Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Desire Mad Dog RDA V2 Review: Best RDA of 2018 already?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Desire Mad Dog V2 RDA. Disclaimer: This product was sent to me from heavengifts.com

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. I spend more time with products then most reviewers and try to be thorough, do disassemblies to check for design flaws, do accuracy testing, and stress testing, something that is typically done in maintenance industries to try and “force” a failure or diagnose a potential failure point to give me an idea of a devices longevity. With that said, there is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small % failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Introduction:
The Desire Mad Dog V2 RDA is the updated version to the original Mad Dog RDA that came out about a year ago and features some nice improvements and additions. It’s a 24mm dual coil RDA and they include a sqounk pin as well. It’s available in 6 colors, gold, black, white, red, blue, and purple.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Size: 24mm x 37.5mm
  • Material: Stainless Steel/Aviation Aluminum Alloy
  • Heat Filter: PEI
  • Juice well 8.5MM
Included in box
  • 1x Desire Mad Dog RDA
  • 2x Large silicone o-ring
  • 8x Screws
  • 1x Small silicone o-ring
  • 1x Screwdriver
  • 1x Squonk 510 pin
  • 1x Heat Shield
Pictures:
Stock Shot Colors:
Desire-Mad-Dog-RDA_RDTA-V2_02_fbf5df.jpg

Stock Shot Build Deck:
Desire-Mad-Dog-RDA_RDTA-V2_11_18652c.jpg

Broken Down:
VP0Fj3g.jpg

Build Pics:

3QwKM04.jpg

Ubwm1i3.jpg

Hand Checks/Desk Checks:

dwLD9Nr.jpg

AGEaXBa.jpg

5clxME8.jpg

Y1vPbmU.jpg

pJ5kM4q.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA I was really impressed with it. I reviewed the original mad dog as well as the mad dog RDTA so i know what to expect. Like any V2 my thoughts were to look and see if they fixed the little issues. They also include a sqounk pin this go around which is great. It should be pretty standard on any RDA these days. I’ll go over more later but i can easily say the fixed all the cons i had with the original, without sacrificing the performance. Very impressed from the start.

Build Deck (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a 2 post, 2 hole per post horizontal deck much like the original. However this time around they staggered the holes to make it easier to build on. Something i said they should have done with the original so excellent job on their part. The post holes are huge and they use good quality grub screws. The best part? They come with hex (my personal favorite) but also flathead and phillips head. So no matter your preference there is a full set of screws for you to use. I love that desire does that. They are the only company i’ve seen do so

But how does it work? Well in short, excellent. Huge wires, flat wires, simple round wires, you name it and it’ll fit and install easy with no issues. The only somewhat difficult part for some would be clipping one of the leads with a coil in the way. Outside of that very easy to build on and versatile deck suitable for builds of all kinds.

Wicking is a breeze as well. It features a very deep juice well. They list at 8.5mm so sqounking or dripping shouldn’t be any issue. Just drop your wicks to the deck and you are good to go.

Performance
Performance wise, i used it dual coil only as intended i ran 3 fancy builds and 1 simple round build. All of them pumped out some serious flavor. Way above average. Easily one of the top performers. It uses the same angled up side airlow that’s pretty much bottom ariflow that they first used in the Yuri RDA and then each following one like the mad dog, rabies, and now the rabies V2. sqounking works great and the deep juice well is great for over dripping or over sqounking. No complaints from me here. The airflow is adjustable as well so it’s great for pretty much any build big, medium, or small. The max coil size i’d recommend is 3mm ID

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
Ok lets talk about the rest of the cool things this RDA offers. I’ll mention again the improved deck and the choice of 3 types of post screws. Outside of that it also includes the ultem disc to protect your mod as well like the original. Another cool idea i wish more would follow. The tip is an 810 but they claim it’s made of “teflon material” and designed to reduce spitback and disapparate heat. Well i can say it does a great job at both and very comfy. On top of that the top cap itself has 3 piece construction with a ring separating the top and bottom. While it looks cool it does more than that. Remember how i said the original can get hot? Ok you probably don’t but this one? Nada. chain vape at 100 watts? Doesn’t get hot. It’s amazing how well this dissipates heat.

Pros:
  • Looks
  • Color Options
  • Excellent Flavor
  • Build deck
  • post screws
  • Sqounk pin
  • build quality
  • price point
  • Ultem disc
  • heat dissipation
  • deep juice well
Cons:
  • one lead can be hard to clip for some when building
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one impressed me so much it’s pretty much a yes go buy it. For a sub 30 dollar RDA with all the extras, the build quality, the flavor, sqounk pin etc etc it’s pretty easily becoming one of my favorite RDAs. I had to be super picky for the cons. It’s practically a no brainer. If it was released in 2017 it would be on my best of list and i’m pretty sure it’ll wind up on my best of 2018 list. I’ll be obviously adding it to me sheet.

It can be purchased here https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Desire-Mad-Dog-RDA-RDTA-V2.html for 28.41 all colors in stock except purple which is pre-order. You can also buy the “customized version” for 47.41 which is the same thing but comes with an innokin lift STA.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here googlesheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

VU Sponsors