Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Digiflavor Themis RTA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of Digiflavor Themis RTA. Please see bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Digiflavor Themis RTA is a newer RTA from longtime popular vape manufacturer Digiflavor who is a sister company of Geekvape. It’s very similar to the Geekvape Zeus Dual RTA with its top airflow channeled to the sides of the coils for leak resistance. It’s made for DTL vaping and the deck is made for dual coils but can be used as a single coil RDA as well. It has a standard capacity of 5ml, and features replaceable decks like the aromamizer supreme V2, but they offer a mesh deck as well and a TPD version too. It’s available in 2 colors, SS and black.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
  • Superior Stainless Steel Construction
  • High-Temp Resistant Silica Glass Reinforcement
  • Stylish Metal Sleeve
  • Interchangeable Build Deck
  • Postless, Quad Terminals Design
  • Side-Secured via Flathead Slotted Screws
  • PEEK Insulator
  • Efficient Wicking System
  • Top-to-Bottom Airflow System - Leak-Proof Design
  • Adjustable Dual Exterior Top Airflow
  • Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • 810 Delrin Straight Wide Bore
  • 510 Delrin Straight Wide Bore
  • 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • Adjustable Gold-Plated 510 Contact Pin
Included in box:
  • 1 Themis RTA
  • 1 510 Delrin Straight Wide Bore
  • 1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
  • 1 Allen Key
  • 1 Spare Glass Tube
  • 1 Accessory Bag
  • Instructional Manual
Pictures Album:
https://imgur.com/a/ORhEAlP

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RTA It was as i expected. Kind of a cross between the Geekvape Zeus Dual RTA and the Aromamizer Supreme V2. It features a removable “plug and play” deck and they have an optional mesh deck as well but the airflow is pretty high like the original Zeus RTA. It felt like they pieced together a bunch of RTAs to make this one. There is a metal cage inside and it looks pretty cool but takes away juice capacity. Considering it has a 5ml capacity though it’s not a big deal. It’s a little bigger then the Zeus Dual RTA as well.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a normal postless deck. The airflow blade is a little high like the original Zeus RTA. It’s not very finicky either there isn’t a big difference in flavor based on the height of your coils. It’s not a huge deck either. 3.5mm is the max you can squeeze in there really. I found 3mm to be a good size to use with some room to spare. Since it’s postless it won’t be the easiest for new builders. You do need to precut leads on them, but outside of that it’s your standard postless deck. They use a good quality flat head grub screw and all the spares are flat head as well, I wish they had a set of hex screws personally. The good thing is they come in from the right side so it won’t twist leads on flat wires. Overall I really liked the deck but i’m a fan of postless decks, just remember they can be frustrating if you are new to building. The deck itself is also replaceable as they sell an option mesh deck with a 2 clamp system in the deck similar to the vandy vape mesh RDA. I didn’t get that deck so i can’t judge it.

Wicking on this one is an interesting one though. It’s pretty finicky and doesn't wick very efficiently. There is a juice cup built into the deck with 2 little holes on the bottom of each one much like the supreme V2 and boreas RTAs. The thing is you can't full the cup up with cotton. You want to cut your leads just long enough that they are in the cup but not touching the bottom. Also thin them out really good and make sure they are nice and fluffy.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a dual coil RTA only. I ran 4 builds in this. The 2 above, and one simple round but with 22G kanthal and one simple round with 24G SS316. All Builds 2.5mm-3.5mm ID. I tried to get a 4mm ID in but it was too tight. 3mm works really well and it is an RTA that you’ll want to fill up the deck for sure, but it’s a pretty small deck so it doesn't need a massive build. It’s a good amount of air and DTL for sure but not crazy airy either. I always kept the air wide open, never felt a need to close it down. It’s a pretty straightforward RTA. Overall the flavor was meh for a dual coil RTA. Nothing impressive and not as good as the Zeus Dual Coil RTA either. I wasn't impressed with the vape I got from this RTA at all

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
It’s a top airflow RTA, where it’s channeled down the sides of the coils, and the AFC is smooth and it’s on a stopper, It’s adjustable easily on the mod as well as off it and has some minor knurling for grip. It’s also a little tight. It has a top fill where you do a quarter turn to pop it off and then push down and quarter turn to lock it. There is no knurling on the top cap and it’s really smooth and hard to grip to get off. The needed some knurling or texture on the top cap. The threading is excellent. I’ve used 70/30, 80/20 and “max VG” juices in it. There is plenty of room for thick juices in use, but fill it slowly as it takes a second for the juice to get past the big chamber if it’s thick. In typical Digiflavor fashion, there is a ton of accessories that come with it, It comes with a wide bore 810 delrin drip tip and you can use any of your own. All mine fit well any style. There is also a 510 adapter and a 510 drip tip also black delrin. I would have liked a resin or ultem option included personally.

Like most Digiflavor products, the quality is good, all the threading is really nice and smooth. It’s not easy to take apart however. To take out the glass from the metal frame you’ll need to use some pliers in the juice holes to get a grip and take it apart. It should have been easier. It’s a 25mm diameter at the base so shouldn’t overhang on most mods, however it bulges out to 27mm at the widest point. The 5ml capacity is average for a dual coil RTA. a bubble glass option would have been nice, but they don’t include a spare. There is no JFC. I had no leaking or flooding issues and it handled chain vaping pretty good as well provided you wick it very lightly as i stated above. It doesn't need a JFC though due to the design. Since the deck has a pop in and pop out design, you can rebuild it or requick it without emptying the tank. The deck can be removed with an almost full tank. Branding is nice and simple. You just have “themis” on both sides of the bottom base engraved in and the themis logo built into the metal frame inside the glass.

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Standard 810 Drip tip and 510 tip and 510 adapter
  • good quality post screws (flat head)
  • price point (22.99USD on efun.top)
  • large fill holes
  • great threading
  • leak resistant
  • nice postless deck
  • replaceable decks
  • optional mesh deck available
  • plenty of spare o-rings and post screws and 2 coils included
  • decent 5ml capacity
Cons:
  • lack of color options (only SS and black)
  • top cap is hard to remove. Needs texture or knurling
  • Flavor isn’t very good
  • wicking can be finicky
  • disassembly is harder than it should be
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RTA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, this one is going to lean a little towards the no, if you are looking for a leak resistant dual coil RTA and can build a postless deck just get the Zeus Dual, it’s literally just a better version of the digiflavor themis performance wise and efun also has those for 19.99 and so they are a few dollars cheaper there as well. I won’t be adding this to my sheet.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

it can be purchased here for 22.99USD out of china https://www.efun.top/digiflavor-dual-coil-themis-rta.html

or you can grab the Geekvape Zeus Dual RTA for 19.99USD out of china instead here https://www.efun.top/geekvape-zeus-dual-rta.html

Note: must be logged in to see those prices.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from efun.top

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors