Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: 3Cvape Savour MTL RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of 3C vape Savour MTL RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Savour MTL RTA is the latest atomizer from somewhat new company 3C vape. I couldn’t find an official website for them, but i did review their conspiracy RDA last year and that was the first i’ve heard of them. Now they are back with a new MTL RTA. It’s codesigned by a small time youtube reviewer vaping v1ck who i never heard of until i received this RTA. It’s a 22mm single coil RTA made for MTL vaping. It’s available in 2 colors. SS which comes with a clear 510 drip tip and frosted acrylic tank or Black which comes with an ultem tank and matching ultem drip tip to give them a unique look. Both also come with a regular clear glass tank as well as the spare.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Unique Stepped Top Cap Design
  • Cool Frosted Style Tank Sections
  • Smoothest and Quietest Airflow System
  • Interchangeable Post System
  • 1mm and 2.5mm Air Opening Post Included
  • Transforms from MTL to DL
  • Dual Post Single Coil Build Deck
  • Easy to Build and Wick
  • Tons of Flavor
  • Reduced and Domed Chamber
  • Central Coil Airflow
  • Threaded Top Fill
  • Large Dual Refill Ports
  • Bottom Dual Side Triple Single Slot Airflow Control
  • Comfy Removable 510 Drip Tip
  • Material: Stainless Steel
  • Dimensions: 53mm (Height)
  • Diameter: 22mm
  • Thread Size: 510 (Gold Plated Pin)
  • E-Juice Capacity: 2ml
  • Fill Type: Top Fill (Threaded)
  • Airflow Type: Bottom Dual Side Triple Slot (Adjustable)
  • Vaping Type: Mouth To Lung or Direct Lung
Included in box:
  • (1) Savour MTL RTA by 3CVape & Vaping V1ck
  • (1) 2.5mm Airflow Post (Pre-Installed)
  • (1) 1mm Airflow Post
  • Spare Parts
Pictures Album:
https://imgur.com/a/USrkQUt

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty impressed. Their last atomizer i reviewed was the conspiracy RDA which was great quality so i expected the same and the savour delivered. All the threading is nice and smooth and it’s built well like you’d expect from a much more expensive atomizer. I got the black not the SS one, but the SS one comes with a frost acrylic tank and matching drip tip. The black comes with an ultem tank and matching drip tip and really looks great. I love the look of the ultem tank. Overall was pretty impressed with the RTA from the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a 2 post one hole per post single coil deck. Nothing new but it’s a proven deck that works well. The popular merlin mini has the same deck as well as the newer efly RTA from coil master. The deck has a 2.5mm bottom air hole but comes with a replaceable post with a 1mm air hole for the tight MTL draw. The holes are nice and big and work well with flat and round wires. They have good quality hex screws (my favorite) that come top down so they won’t bend flat wire leads. Very easy to build on and simple and straightforward. The holes aren’t staggered which would have been nice though but outside of that no complaints there. Very easy for even beginners to build on.

Wicking on this one is also extremely easy. There is 2 good sized holes, just drop your wick ends in them and make sure they are fluffy with room and not too tight but it’s not very finicky at all, it doesn't have to be perfect by any means. It’s a GTA style with raised deck and wcks very well with no floods or leaks

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA only. I ran 4 builds in this. The 2 above, a small fused clapton and a simple round 24G SS, as well as a 26G Ni80 and a 28G SS build. All Builds 2mm-3mm ID. There is plenty of room to build bigger if you wanted but it’s not really what the RTA is made for. I found 2-3mm ID all to work well. For the air, you can get a tight MTL with the smaller 1mm air hole installed and 1 hole open. There are 3 outside holes on each side I used just 1 open for the tight MTL draw. If you use the larger 2.5mm air hole, you can get a loose MTL with 1 hole open up to a restrictive lung hit with the air fully open. Flavorwise it’s a good performer for a MTL RTA for sure. One of the better one’s i’ve had. It’s not more normal vape style, but i ran some 3mg 70/30 in it which didn’t do much for me, so used it mostly with 30mg nic salts at 50/50 VG/PG and ran it at 20 watts or less, a lot of the time in temp control and it’s a good vape for the type of atomizer. Very happy with the performance

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA, you can change the air inside at the coil between the 2.5mm hole and 1mm hole. From the outside there are 3 holes on each side and you can use 1, 2 or all 3 on each side. The AFC is smooth and it’s on a stopper, It’s adjustable easily on the mod as well as off it and has some minor knurling for grip. It’s also a little tight though. It has a standard top fill where you unscrew the top cap to expose the 2 large fill holes that can be filled with any type of bottle or even just pour it in. There is no knurling on the top cap but it’s a 3 staged cap for plenty of grip and nice and large. It’s really smooth threading and easy to get on and off. I’ve used 70/30 and 50/50 juices in it. There is plenty of room for thick juices in use but typically i’d imagine people using thinner juices in it. There is also a good amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with a standard 510 drip tip. Either ultem for the black version or a frosted acrylic for the SS version that matches the tank. You can use your own as well but I like the one it comes with. The black has an ultem tank and the SS a frosted acrylic tank and both also come with a spare standard clear glass. There is the additional post with smaller air hole included and plenty of spare screws and o-rings. All the screws are nice hex grub screws.

The quality on the Savour MTL RTA is excellent. All the threading is really nice and smooth. It’s very easy to take apart. It’s a 22mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out. The 2ml capacity seems small but for a MTL single coil RTA should be fine. It doesn't use a lot of juice at all. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. It has the raised GTA style deck. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well. Branding is nice and simple. You just have “savour MTL RTA” engraved on the top cap but in the same color as the RTA so it doesn't stand out. It’s a classy and simple looking RTA. I did some price hunting as well and vapordna has them in stock in 34.99 in the USA both colors so very good price point.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Standard matching 510 tip
  • good quality post screws (hex head)
  • price point (around 35 USD)
  • large fill holes
  • great threading
  • nice easy to build and wick deck
  • decent 2ml capacity
  • plenty of spare o-rings and post screws
  • matching ultem or frosted acrylic tank depending on color
  • plenty of air options from tight MTL to restrictive lung hit
  • good flavor for a MTL RTA
  • gold plated 510 pin
Cons:
  • lack of color options (only SS and black)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean pretty heavy towards the yes. MTL RTAs aren’t very common these days although in 2018 it seems like there are more coming with the market shift going a bit smaller than recent years, but there still aren’t a ton to choose from, and this is one of the better ones for sure out there. At less than 40 bucks for the great quality and performance this one is well worth the buy for those looking for a MTL RTA. I’ll be adding this to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from 3Cvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors