Anthony Vapes: Aspire NX100 Mod Text Review and Tech Test

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here
for my honest review of the Aspire NX100 Mod. Disclaimer Wise, this product was sent to me from Aspire, not for the purpose of a review however but because I do blogging on their site, but i figured i might as well review it.

Introduction:
The Aspire NX100 Mod is a single 26650 mod (compatible with single 18650 via adapter) that is capable of 100 watts (75 with an 18650) and comes in 3 colors, Black, Red, and white. It’s a simple box just a small square with no fancy designs or branding. Just a simple basic looking mod. It features the 5 button menu system like the aspire archon, and all the modes from it as well. It’s a good looking mod for someone who enjoys the simple approach.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size: 782245mm
  • Wattage Range: 1W - 100W
  • Temperature Range: 200°F - 600°F / 100°C - 315°C
  • Output Modes: VW, VV, Bypass, TC-Ti, TC-Ni, TC-SS, TCR(M1,M2, M3)
  • Spring Loaded 510 Threads
  • Display: 0.96 inch TFT Color Screen
  • Micro USB port (Charging & Updating)
  • Requires (1) 18650 Battery (Batteries Sold Separately)
  • Magnetic Battery Panel
  • Logo Customization & Child Lock
  • Color Settings
  • 5-Button Navigation
  • Customizable Firing Button Profiles (CFBP)
  • Firmware Upgradable
Included in box:
  • 1 x NX100

• 1 x 18650 Adapter

• 1 x Manuals and warranty info

• 1 USB Cable
Pictures and test results
Stock Shot Colors:
2.png

Screen Info:
FILhS4X.png

Test Chart:
MGhR2kV.png

Spreadsheet:
6JJ7GYf.png

Soft cell cut off: 3.2

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this mod, I liked how they went the simple route. Not everyone likes the fancy looking mods with LEDs and a million colors and such. It’s a rare simple 1 color box with nothing to it. Size wise it’s just a small square, nowhere near as small as a pico but about the size of most dual 18650 mods or a bit smaller then them. I found it to be on the large size of single batt mods but not large overall. The screen is big and easy to read in any light, you can also change the color of the font and the “aspire” on the top (see pic above i changed mine to A vapes) It’s firmware upgradable and aspire is one of the few companies that do a good job in that aspect. Feature wise it does everything the archon can do minus the accelerometer to auto rotate the screen. It has the 5 button menu that i love and is easy to use, VV mode, Bypass, Power mode, 3 TCR settings, Ni, Ti, SS, and 3 watt curve settings.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .11, .15, .2 and .54 for the high resistance test. The mod read resistance stable (locks in resistance not live resistance) and pretty accurate. The wattage testing points were max watts (100) 75, 50, and 25. At .11 ohms the mod maxed out at 97 watts so it was able to do it’s full watt range with a .11 ohm build which is nice. That’s 30 amps which is good for a single battery mod. It’s possible it could push a few more with a .1 ohm build as well. the rest of the testing it was never off by more than 2 watts which is pretty impressive. 50 or less it was never off by more than 1 watt. At the .15 test it maxed out at 96 watts again reaching it’s max wattage pretty much. It was never off by more than 1 watts for the rest of the testing. For the .2 test it maxed out at 98 and was never more than 1 watt for the rest of the tests. For the high resistance test of .54 it maxed out at 106 watts and 7.574 volts. For the rest of the testing it was never of by more than 4 watts. The Volt limit of 7.574 is really good (and confirms a boost circuit on chip) and is better than what a lot of dual battery mods can do. It’s also possible with a higher resistance it could go even higher then that as i maxed out the watt limit still. My max wattage overall was 106 which is a little higher than the rated 100 watts so it does do the promised wattage all the way down to a .11 ohm build and possibly lower. The 7.574 volt limit is a little higher than most dual battery mods So very impressive from a single. The output signal is smooth and consistent. In usage it feels like an accurate and smooth hitting mod. Overall I was impressed with the performance of the chip. It’s accurate, rated correctly, and does a good job. Also a big note is this mod stayed cool to the touch and never even got warm on me. Also the watt curve mode works perfectly and is smooth in it’s transition to lower watts.

Temperature Control
Using SS wire in SS316 mode, the temp control of this mod reminds me a bit of the aspire archon. Meaning I was pretty impressed with it. It handled every build i could throw at it (mind you all builds were under 100 watts needed to ramp up due to the 100 watt limit) and never gave a dry hit or any issues. Ramp up is fast and the mod feels accurate. Best between 420-480 depending how hot you like your vape. One build i used at 400f and felt like it ran a little hot but overall it’s always consistent. Once you have the vape you like dialed in it will work the same every puff. Overall I was very impressed with the temp control performance of this mod. I wouldn’t say surprised as i expected it after testing the archon.

Other Usage Notes
The menu system on this mod is great. Easy to use and switch between modes, I love the 5 button setup and it works very well , much better than most mods 3 or 4 button menus. you can program everything on chip and the mod itself just works. It’s a workhorse mod that looks great and feels great. The quality is a huge step up from the archon. If you remember in my archon review i said it felt light and cheap, well the nx100 doesn’t at all. It feels heavy and well built. Not super heavy but heavy as in quality. The VV mode is a nice addition and useful to some. Bypass i never got the point of personally but it’s there if you want it. The watt curve mode works great as well, but if you use SS wire the temp control is so good it’s not needed. If you use kanthal or premade kanthal wire though the watt curve mode is a welcome addition. The mod will also handle up to 25mm atomizers without overhang.

Overall Impressions
Overall i was pretty impressed with the NX100 Mod It does everything it promises in a simple package. It’s easy to use, is accurate in power mode, does a good temp mode, and the watt curve works great. Plus everything is programmable on chip. The included 18650 adapter is nice as well. Much better then the “rubber hose” ones other mods use. The screen info is big and bright and easy to read without being cluttered. It’s hard to not like this mod unless you find it “too basic” looks wise or aren't into single 26650 mods

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Price Point (40-50 bucks)
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Temp Mode Performance
  • Simple Looks
  • 18650 adapter
  • Menu system
Cons:
  • Could be Smaller for a single Battery Mod
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod? I don’t do hard yes or no but this one leans pretty heavy towards the yes. It’s watt mode performance was excellent for any price range, but the fact it’s such an inexpensive mod makes it that much better. It’s temp control performance is very good as well. It’s a well built mod that’s inexpensive and performs great in both temp and watt mode plus is packed with features, so it’s pretty hard not to say yes to it. My only gripe was it could be smaller being a single battery mod, but by no means is it large. For those looking for a Single battery mod, the NX100 is well worth looking into. I’ll be adding this to my sheet as a watt mode device and also as a mid range temp control device.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has separate tabs for each type of device.

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). This is anthony vapes and i’m just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and ill catch you on the next review.

VU Sponsors