Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Dovpo D-Salt Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Dovpo D-Salt Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Dovpo D-Salt Pod kit is the latest Pod Kit from vape manufacturer Dovpo. I haven’t reviewed a ton of their products, but I did love their M VV mod a few years back, and their topside and topside dual squonk mods were also pretty good so overall solid company form my limited experience as of late. The D-salt is a simple pen style Pod system with refillable pods and a built in 1500mah battery and inhale to fire. It’s available in 5 colors Red, Black, Gunmetal, Rainbow, and Blue. Looking around online it’s priced at around 30 bucks for the kit and around 5 bucks per pod, so pretty standard pricing.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • 1500mAh Integrated Battery
  • 3.0 to 4.2V Output Voltage
  • Micro-USB Charge Port
  • 1A Charging
  • Draw Activated
  • Output Dependent on Battery
  • 26W Max Wattage
  • Integrated Protections
  • LED Light Indicator
  • Compact Stick Design
  • Zinc Alloy Construction
  • 118mm by 22.2mm
  • E-Liquid ViewPort
  • 510 Drip Tip Compatible
Coil Specs
  • 0.5 ohm
  • Single Mesh Coil
  • Silicone Juice Plug
  • Top Fill
Included in box:
  • One D-Salt Device
  • One Refillable Pod
  • One User Manual
  • One Micro USB Charging Cable
Picture Album
album

Battery Rundown
The D-salt is a pen style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are built into it like a caliburn or renova zero. Design wise it’s more similar to a DTL stick kit like a freemax gemm then it is most pod systems so a little larger than most but I like the design personally. There is no adjustable air like most pods so not a big deal but nice when it’s an option. It has a standard capacity of 2ml. The battery is listed at 1500mah and it’s a non-adjustable output device. It features built in USB charging with a 1A listed rate. I tested this 2 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .91A max so good specs on the 1A charge rate listed. It charges full in about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Battery size wise i got 1428-1439 mah so again solid rating with the 1500mah listed. Pretty damn good ratings on dovpo’s part for sure. It does have passthrough vaping as well like most (charges while passthrough no pausing) so u can hit it while it’s charging. Another cool feature on this is that it uses a standard 510 drip tip so you can use one of your own, but i like the matching metal one included personally.

The Dovpo D-Salt is very nicely built, and a little on the heavy side. Paint wise i have the black which is a matte black body with shiny gunmetal metal parts. It’s a very nice and simple looking device, my 1 complaint is the paint. Mine already has a ton of chips in it from just a few weeks of usage. I can’t imagine how bad it would be months from now. They should have done a better job on the paint. The pods are easy to install and remove. The top piece with the 510 drip tip unscrews off and then the pod just comes out. It’s held in place by that top cap which is nicely made and has good threading. The filling is pretty basic. It’s like the rubber plug style where you just pop it out and fill up the pod.

Usage is pretty easy. There are no buttons or settings or anything. Just inhale to fire. The battery LED is a small pinhole LED under the USB port. I wish it was easier to see when vaping though as that’s the only time it’s active to see the charge level. The LED is Green at 3.95V or higher, Blue at 3.65v to 3.95v, and Red 3.65V or lower. Good spacing overall but I do wish there was a 4th step but not a big deal. The pod is thankfully clear and while it’s fully enclosed in the battery there is a nice and big juice window on it that makes the juice level easy to see which is great.

Coil Performance and details
The Dovpo D-salt Pod Kit comes with 1 Pod only sadly. All kits should always include 2 coils/pods. They did send me 2 extra which are sold in 1 packs. There is 1 coil option for this kit which is a .5 ohm ka1 mesh coil. I used all 50/50 and 60/40 nic salt juices 20-25 mg nicotine. With that said, flavorwise they were all great. It’s a tier 1 flavor device for sure with a draw a little more airy then a caliburn but more tight then a nord. It’s a loose MTL draw. Coil life however was a little sub par. I was able to get 14ml from 1 of the coils, however the other 2 only lasted me 6ml. Outside of wanting a coupe extra fills of life out of 2 of the 3 coils they are good though.

Pros:
  • color options (5 total)
  • Standard 4 ml capacity
  • Good build quality on battery
  • good size for easy portability
  • good ratings for battery size
  • good rating for charge rate
  • charges fast enough (1:45mins)
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • easy to fill
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • excellent battery life
  • good flavor from coils
  • clear pods and nice juice window
  • standard 510 drip tip
Cons:
  • 2 out of the 3 coils had subpar coil life
  • led is hard to see when vaping for battery life
  • comes with 1 coil only
  • poor paint job
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and this one I have to put at 50/50. My 2 biggest gripes are 2 out of the 3 coils had subpar life. If all 3 lasted as long as the good one i’d lean a little more towards the yes. The other one is the paint job. It’s pretty bad. Tons of chipping already. It’s not an awful device though I’ve had many of those it’s pretty solid overall but not really worth running out to buy. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below, feel free to check that out if you are in the market for anything.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and I'll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Dovpo

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done over 400 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2019 so far list here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors