Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Eleaf iJust 21700 Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Eleaf iJust 21700 Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Eleaf iJust 21700 kit is the latest Vape Stick kit from eleaf. They have been around a long time and are part of the joyetech family (joyetech, eleaf, wismec) but have seem to fade in popularity as of late. They did make a few good mods in 2018 though with the tessera and the iStick nowos and a really good pod system to start off 2019 with the elven. The iJust 21700 mod is a simple non-adjustable stick but uses external 21700 batteries and comes with 1 included (avatar controls) and has a LED light for battery charge. The included tank is the Ello Duro which is a mid watt DTL tank. It’s available in 5 colors, Black, Purple/Blue, Dazzling (Rainbow), Red, and Silver. Looking around online I see it mostly on pre-order and only out of china in the 30-40 USD range, vapesourcing does have them in stock though for 34.90.

Manufacturer's Specs: Battery
  • Height: 120mm
  • Diameter: 25mm
  • Material: Zinc Alloy
  • Battery: 1* 18650/20700 Battery(not include)
  • Wattage Output Range: 5-80W
  • Battery Efficiency: 95%
  • Voltage Output Range: 0.5-9.0V
  • Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
  • Input Voltage: DC 5V
  • Operation: Single Button
  • Ultra Fast Firing Speed: 0.01s
  • Protections: Overtime, Over-Heat, Overload, Over-Charge, Short Circuit and Battery Virtual High Protection
  • Charging: Micro USB
  • Thread: 510
Manufacturer's Specs Tank:
  • Height: 28mm
  • Diameter: 25mm
  • Capacity: 5.5ml, 4ml (extra glass tube)
  • Material: Stainless steel/ Glass tube
  • Refill: Top-Fill
  • Airflow Control: Dual Slotted Bottom Airflow Control
  • Coils: HW-N2 0.2ohm coil Head
  • HW-M2 0.2ohm coil Head
  • Drip tip: 810 drip tip
  • Thread: 510
Included in box:
  • 1 x iJust 20700 Battery
  • 1 x Avatar Controls 21700 Battery
  • 1 x ELLO Duro Atomizer 5.5ml
  • 1 x HW-N2 0.2ohm coil Head
  • 1 x HW-M2 0.2ohm coil Head
  • 1 x USB Cable
  • 2 x User Manuals
  • 2 x Warning Cards
  • Spare Parts
Coil Options (coils are kanthal unless otherwise stated)
  • HW-M2 .2 ohm mesh - rated for 40-90W (included)
  • HW-N2 .2 ohm mesh - rated for 40-90W (included)
  • Compatible with all previous HW coils and their similar style (see “small coils” section on this sheet here courtesy of u/poc9k
Picture Album
album

iJust 21700 Battery Rundown
The iJust 21700 is a non adjustable simple stick with a fire button and nothing else. There is one LED around the fire button but it’s super dim and really hard to see. It tells you the battery level by the color. Green means 60% or more, orange means 30-59%, blue means 10-29% and red means 9% or less. You can fire to check the battery charge as it’s only active when firing or charging. You can also turn the device on and off with 5 clicks of the fire button. It’s a simple design but i wish they spaced out the battery meter more. There is a big difference between 60% and 100% and also the LED is way too dim, but outside of that no other complaints.

The stick itself is really nice. There is not much of a design it’s just a basic stick and nothing fancy, there are some engraved lines to give it a little design which i like. The coloring is nice as well mine as a shiny silver but it is just a plain silver so not sure what the color ones look like in person. No signs of chipping or wearing though. It can handle a 25 mm atomizer flush which is the size of the base of the included ELLO Duro tank and makes it have an AIO type look to it. It feels well built and is also really light. The USB port is on the back but they don’t list a charge rate.

The only testing I did on this battery is the charge rate. I know i tested some in the past but based on the type of kit it is and what it’s used for I don’t feel it’s 100% necessary. I tested this using an inline USB meter and found the charge rate to be max .94a where it hold pretty steady so it is 1 A charging. It also features passthrough vaping as well. I do recommend charging externally though. The main difference with this stick mod and many others is this one uses an external battery which is cool. Some may prefer it, others may not. The battery door threading is nice and it’s easy to screw on and off. I had no issues fitting in batteries either (it goes positive side up) and you can use a 21700, a 20700, or an 18650 with the included adapter. So running like a samsung 40T battery would give you 4000mah or much better battery life then most internal battery stick kits. The inside also has a coating for protection. They include an avatar controls 21700 battery in the kit which funny story i actually donated a couple to mooch a while back when they 1st popped up to test, and he rated them at 3900mah and 20A. Not a great battery compared to say a samsung 40T but not terrible either all things considered that it’s included in a kit and we don’t have that data for other internal battery sticks and most people vape on 20A batteries anyway (samsung 25R and 30Q, LG HG2, Sony VTC6, etc)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ello Duro performance
Quick rundown on the tank, it’s a 25mm diameter, uses a standard 810 replaceable drip tip which they include a nice acrylic one (that matches the acrylic tank color). There are 2 glass sizes included one of which is an acrylic bubble tank which looks cool and reminds me of a lava lamp in shape and is 5.5ml capacity, The other is a straight 4ml plain glass if you don’t like the acrylic one. The tank itself does bulge out a little form the base a little at the AFC. The Ello Duro uses a slide back fill method where you slide the top back which is clearly marked via an engraved “upside down T” on the top and has a good size fill hole. The airflow is made for DTL vaping and has 3 holes equally spaced apart that are large rectangles. The AFC is smooth and easy to adjust and on a stopper. The coil system is a simple screw into the base system like many tanks. No complaints there. It’s a pretty standard sub ohm tank these days looks, design, and feature wise.

Now to the important part, how does it vape in the kit? It comes with 2 coils, 1 HW-M2 .2 ohm mesh - rated for 40-90W and 1 HW-N2 .2 ohm mesh - rated for 40-90W. Mnd you there are probably over 40 options of coils you can use in this tank which is linked above in the coil options section. I’ll be focusing on the 2 included though. Now mind you i’ve used a ton of coils from almost every company out there over the years and eleaf falls into the “average” bunch. Similar to like vaporesso, smok etc. They aren’t bad as a whole like the joyetech, sigelei, wismec etc but not great like freemax or horizontech or uwell lately. These 2 new coils are also designed very similar to the vaporesso new coils with the “air bullet” in the middle. With that said both coils perform pretty similar which with this is kit is very lackluster. They need more power than this stick can provide. The only time i got a decent vape is with a fully charged samsung 30T battery and it didn’t last very long. I did try it on other mods and it worked it’s best at 70 watts or 65 with a hard preheat and the flavor was just ok in those cases. I did out of curiosity see what a samsung 30T fully charged puts out on this kit and i got 64 watts so it’s almost in line there but that degrades quickly and the number is lower with the included battery since it’s not as good of a battery. So in short these coils don’t work well with this kit and should have been designed better to work with a direct output mod.

Pros:
  • Build Quality of mod and tank
  • Size and Weight for portability
  • Simple Sleek Design
  • Great Battery Life due to external battery options
  • handles a 21700, 20700 or 18650 battery
  • AFC is easy to adjust and smooth
  • Passthrough vaping
  • good 5.5ml capacity (with acrylic bubble tank)
  • includes spare glass tank (4ml)
  • tons of coil options
  • color options (5)
  • 1A fast charging
  • comes with standard 810 tip
  • easy to fill
  • included 21700 battery in kit
Cons:
  • Coil flavor is at best average
  • mod can’t power the included coils correctly
  • Battery Indicator should be better spaced out
  • LED is really dim
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but for this kit i have to lean towards the no. It’s a recurring theme for me sadly with these stick kits where the included coils aren’t designed correctly to work with a direct output mod and wind up being badly underpowered ruining the vape it gets. That’s really my only major issue with this. I do think there is some value though in the mod if it’s cheap as a simple stick with direct output and external batteries which is pretty rare. Last one i seen was the ehpro armor prime. SO if you wanted to pair this battery with say a aspire tigon tank and get a big increase in battery life and no worry about having to wait for it to charge that would be a nice set up, but outside of that not a kit i can recommend. I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recommendations linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Eleaf

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors