Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Ampus Screwless RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes Back here with my review of the Ampus Screwless RDA. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from healthcabin.net

Review Disclaimer

I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Ampus Screwless RDA is a new RDA from a company i never heard of. I even had to go check their site and they list no products at all but claim to be a USA company with a factory in china. If you go to their online store they have a mech mod listed from “shelbi” so not sure if a sister company and this one RDA so i’m going to say it’s a company new to vaping. It comes in 6 colors, copper red, gunmetal, black, rainbow, , SS, and gold.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 1st layer silver plated, 2nd layer gold plated
  • Extremely low resistance, outstanding even heating
  • Screwless building the coil on deck
  • 3.2mm x 2.5mm connection hole on pole
  • Bottom Vortex45 airflow
  • 510 thread
  • adjustable pin
  • material: Stainless Steel
  • Diameter:24.5mm ##Included in box
  • 1 Ampus Screwless RDA
  • 1 spare parts
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
Screwless-RDA-11.jpg

Stock Shot Build Deck and disassembled:
Screwless-RDA-12.jpg

Build Deck:

v9YRVTc.jpg

uMsRTVj.jpg

Build pics:
fKhynjh.jpg

Pics on mod:
lBgHqez.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA i liked the packaging of it. Instead of a box, it comes in a nice felt like bag with a drawstring. Inside the bag you get the RDA, some spare o-rings, and a plastic build “tool” which is really there to help you push down on the spring loaded clamps at the same time with 1 thumb or one at a time without damaging your thumb. The gold color is quite nice on it. Quality is a little iffy but we’ll go over that later. I wasn’t quite impressed, but i was happy to try a spring loaded screwless deck.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s the main draw and the name of this RDA. now it isn’t the first to use a system like this, i believe that belongs to the springer rda from tigertek, but the deck itself here is a 2 post, 1 hole per post , dual coil (no way to close of one side of air) RDA where the posts have no screws. Instead it has a spring mechanism that you push down on the top to expose the holes and slide your leads in then release where the spring locks them into place. They include a plastic tool as well to protect your thumbs when pressing them down and also allow you to press both at the same time with 1 thumb using the tool. But how does it work? Well in short, not very well. Let's start off with this, if you look at my picture of the deck above you can see 1 spring is actually stronger than the other. So using the tool to press both means it really presses down on one more than the other. While i didn’t mind the effort involved i will say i can see some people not liking how hard to press down on these to install coils, but still that’s the least of the issues.

I had to build putting 1 lead in at a time and pushing one down at a time due to the different pressure needed of the springs. Also how many hands can 1 expect to have? If one is busy holding down the posts and 1 is installing 1 coil, guess it means you can't install both at the same time unless you have a 3rd hand, so yeah 1 coil at a time.

Round wire? Please lol it couldn’t hold 2 coils of round wire. I did 26g and 24g and no matter what 1 would have loose leads so it really only fits larger fancy coils. Another thing is working with springy wire you wrapped yourself, again good luck. It’s an exercise in frustration as well. The only coils that can really be installed without being a 100 percent pain in the butt (more like an 80% pain in the butt) is premade stiff coils like the ones you see in my pic above. It’s funny because grabbing the stock pics off healthcabins site they have a review video for it from rip where that’s exactly the kind of coils he used. Pre-made stiff ones. Coils size 3mm ID is really the max you can fit but 2.5mm would make it easier to install. Overall I found the build deck to be just plain bad.

Performance
Performance wise, I didn’t get to vape many builds on this because the deck just doesn't work well with them. I only used the one you see above and another one that was also a premade stiff coil but a different one. One build was 3mm ID (shown above) and the other a 2.5mm ID. Now to be fair they are ok coils but not as good as one’s i normally use but the deck didn’t like. And again couldn’t try round wire as the posts didn’t hold it. It did actually kick out some good flavor using the bottom airflow only and closing off the side. No complaints there. Well above average and probably would have been better with better coils.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a bottom and side airflow RDA. the bottom is easy to adjust and on a stopper. The side air is a little harder to adjust but not bad at all. The drip tip itself is very loose and comes off too easy. It’s like it’s supposed to be an 810 tip but they made the hole too big. The included tip is an 810 tip with an oring and works in my other atomizers but no 810 tip i have fits right in the RDA. press fit ones fall out basically. O-ring one’s are loose. There is no sqounk pin included either

Pros:
  • Looks
  • Color Options
  • Above average flavor
Cons:
  • Build deck is bad to build on and limited
  • drip tip hole is a little to big for 810 tips
  • drip tip is loose
  • can’t use single round wire
  • springy coils are insanely hard to install
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one is going to be a hard no. The build deck is just too bad and too annoying to build on is really the main killer con that keeps me from recommending it. Good idea, but bad execution. It won’t be making my list

It can be purchased here https://www.healthcabin.net/ampus-screwless-rda-atomizer-p/15815.html for 38.99

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing
this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank healthcabin.net for sending me these for the purpose of this review

VU Sponsors