Become a Patron!

Another Veteran Refugee

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, short version another veteran member from another forum. Supposedly just mentioning you work as an employee of a vaping related business though you don't push or schill away for your employer makes you somehow a "Vendor". Though not suspended, tired of the warnings when I post anymore over there. Looked for a new home, and now I am here.

A little about myself. Former smoker of 25 years, last 10 of those tried to quit using everything available on the market, gums and patches to pharmacudicals to hypnotism. Due to my addictive personality, none of it worked. Heard about and started using vaping devices in late 2011, though the devices at the time available were mostly cig-a-likes (Blu, NJoy, basic gas station devices), I was a dual user up until Nov 2012, at home I'd use the vape devices, out and about I was still using the flamable variant. Mid Nov 2012 I walked into my first vapor shop and the story changed all together.

My first official device that helped me get off the flamable coffin nails was a basic Ego T 1100mah Passthru with a CE4 and a bottle of Halo's Tribecca. Still dual used for the next two weeks but given the better quality of nicotine delivery the Ego/CE4 offered my flamable consumption plummeted from a full pack to 1/2 a pack the first 3 days, and gradually tapered down to 1 flamable a day for the last 3 days, until finally at the end of Nov I walked away entirely from the flamables. Since then I've been vaping happily ever since down from 36mg juices as my daily to 12mg (RTAs) to 6mg (sub-ohm RTAs) and 3mg (RDAs) still averaging out as 12mg, slowly creeping toward 9mg average. From Nov 2012 to end of 2013 I dived into gaining as much knowledge as I could about vaping, moving from that Ego up to a basic mod (SVD 1.0 /w Protank 1) into mechanicals and RDAs, and anything I could read on battery safety and into the chemistry of what I was ingesting in the liquids I vaped.

Since 2014 up until now I have worked in a local B&M, it is a fun job most the time, but the best part is helping those trapped in BT's clutched gauntlet of slow death and help them get out of those clutches, as well as explain as much as I know about safety and benefits when asked.

Hope to continue this journey even with the oppresive clouds of the FDA over our heads.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, short version another veteran member from another forum. Supposedly just mentioning you work as an employee of a vaping related business though you don't push or schill away for your employer makes you somehow a "Vendor". Though not suspended, tired of the warnings when I post anymore over there. Looked for a new home, and now I am here.
Welcome aboard! Yeap those warnings are out of control which is why I find myself here, only reason I'm still on ECF these days is to catch up with the few remaining friends I have there or randomly respond to a post that peaks my interests.. R1 really need to retire from there >.> a big problem for me is not being able to link from other sites, it absolutely drives me nuts, a few times I wanted to share a recipe and linked it and the diy eliquid site was blocked..... So tired of the rules, you need to be 18+ to join ecf yet it's a pg13 atmosphere...... rawrg....

anyways welcome to VU I'm sure you'll see some familiar faces :)

rob60

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome, your journey is very similar as mine :vino: (apart from working in a b&m)

VU Sponsors