Become a Patron!

Another One of these...

EDIT: SMOK TFV12 CLOUD BEAST KING Sub Ohm is the tank I'll be using and I want to start going to a higher Wattage and I'm already at 120W.

So this is my very first post here and I'm happy to be apart of this community and I'm looking to gain knowledge in certain things and I was looking for a place to turn so I came here. I'm looking to upgrade my current Mod. So I currently have a SMOK T Priv 220W with a Aspire Cleito 120. Well I know how a lot of people feel about SMOK that they focus on bringing out new mods instead of quality mods. Which I agree with that statement fully haha. Well my Mod finally just went to Mod Heaven. So now I am looking to Upgrade with some differences. First off I am honestly seeing a lot of buzz about the SMOK TFV12 CLOUD BEAST KING Sub Ohm so I think I'm gonna give that a try for my tank setup. But I hit around 100W-120W's on the Cleito 120 and my batteries go out a lot sooner than I would like because I'm a Chain Vaper. That's why I'm looking to go 3 battery. But I honestly don't know what to go with for a mod. I have had this T Priv mod since the day it came out. But quality is a must for me. Pretty much I'm looking for something that's 3 battery, durable, doesn't get juice on the board, will last, not focused on gimmicks like LEDs and stuff. Would like for the mod to handle 200W's. Also I have 2 wonderful children one of which is 5 who accidentally kicked my Mod of my little night stand in the living room. That's why it needs to be able to take a licking and kind of why it broke. Also the build quality it was starting to get juice on the board. Any suggestions? Also if this is in the wrong place let me know so i can delete it or if a moderator wouldn't mind moving it I would appreciate it. Money and Size aren't really a factor here either. Thanks.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So this is my very first post here and I'm happy to be apart of this community and I'm looking to gain knowledge in certain things and I was looking for a place to turn so I came here. I'm looking to upgrade my current Mod. So I currently have a SMOK T Priv 220W with a Aspire Cleito 120. Well I know how a lot of people feel about SMOK that they focus on bringing out new mods instead of quality mods. Which I agree with that statement fully haha. Well my Mod finally just went to Mod Heaven. So now I am looking to Upgrade with some differences. First off I am honestly seeing a lot of buzz about the TFV12 Prince Tank so I think I'm gonna give that a try for my tank setup. But I hit around 100W-120W's on the Cleito 120 and my batteries go out a lot sooner than I would like because I'm a Chain Vaper. That's why I'm looking to go 3 battery. But I honestly don't know what to go with for a mod. I have had this T Priv mod since the day it came out. But quality is a must for me. Pretty much I'm looking for something that's 3 battery, durable, doesn't get juice on the board, will last, not focused on gimmicks like LEDs and stuff. Would like for the mod to handle 200W's. Also I have 2 wonderful children one of which is 5 who accidentally kicked my Mod of my little night stand in the living room. That's why it needs to be able to take a licking and kind of why it broke. Also the build quality it was starting to get juice on the board. Any suggestions? Also if this is in the wrong place let me know so i can delete it or if a moderator wouldn't mind moving it I would appreciate it. Money and Size aren't really a factor here either. Thanks.

Welcome to VU. You might want to look at the Aegis mod; it's waterproof, SHOCK -PROOF, and dust-proof. I may get one myself, just cuz I'm a klutz who's prone to dropping things. :D I think it's a 100w mod, so plenty of power, and I've heard good things about them. Uses either a 26650 or 18650 battery.

Andria

vandyman

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU. You might want to look at the Aegis mod; it's waterproof, SHOCK -PROOF, and dust-proof. I may get one myself, just cuz I'm a klutz who's prone to dropping things. :D I think it's a 100w mod, so plenty of power, and I've heard good things about them. Uses either a 26650 or 18650 battery.

Andria
I have the 100 watt mod and they are about $45.
Also, you can use a 21700 battery with a special battery cap that you can get for around $6.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Aegis is a single cell 100W device. Sturdy, but not what you're after.

The Aegis Legend is a dual 18650 200W device. Sturdy, but not a 3-cell.

Triple 18650 Devices:

Wismec Reuleaux (DNA200, DNA250, RX200, RX200S, NextGen). These don't have a reputation for durability, but they're all my Stepdot uses and she's rough on mods.

Digiflavor D200. Nope... Don't do it...

Koopor Primus. Rather huge, heavy, and ugly, but I've had no issues with mine. Coincidentally, I'm running the TFV12 CBK on it.

Lost Vape Triade (DNA 200/250/250C). Don't have one, so can't speak to durability.

Ijoy Captain X3. Don't know about durability, but this will win with battery life... 3 x 20700!

COV Tempest. Decent body, might work for you. Can sometimes be found on the cheap.

Modefined Prism. If you can find one, this might be good. I don't have it, but I've been impressed with the dual 18650 Modefined boxes I own.

That's a start. I'm sure there are more I haven't mentioned.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Theserialvapist

Member For 1 Year
FWIW I Loved the primus. It lasted a year, which in my possesion is awesome. Dropped it 8 metres from a VNA once onto a concrete floor. Found the pieces, put them back in and fired up first time like it was nothing, my only real criticism is the finish. I could see where my hands had rubbed away the finish after 4 months. And some say it was ugly, but I personally liked the styling. It looks solid. It Feels solid. And tbh it is solid.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can vouch for the Rx200. Good, inexpensive, durable mod. I've got an original one and a v2 red one and they're still kicking despite daily use and abuse. Some say the 510 connector can be flaky, but I've never had an issue with mine, though I don't swap tanks around multiple times per day as I imagine some might.

Also had a dna200 Reuleaux, but the board crapped out roughly a year into my ownership.

Can't speak to the rx2/3 or rx300 as I've never used either, but recall hearing negative feedback concerning the battery door, among other things.

The Lost Vape Triade is also a similar, yet better looking, 3 cell mod you might consider looking into.

Silver79

Member For 4 Years
For a Triple I'll deff recommend the Think Vape Finder DNA250. Very similar to the Triade in fit and finish. It's built good, takes normal abuse well and the DNA board speaks for itself. Hard to go wrong with the Finder.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you want a dead simple high quality mod with no bullshit, 3 batteries and a good life span. Take a look at the iJoy Zenith. It looks like a mech mod but has a chip to prevent firing on a short, has low battery indication/shut off and a single VV knob (basically all of the things you really want a mod to do, without any extras). Highly recommend this mod.

VU Sponsors