Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Advken Manta RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Advken Manta RTA. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me from elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Manta RTA is the latest RTA from Advken. They are a company who’s been around for awhile but with little fanfare. Their most popular products were probably the gorge RDA and mad hatter RDA which featured a top gap on a hinge for easy filling. The Manta is a dual coil bottom airflow RTA with a 4.5ml capacity with bubble glass (or 3ml capacity with regular glass) and is available in 5 colors, black, SS, rainbow, blue, and gold.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24MM Staniless Stainless Construction
  • Gold plated Dual-Curved Posts and Midsection Section Deck
  • Top Re-filling System
  • Tri-air-holes Adjustment System
  • 510 Thread and Gold Plated Contact Pin
  • Standard Chubby Glass Tube and a Normal Spare Glass Tube
  • 4.5ml/3ml Capacity Depends on the Tube Choice
  • Come with A Accessary Bag and Screwdriver
  • Standard Gift Box Package
Included in box
  • 1 Manta 24mm RTA
  • 1 Bubble Glass Extension
  • 1 Doctor Coil Screwdriver
  • Spare Parts & O-Rings
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
1-1G22Q54143.jpg

Stock Shot Build Deck:
manta_24mm_rta_by_advken_post_deck_1.jpg

Disassembled:
PMS3A3c.jpg

Build pics:

N0HBiUR.jpg

1y5Lmvk.jpg

MYWJdYS.jpg

Top Fill:
xrHe7T9.jpg

Pics on mod:
xGr1Tew.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA I was pretty impressed with the looks and quality of it. The gold color one just has an awesome finish to it. The the threading and o-rings were really good on it. No sticking o-rings or having to ruin the glass to take apart. The airflow uses 3 seperate holes instead of 1 large one on each side. Nice for people who want to lower the air. It’s a little tight though and can be hard to adjust on mod.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s somewhat velocity style as in the it’s a 2 post 2 holes per post deck but with a lot more metal to it. Each lead gets it’s own hole which is always nice and makes it easy to build one. They use good quality hex screws which is a personal favorite of mine. It also has some extra metal in between the coils with a hole in it. The airflow is bottom air with 2 smallish holes under each coil. The deck makes it very easy to line up your coils over the airflow but doesn’t have a lot of room in it. It’s more suited towards the lower watt smaller builds. I find 3mm to be the max to fit in there and 2.5mm also works great. Overall an easy to build on deck that’s made for smaller builds

Wicking is also a breeze. It’s a GTA style deck really low to the bottom. No JFC and no leaks. It’s pretty forgiving but you do want to use a lot of cotton. Not too much to choke it but enough to fill the entire slot with the ends of your cotton sitting flush on the bottom. You should be able to fit your tweezers in easily between the cotton and the fill holes which are pretty small. I find with a 2.5mm coil you don’t need to thin out your leads at all. With a 3mm coil you’ll want to thin out the leads a little.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil only RTA as intended. I ran 3 fancy coil builds through it in the 5-6 wrap range at 3mm and 2.5mm ID. I also ran 2 simple round builds with 26 gauge nichrome 8-9 wraps 1 at 3mm ID and 1 at 2.5mm ID. Overall i found it to work well with all those builds. It’s pretty versatile and doesn’t need anything fancy for good flavor but i’d stick with either a 3mm ID or 2.5mm ID diameter for the coils. There isn’t much room for large builds it’s best used in the 40-70 watt range. I wouldn’t take it much higher than that. With that said the flavor I get is pretty good. It’s above average for a medium watt RTA. I feel the best build i did for flavor was a 5 wrap fancy coil 2.5mm ID running in TC at 60 watts.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom airflow RTA and the AFC is smooth but a little tight and on a stopper. The bubble glass makes it hard to adjust when it’s on a mod but it’s easy to adjust when off the mod. It has a standard top full where you unscrew the top cap and expose the 2 large fill holes. The top cap has a texture design as well and is easy to grip and unscrew. It’s easy to fill with any bottle type or just pouring juice right in. I’ve used 70/30, 80/20 and “max VG” juices in it with no issues. It comes with a standard 810 drip tip that is ultem and has manta written on it. It’s really nice quality and easy to take apart with minimal parts to it. All the threading is nice and smooth. It is a 24mm diameter RTA so it shouldn’t overhang on most mods. The 4.5ml capacity is pretty good with the bubble glass for a tank that doesn't really drink juice.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks
  • color options
  • standard 810 tip
  • build deck and good quality post screws
  • top fill design is great
  • above average flavor for a mid watt RTA
  • 4.5ml capacity
Cons:
  • Build deck is limited for coil size
  • AFC hard to adjust when on mod
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this will lean a little towards the yes but with the added disclaimer it’s for medium watt vapers only. If you want to vape over 70 watts this isn’t for you. If you like to vape around 40-70 watts and not blow through juice and still get good flavor it’s a very good option. It’s not going to be making any of my top lists, but it’s still a pretty dam good RTA. I’ll be adding it to my list

It can be purchased here https://www.elementvape.com/manta-24mm-rta-by-advken-two-post for 32.95

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank elementvape.com for sending me this for the purpose of this review

Also if you missed my last few reviews you can find them here Click Me

VU Sponsors