Anthony Vapes: Cthulhu Azathoth review and build/wick tutorial

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Cthulhu Mods Azathoth RDA. Disclaimer Wise this product was sent to me for the purpose of the review directly from Cthulhu

Introduction:
The Cthulhu Mods Azathoth is their latest RDA on the market. It’s a 24mm RDA with side and bottom airflow. Features a 810 goon style ultem short tip but has a 510 adapter. It comes with a BF (sqounk) pin and regular 510 pin as well. Available in 2 colors black and SS

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 24 mm diameter
  • Deep Juice Well
  • Superior 304 Stainless Steel Construction
  • Horizontal Two-Post, Dual Terminal Design, Staggered
  • Dual Adjustable Bottom and Side Airslots
  • Conical Flavor Top Cap
  • 810 ULTEM Wide Drip Tip
  • 510 tip adapter
  • Available in Stainless Steel, Black
  • Sqounk BF pin
Included in box:
  • Azathoth RDA

• Screwdriver

• Spare o-rings

• 510 adapter

• BF (sqounk) Pin
Pictures:
Stock Shot colors and box: pic

Stock Shot built: pic

Chamber/Bottom Air: pic

Chamber/Side Air: pic

Build Deck: pic

Bottom: pic

Build Deck/Built: pic

Build Deck built/wicked: pic

Juice Wells: pic

Chamber/Tip: pin

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA, I’ll say i was impressed with the packaging. The only other atomizer i have from cthulhu is the shuriken RDA and it came in a plastic box. This one comes in a nice fabric covered box that pulls open on the bottom. The inside is lined with felt like material. The RDA itself reminds me a lot of the velocity V3. It has a similar shape and the side airflow that is hidden under the chamber until unscrewed. The bottom air is one large hole instead of the 2 smaller holes on the V3 (kennedy airflow style). The drip tip is the standard 810 “goon style” short ultem tip we see on a lot of atomizers as of late (examples Mad dog RDA, Medusa reborn, etc) The conical shape of the chamber mixed with the bottom airflow made me feel like it’s going to be great for flavor

Build Deck (pics above)
Lets talk about the build deck now. It’s a different style deck then i’ve seen before so props to them for the innovation. Similar to something like the mad dog or twisted messes but staggered off. All the screws come top down so it’s great for larger flat wire types (aliens, fused claptons, etc). Each lead has their own post so no post sharing needed. The staggered deck is great so the bottom lead goes in the low side while the top goes in the high side. Plenty of room for large coils. I used 3 and 3.5mm ID builds but could have easily pushed 4mm or more. Plenty of room for large builds. The juice well is very deep and with the high airflow great for sqounking. You’d have to try hard to over-sqounk enough to make it leak.

Performance
I slapped 5 different builds into this atomizer. All 5 with different fancy coils, some larger then others. I vaped between 60 and 125 watts. Most in temp control except for 1 kanthal build for power mode. Personally I found the side airflow open too much. Great if you want to chase clouds, but for flavor I found it best to use the bottom airflow only fully open. Like most RDAs made today, it’s a medium to high watt RDA. It was great at 60 and it was great at 120. Probably would be the best to run at like 40 or less watts due to the chamber size. It’s not made for small builds or single coil builds. There are better options for that. But as a dual coil medium to high watts RDA it’s one of the best i’ve tried. Much better for flavor then some of the popular ones like the CSMNT and Goon. when chain vaping in watts at over 100+ watts the top of the chamber can get pretty hot. It’s pretty standard for a lot of RDAs but worth mentioning. Using temp control or lower watts it’s a non issue. Also when tightening the screws the post as the tendency to move a bit (see pic above) Not a major deal but again worth mentioning. I wish it would have been better seated in place.

Overall Impressions
Overall I was very impressed with this RDA. I love it in sqounk mode. But it’s great in regular usage as well. It’s in my opinion one of the best RDAs for big dual coil builds as both a sqounker and regular RDA. The flavor is well above average. I’ve seen some other reviews on reddit of it already. Of course i’m always late to the party as i take my sweet time when doing reviews lol Most were pretty lukewarm on. Saying it was average. I was pretty shocked by that as i felt it was way above average. For me, it’ll be one of only a couple atomizers i’ll use on my drone sqounk mod. Probably the one I’ll use the most on it.

Pros:
  • Build Quality above average
  • Conical chamber
  • 810 tip with 510 adapter (ultem low profile 810 included)
  • Staggered build deck
  • Great for flavor with bottom air only
  • Great for clouds with bottom and side air.
  • Sqounk pin included
  • good quality grub screws
Cons:
  • Chamber gets hot when chain vaping 100+ watts

• Not a personal fan of the shorter tips
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this will lean heavily towards the yes. If you like sqounking, if you like medium to large size builds, if you like RDAs with great flavor, If you want to chase clouds this covers everything. It looks like something I would have designed. If you seen my flavor video it ticks all the boxes. Bottom air flow, conical chamber etc. The build deck fixes the cons i have on most. They staggered it which is great. It was a minor complaint i had with like the mad dog and peerless RDAs. I think this one is better then those 2 for building and for flavor. The full top down screws are excellent and are good quality. If you like lower watts and smaller builds and single coils, this isn’t an RDA for you though. I’ll be adding this to my spreadsheet.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it. It has 3 tabs one for juice, one for mods, and 1 for attys. Also a vendor list and battery information as well

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). Stay tuned later this week for more reviews on my channel and here. Tomorrow I’ll be reviewing the Pico 25 kit with full tech results. Wednesday I’ll have the kylin multicolor rta review, Thursday will be the supreme v2 rta review, and Friday will be the boxer 160tc review. No info vidoes on friday the next 2 weeks but after that i’ll resume it :)

As far as the azathoth goes elementvape has them in stock as the cheapest in the US Ive found. And they’ve been helpful to me and my channel sending me products to review. but of course feel free to use vapecrawler.com to price check and find whatever site you like.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors