially since all 3 mods you have are good mods

EDIT: also how do you keep getting those dings in the same spot?
Yeah just can't belive my luck with it. Figure just get new batteries and a new mod. Just to find something that is even idiot proof lol.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Find out what it is that's damaging the wrapper if at all possible.. On the other hand if there are actual dents in the casing that can be a problem with the battery..If its just exposed metal with no dents I wouldn't worry much about it..Maybe a dab of crazy glue or something to insulate the metal ....That's pretty bad luck to have 3 mods go on you with the same batteries however..I wouldn't give up and go back to smokes for anything...Just saying.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah just can't belive my luck with it. Figure just get new batteries and a new mod. Just to find something that is even idiot proof lol.
just a thought,
how about getting a mod with an internal battery?

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Find out what it is that's damaging the wrapper if at all possible.. On the other hand if there are actual dents in the casing that can be a problem with the battery..If its just exposed metal with no dents I wouldn't worry much about it..Maybe a dab of crazy glue or something to insulate the metal ....That's pretty bad luck to have 3 mods go on you with the same batteries however..I wouldn't give up and go back to smokes for anything...Just saying.
Yeah there is no dent or visible damage. Just a little rip if that on the green wrapping.

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So main question, is it safe to fire it up again. Especially seeing that the battery slot is crack across it?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The most durable and "break" proof at a good price is the Hohm Wrecker G2

http://www.vaporcube.com/best-selle...wrecker-171w-temperature-control-box-mod.html

use coupon code 'G2FLASHx1' at checkout and you can get it for $64.97

View attachment 74925
LMAO such an amazing mod.
i was thinking of something like this.
simple 1 button, protections, built in 5000mah LiPo battery
under 40 bucks.
it's a starer mod on steriods
http://www.gearbest.com/temperature...utm_medium=**********&utm_campaign=**********

VU Sponsors