Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Cartel Obelisk RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Cartel Mods Obelsik RDA Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from elementvape.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Obelisk RDA is a new RDA from Cartel, a company most famous for it’s revenant mod. It’s a 24mm RDA with included sqounk pin and a postless deck. It features an angled up side airflow and top airflow options. It’s available in 2 colors black and SS

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm Diameter
  • Deep Juice Well
  • Superior Aluminum Construction
  • Intuitive Four-Post, Single Terminal Design
  • 3mm Terminal Openings
  • Side-Secured via Hex Flathead Screws
  • Single or Double Coil Configurations
  • PEEK Insulators
  • Dual Airflow System
  • Adjustable Top Airflow - Dual 3-Airslots Design
  • Adjustable Bottom Airflow - Dual Cyclops Airslots
  • 810 Fitted Delrin Drip Tip - 11mm
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Squonk-Ready 510 Bottom-Feeding Pin
  • 24K Gold-Plated Copper 510 Connection
Included in box:
  • 1 Obelisk RDA
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Squonk 510 Pin
  • 1 T-Shaped Building Tool
  • Spare Parts & O-Rings
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
obelisk_24mm_rda_by_cartel_mods_black_and_stainless_steel__1.jpg

Stock Shot Build Deck:
obelisk_24mm_rda_by_cartel_mods_body_and_post_1.jpg

Disassembled:
NAIBZm4.jpg

Build Pics:
SojI6mg.jpg

ZciQchT.jpg

4LgXdN1.jpg

wZJRXVW.jpg

Pics on mods:

lJzBDZ4.jpg

pBxGQm1.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA the first thing i thought of was the drop. The build deck itself is pretty much the same. IN other words, love the deck. The air was quite interesting though. It’s technically a side airflow but it is made to angle up at the coils. Almost like that of the reload RTA but higher up. Interesting concept for sure. Let’s see how well it fares though.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s essentially a postless deck nearly identical to that of the Drop RDA. Each lead gets it’s own post hole and they use a good quality flat head grub screw. Works great for big fancy wires as well as regular round. No complaints there and one of my favorite types of decks personally. Not the easiest for new builders as you do need to precut your leads a little but there is some room to spare as it can go through the posts completely and be cut from under.

Wicking is a breeze. It’s an RDA so just drop them to the deck and feel free to use plenty of cotton since you’ll be dripping or sqounking on it.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA only. Sure it can be used as a single if you wanted like all these style. But it’s really made for duals. I only ran 4 builds in this. The 2 above. Once fancy build of smaller coils (about half the wraps) and one simple round. All builds were 3mm or 4mm ID. 2 were bent out towards the airflorw so it was right above. 2 were more centered. I tried all with bottom air only, top air only and both open. Personally i found bottom air only the best. Overall the best i got form it was pretty average flavor. The air is pretty restricted. It looks to have a lot more than it actually does as there is a choke point between the entry and exit of the air. It’s right above where the air holes are but on the inside of the RDA. Because of this, it doesn't really cool the big builds well. I really don’t recommend building as big as my pics above. The smaller builds worked a little better but not by much. Overall not really impressed with it’s performance.

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a side almost bottom airflow RDA with additional top airflow option. It uses a standard 810 drip tip but also includes a 510 adapter. Both a regular 510 pin and sqounk pin are included. The overall quality is great, everything fits nice and snug but not too tight. The o-rings are great as well. No issues there. Top air is a little difficult to adjust but i prefer it closed anyway. The side air is really easy to adjust. I think most would keep the top closed and side fully open personally. It does have a nice deep juice well for overdrip/oversqounk protection. The RDA is simple with no visible branding when on a mod.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • looks good
  • nice 810 tip and a 510 adapter
  • good quality post screws
  • great build deck
Cons:
  • flavor is just ok
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but i’m going to lean a little towards the no. At the end of the day it’s essentially a drop RDA with less flavor and almost twice the price. I can’t see myself every using the RDA again personally. I won’t add it to my list.

It can be purchased here https://www.elementvape.com/obelisk-24mm-rda-by-cartel-mods-four-post for 55.95

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again i want to thank Elementvape.com for sending me these for review.

VU Sponsors