Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Augvape Intake RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Augvape Intake RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links.

Introduction:
The Augvape Intake RTA is the latest RTA from well known vape company Augvape. A once very popular company in the boreas and merlin days a few years back, they kind of slid off the radar for a while but have had a good 2018 so far with the templar RDA which was one of my favorite ones this year. The intake is a top airflow channeled to the bottom single coil RTA designed in collaboration with popular youtuber reviewer mike vapes. The Intake RTA is a single coil top airflow RTA with a standard 2.5ml capacity and included 4.2 ml bubble glass. It’s available in 7 colors, Silver, Black, Gunmetal, and Blue are available now. I couldn’t find the other 3 listed however which are purple, green, and red. I looked around online for pricing and it sells around 25 in china and around 30 in the USA. elementvape has them for 27.95

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Collaboration with Mike Vapes
  • 24mm Diameter
  • 2.5mL/4.2mL Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • Pyrex Bubble Glass
  • Spacious Build Deck
  • Dual Post - Single Terminal Per Post
  • Top Secured via Phillips Screw
  • Single Coil Configuration
  • Large Triple Outlet Airflow Aimed At Coil
  • Dual Top Adjustable Airflow Ring
  • Single Internal Chamber
  • Quarter-Turn Threaded Top Fill System - Dual Fill Ports
  • 18mm Wide 810 Resin Drip Tip
  • Gold-Plated 510 Connection
  • Available in Black, Stainless Steel, Gunmetal, Blue
Included in box:
  • 1 Intake RTA
  • 1 Spare Glass Tube
  • 1 Screwdriver
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Spare Parts Bag
Pictures Album:
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA it came in the new standard augvape packaging of a cardboard tube. I kinda like that for space saving. It’s a nice simple package. Anyway the RTA itself was another top air channeled down one like the zeus, kaees solomon 2 and horus. As of that point the solomon 2 and horus were the best i’ve used so far for this style. I did get the blue sample as well and love the coloring on it, it’s like halfway between a shiny blue and matte blue. It came clean as well no machine oil or anything but i cleaned it anyway. The one thing that stood out is it uses tubes to channel the air right under the coil instead of down the side which is nice and it’s a more restrictive hit then the solomon 2 or horus. Overall I was pretty impressed from the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a pretty simple single coil 2 post build deck. One post on each side so your coils leads need to be wrapped on opposite sides. The post holes are nice and large as they are side cutouts and can fit fancy wires or round wires very easily. The screws are phillips which aren’t my preference however they are good quality screws that are pretty beefy and gave me no issues. They come in top down so won’t twist leads on fancy wires which is nice. Super easy to install build deck similar to like an ammit 25 or wasp nano etc. You can easily cut the excess leads as well after installing your coil. Overall a very simple and easy to build on build deck

Wicking on this one is pretty easy but it should be wicked like the pic in my album with the simple round build. It’s not a very efficient wicker at all so go really thin on the wick leads and super short on them. Just put them so they rest in the little cutout on the side but make sure they don’t go through the hole on the bottom and it’ll wick great. Really need to go thin on the cotton and short to make it work right. If you use too much or put cotton through the holes it’ll vaporlock.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a single coil RTA only. I ran 4 builds in this. 3 fancy builds at 2.5 and 3mm ID and one simple round build at 3mm ID. You can squeeze a 3.5mm ID in there but i wouldn’t go bigger then that. The air tubes will get in the way at that point. I found 3mm to be the best size personally and not to use a huge build but just a big enough build to cover the airflow on the bottom. It’s a lot less air than you think. It’s more on the restrictive lung hit side. It worked reasonably well with the round wire but really shined with a smallish fancy build doesn't need a big build at all. It’s really good in the 30-50 watt range and flavorwise the best top airflow one i’ve had beating out the solomon 2 and horus, although those may be a better option for someone who likes a more airy vape. This however has been the closest flavorwise to a bottom or side airflow RTA i’ve gotten so far. It’s still not as good as the best bottom airflow single coil RTAs but it’s the top one so far for a top airflow and still good flavor overall. Overall I really enjoyed the performance of this RTA

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a top channeled down to bottom airflow RTA with 2 holes one on each side that you can adjust from the outside like many RTAs. The AFC is nice and smooth and on a stopper. There is some minor texture for grip and it’s very easy to adjust on or off a mod. The Juice fill is quarter turn pop off top. I know i’ve seen this before but can’t remember what atomizer it was on. Either way it’s flat out excellent. The top cap has a nice design and is thick enough to easily grip and it twists on and off extremely easy. Love the access for the top fill. It has 2 good size fill holes to use any bottle on without any issues but you can’t just pour from a glass bottle.

There is also a good amount of accessories that come with it, It comes with a standard 810 delrin black drip tip, 810 matching resin drip tip, and a 510 adapter. The tip is pretty comfy but really short. Maybe be too short for some people but i didn’t mind it although i prefer a taller tip. It works with any 810 drip tips though and it’s snug in there but not too tight. Very easy to pop out as well. It comes with a standard 2ml tank and a 4.2 ml bubble glass tank. I love the extra capacity of the bubble glass. Spare set of o-rings and 2 spare post screws (all phillips head) as well and a screwdriver tool. Would have been nice if they threw in a coil or 2 and some cotton but not a big deal.

The quality on the Augvape Intake RTA is excellent. All the threading is really nice and smooth. Very easy to take apart. It’s a 24mm diameter RTA with nothing that bulges out if you don’t use the bubble glass. It’s also one of the shorter RTAs as well. The 2ml capacity is small for a single coil RTA but the 4.2ml with the bubble glass is a good size. There is no JFC and it doesn't need one. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well provided you wick correctly. Branding is nice and simple. Nothing on the outside and just the intake logo on the chamber inside the glass on one side. It’s a classy and simple looking RTA.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • 2 Standard 810 tips and 510 adapter
  • good quality post screws
  • price point (under 30 bucks)
  • good size fill holes
  • great threading
  • nice easy to build and wick deck
  • 4.2ml bubble glass included
  • plenty of spare accessories
  • excellent flavor for a top airflow RTA
  • nice smooth AFC that’s easy to adjust on mod
  • no whistle or loud air on any setting
  • really short and small
  • color options
  • leak protection
Cons:
  • drip tip is a little on the short side for my liking
  • still not as good of flavor as a bottom airflow RTA
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean heavy towards the yes. Flavorwise it’s the best one i’ve had for a top airflow RTA so if you wanted that top air leak protection that doesn't need a massive build this is the one to get for sure. Plenty of colors, great quality, and under 30 bucks. Hard to find much wrong with this at all. I’ll be adding this to my sheet or recommendations which is linked at the bottom.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Augvape

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors