Become a Patron!

Another one bites the dust.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So main question, is it safe to fire it up again. Especially seeing that the battery slot is crack across it?
most people will say no. realistically speaking a crack in the plastic isn't going to hurt and you can temporarily use electrical tape to cover the damages on your battery wraps.
But since you have 2 other mods why not use one of them?

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's an inside look of it. Don't suppose it helps much, but the burnt smell it still there.

Attachments

• 20170222_172645.jpg
    20170222_172645.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 11

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
by any chance when you took the batteries out of that mod were the batteries warm or hot?...And me personally, I wouldn't ..Where theres smoke there was a short.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now just to be on the safe side, cause when I try to fire up the mod it wouldn't come one. Is there a chance that this could of happens if I had accidentally place the batteries upside down/wrong order. Negative with the positive and vice versa.

Yes, if any of the batteries are installed backwards (positive to negative instead of positive to positive), the mod will not power up. It is protecting itself and you.

Back in the day mods used to self destruct or worse, the battery would ignite when you put a battery in backwards. Just about all of them have reverse polarity protection now... that doesn't mean the mod will work with the batteries installed incorrectly... but you won't be putting on a fireworks show for your neighbors.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im gonna make my final observation and say just get new mod and batteries just to be on the safe side and know that all aspects of possible failure or cause of failure have been covered...I doubt those tiny pieces missing from the wrap was the cause of a short but 3 mods in a short time using the same batteries just doesn't sound normal.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
New mod and batteries would be on my list for sure..The cells were probably damaged in any case from the heat so,yea.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My vote still goes to a mod with built in battery. bypass all these issues and keep it simple

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well yeah my gf agrees for me to get a whole new set again lol. Guess I'll head to a local vape shop and see what they got. Buy I know they are much cheaper online.

I would like to thank all that took the time today to respond. I'm glad the vaping community is a mature and good place to talk.

I always wonder if there is like a club/meet ups that ppl gather and vape. Trade info, builds, anything bout vaping. You know something local.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'll chime this in, you need to inspect your batteries for any damage, doesn't matter if a regulated or unregulated/mech mod. If you consistently see damage on the wraps as you have shown, buy yourself a bunch of battery wraps, rewrap your batteries, then add another wrap over that, makes the battery thicker yes, but double condom will ensure at least a good long while before needing a rain jacket again. Also inspect your mods for burs and sharp edges, find any sand them off to keep them from cutting battery wraps. I remember that photo of those battery terminals with the plating pulled off one contact and those arc points from a few weeks ago.

Hate to yell

"DID YOU NOT ADDRESS THAT ISSUE ALREADY AND THEN COME IN HERE MOANING?!!!!!!!!!!!"

You were already alerted to an issue ahead of time weeks ago, hate to sound like an asshat, but seriously, more goes into battery/mod safety than what I am reading you are doing, "Daily/Weekly/Monthly" inspections are a must with batteries and mods, not just casual glance and "Yah brah, looks good"

Thread I mention about
http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/is-it-still-safe-to-use.303792/

Igorhatesyou

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll chime this in, you need to inspect your batteries for any damage, doesn't matter if a regulated or unregulated/mech mod. If you consistently see damage on the wraps as you have shown, buy yourself a bunch of battery wraps, rewrap your batteries, then add another wrap over that, makes the battery thicker yes, but double condom will ensure at least a good long while before needing a rain jacket again. Also inspect your mods for burs and sharp edges, find any sand them off to keep them from cutting battery wraps. I remember that photo of those battery terminals with the plating pulled off one contact and those arc points from a few weeks ago.

Hate to yell

"DID YOU NOT ADDRESS THAT ISSUE ALREADY AND THEN COME IN HERE MOANING?!!!!!!!!!!!"

You were already alerted to an issue ahead of time weeks ago, hate to sound like an asshat, but seriously, more goes into battery/mod safety than what I am reading you are doing, "Daily/Weekly/Monthly" inspections are a must with batteries and mods, not just casual glance and "Yah brah, looks good"

Thread I mention about
http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/is-it-still-safe-to-use.303792/

Hey ass hat bruh Fucker.
I did too get a new set of batteries. Seeing that if they even had cause any issues with it. I even just got more new batteries just incase.
You need to chill brah. And not to fucking mentioned. I have always said I'm new to this. And picking it up as I go.
But no look at this cool fucker. Fuck off dude.

Any who. I check out on them mods that one dude link to check out. I saw some first hand today. And was really liking it.
Might go online and take an extensive look. Oh and there was this one that I saw and the employee at the store said that it was 3d printed. Really like how it look and feel.

VU Sponsors