Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Augvape Boreas V2 RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Augvape Boreas V2 RTA. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Augvape Boreas V2 is the much awaited follow up to the original boreas that launched early 2016. Personally I was a big fan of the original boreas, it even made my top 5 RTAs for 2016. The Boreas V2 is a dual coil 24mm RTA with removable build deck like the original. It’s available in 3 colors Silver, Black, and Gold.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm Diameter
  • 5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Shorty Mode - 2mL Capacity w/out Chimney Adapter
  • Superior 304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Two-Post, Dual Terminal Design
  • Side-Secured via Hex Screws
  • 2.5mm Terminal Openings
  • Deckmilled Negative Post
  • PEEK-Insulated Positive Post
  • Corner Wicking Cutouts
  • Dual Bottom Airflow System - Fully Adjustable
  • Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • Knurled Top Cap and Bottom Base
  • 9mm Wide 810 Delrin Doc Drip Tip
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Boreas V2 RTA
  • 1 Chimney Adapter - 5mL
  • 1 Spare Glass Tube - 2mL
  • 1 510 Adapter
  • 1 Hex Key
  • Spare O-Rings & Screw Pack
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
boreas_v2_rta_by_augvape_black_ss_and_gold_.jpg

Stock Shot Build Deck:
18.jpg

Disassembled:
3zN6azO.jpg

Build Pics:

N9hcyB8.jpg

9Gop0Of.jpg

uUT8bxV.jpg

UMgRSPL.jpg

Pics on mods:

rbGL2IG.jpg

iJ88Llq.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA it was pretty interesting. I say this because as mentioned earlier I was a fan of the original boreas based on the name I expected an updated version. I can easily say however this really shouldn’t have been named the boreas. It’s a completely different atomizer but i assume they wanted to capitalize on the name. I also had a couple of friends who were in the beta program for this atomizer as well. It’s really been a long process designing this and getting it to market. Then it came out and i seen the deck and wasn’t impressed so by the time i got this atomizer, there really wasn’t much i Didn’t know about it already. The reason I tell this story is it’s hard to give a “initial impression” of something you already knew so much about going into it.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. Building on i is no different than any velocity style deck. For all intents and purposes it’s a 2 post 2 hole per post deck. So yeah it’s pretty easy to build on. Where it differs is instead of a huge gap between posts there is a large metal block with a very small gap between the posts. The deck uses good quality hex grub screws so happy with that.

Wicking is a breeze. There are little holes for your cotton and you just put it in there. Not much to figure out. I do recommend thinning the leads out for this RTA while the angle cut method isn’t really needed but can be used as well

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA only. I only ran 4 builds in this. It’s a pretty straightforward RTA. 3 different fancy ones (2 at 3mmID 1 at 2.5mm ID) and 1 simple round build (3mm ID) I found it worked good with all the builds. 3mm is the max you can really fit in this RTA. The deck pretty much automatically lines up the coils for you so no need to worry there. I prefer the 3mm ones personally and the position was the top of the coil almost lined up with the top of the deck. I dropped it down a little as well but it didn’t really make any difference. In other words coil position isn’t a huge deal and 2.5-3mm ID coil work good. But overall the flavor was pretty average for a dual coil RTA It has enough air to support high watt builds but realistically you can’t fit really high watt builds in there. It worked good for me in the 40-80 watt range so a mid watt range RTA

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a Side airflow RTA with the air angled up making it almost like a bottom airflow (kind of like the mad dog RDA) and the AFC is smooth but free spins and is easy to adjust. It has. It has a standard top full where you unscrew the top cap and expose the 2 large fill holes. The top cap has some texturing on it as well and is easy to grip and unscrew. It’s easy to fill with any bottle type or just pouring juice right in. I’ve used 70/30, 80/20 and “max VG” juices in it with no issues. It comes with an 810 delrin textured tip, and 510 adapter to use your own 510 tips. I prefer the Delrin 810 personally or using one of my 810 tips. It’s really nice quality and easy to take apart but has a lot of parts to it. All the threading is nice and smooth. It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods. The 5ml capacity is OK but disappointing after the original one had a 7ml capacity. That is with the adapter. Without the adapter i’ve seen the capacity listed as 2 or 2.5ml. I didn’t use it in short mode. There is no JFC either on this RTA unlike the original boreas, however i had no leaking or flooding issues (the original needed to be burped) with the V2 and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks good
  • nice 810 tip and a 510 adapter
  • good quality hex post screws
  • top fill design is great
Cons:
  • build deck is a bit bulky for my taste
  • doesn't live up to the original
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA? This one was a toughie for me. I couldn’t really list many pros or cons because it seems like everything on this atomizer is just average. It’s not bad but it’s not that good either. It’s just decent. So i looked at my current list and i couldn’t find any reason to choose a boreas over what’s already on it so i can't really see a point in adding it. So with that i’m calling it a 50/50 it’s not bad by any means, but not list worthy either. I wouldn’t tell people to avoid, but i’m not going to recommend it either.

It can be purchased here https://www.elementvape.com/boreas-v2-rta-by-augvape for 29.95

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again i want to thank Elementvape.com for sending me these for review.

VU Sponsors