Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Eleaf Invoke Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the eleaf invoke kit. Disclaimer: this kit was sent to me from eleaf for the purpose of this review.

Introduction:
The Eleaf invoke kit is the latest dual battery kit form eleaf. It features the smallest dual 18650 mod i’ve personally seen and the ello t sub ohm tank which is a newer version of the ello tank that takes the same coils. It’s available in 4 colors green with black trim, SS with black trim, all black, and white with rose gold trim. The mod has all the modes you’d expect from eleaf including temp control for ni200, ss and ti, TCR, preheat function and reverse charging with an adapter sold separate.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • Size:45mm27mm118mm
  • Weight: 114g
  • Output wattage: 220W
  • E-liquid capacity: 2ml (Extendable to 4ml)
  • Maximum charging current: 2A
  • Maximum output current: 50A
  • Thread type: 510 thread
  • Battery type: high-rate 18650 battery
  • Output mode: VW/TC(Ni,Ti,SS,TCR-M1,M2,M3)
  • Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)
  • Resistance range: 0.1-3.5ohm (VW mode)
  • Temperature range: 100-315℃/200-600℉(TC modes)
Included in box:
  • 1 × Eleaf Invoke (without batteries)
  • 1 × ELLO T Atomizer
  • 1 × HW3 Triple-Cylinder 0.2ohm Head
  • 1 × HW4 Quad-Cylinder 0.3ohm Head
  • 1 × QC USB Cable
  • 2 × User Manuals
  • Spare Parts
Pictures and test results
Spreadsheet:
NpIIKH8.png

Stock Shot Colors:
invoke-with-ello-t1_04-3.jpg

Stock Shot tank:
invoke-with-ello-t_12.png

Size comparison 1:
YC0UlOq.jpg

Size Comparison 2:
EQExBDW.jpg

Size Comparison 3:
L1qyPsB.jpg

Hand Check:
0zki6rg.jpg

Box:
0rGTQRN.jpg

Weight mod only:
isbPBPB.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the size and weight of it. It’s the smallest dual 18650 mod i’ve ever seen personally and it’s extremely light. The screen is big and bright which was my only complaint about the ikonn 220 personally the dim screen so nice to see that addressed. The Ello T that comes with kit is a nice little tank. I’ve used the ello before and the only difference in the 2 really is the fill method. The Ello T uses a more standard 2 large hole top fill that you unscrew the cap to access over the slide back 1 hole top fill of the original ello.

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Before testing as i save that for last usually, i noticed in my vaping that the output of the mod was inconsistent. My puffs would sometimes feel weaker or stronger despite not changing the settings. So due to that it would be hard to actually test it’s accuracy so instead i decided to test for consistency. I used 4 builds like usual a .1, a .14 a .2 and a .46 ohm. I fired the mod at 220 watts 4 times and 100 watts 4 times on all the builds except the .46 where the mod due to it’s volt limit only lets me go as high as 139.1 so i tested that 4 times at 139 and 4 times at 70.

At .1 and 220 setting i got values of 205 watts twice, 186 watts once, and 169 watts once. So 3 different values in 4 attempts spanning a range of 36 watts. At 100 watts i got 93 3 times and 87 once so one out of 4 hit 6 watts weaker. For the .14 test at 220 i got 214 watts 3 times and 206 once so 1 out of 4 hit 8 watts weaker. At the 100 test it did 97 watts all 4 times. For the .2 test at 220 it fired 193 all 4 times. At the 100 setting it fired 89 twice, 84 once and 80 once so 2 out of 4 were different in a span of 9 watts. For the .46 test at 139 it fired 105 all 4 times. For the 70 test it fired 73 3 times and 70 once so 1 out of 4 was 3 watts lower than the rest.

The max outputs i got were 45 amps which is good for a dual battery mod (anything above 40 is good, 40 is the average at this point) but a little short of the 50 listed but no complaints there. Max watts i got were 214 so only 6 low of the listed 220 so no complaints there either. Max volts i got were 6.943 which is short of the 8 listed but still average for dual battery mods as most hit around 7 in my .5ish tests. So overall it’s pretty accurately rated and on par specwise with most dual mods.

Now what does all this mean? In short i fired the mod a total of 32 times for this testing 7 times the mod output a different amount than it’s “baseline” using the output most common as the baseline. In other words roughly 1 out of every 5 times i fired the mod it’s output was different despite not changing anything on the mod. Worse case the difference was 36 watts best case it was only a 3 watt difference. Out of the 8 tests performed only 3 times did all 4 puffs in the test group output the same. So more than half the time it couldn’t output 4 consistent puffs in a row

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS mode as well as TCR mode. I tested 6 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single coil and Fancy dual coil builds . With all builds the mod wouldn’t stay in temp control for a full day without kicking me out. The best i had was the simple round which lasted a few hours before the kick out. I also used one single coil SS430 clapton build in TCR mode that was able to last a few hours before kicked out. The temp control vape wasn’t bad but since it can’t stay in temp control mode, it’s an easy fail for me.

Other Usage Notes
The mod is the smallest dual 18650 I've seen. Very pocketable and light. It has a centered 510 pin and can accommodate up to a 27mm atomizer without any overhang. The menu system is great and easy to use it’s a 3 click system to get into the menu and each has it’s sub menu’s it’s very straightforward. The battery door is easy to open and close and has no gaps. The fire button is solid but the plus and minus have some rattle. I wanted to disassemble this device because it performed more like a joyetech/wismec mod of late and not the typical great performance I’ve gotten from the other eleaf mods i reviewed being the ikonn 220 and the pico 25. Sadly i couldn’t get it apart. So i thought I’d cheat a little and see if if DJL did a review, which he did but sadly he couldn’t get it apart either. The entire battery tray appears to be glued to the body of the mod. So sadly i can't see how it’s wired up that could be causing these performance issues.

Ello T Tank
The included Ello T Tank is cross compatible with the Ello coils. It uses the same HW coils. Since it’s a dual battery mod it comes with the 2 high watt coils the HW3 and HW4. I’ve reviewed these before but it’s nice to get a 2nd chance due to quality control and all. This time around the HW3 coil was very good. Above average flavor at around 75 watts but pushing 80 was close to burnt so i’d say best range 70-80 watts and was able to get a week out of it so average life. The HW4 coil however never gave me any good flavor and burned out after a few days usage. I think their low watt HW1 and HW2 coils are the best options for this tank personally but the HW3 has some potential if you get a good one.

The Ello T itself it’s a standard subohm tank that’s nearly identical to the original ello with the exception of the tip fill. Instead of the slide back, it has a more standard unscrew the cap with 2 large fill holes. It’s bottom air and comes with a 2ml glass and 4ml glass and adapter so you can use either capacity but for me, i opt for the 4ml. It’s a good tank with plenty of cross compatible coils. It’s 25mm in diameter and comes in a matching color to the mod

Pros:
  • Big bright screen
  • Looks and size (smallest dual 18650 mod)
  • Included Ello T tank is good
  • Easy menu system
  • comfortable shape
  • lightweight
  • pretty accurately rated
  • centered 510 accommodates up to 27mm atomizers
Cons:
  • Watt mode performance (inconsistent)
  • Temp Mode Performance (won’t stay in temp mode)
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no but this one has to go to the no for it’s inconsistent power output and kicking out of temp control as i lean heavy on performance. I’m sure some people won’t care or notice and will like it for it’s size, but for me it didn’t meet my standards so i can't put my name on it. It was disappointing because the pico 25 was really good in power mode and the ikonn was really good in power and temp modes with a minor con of the dim screen. I was hoping the invoke would perform more like the ikonn 220 but with a nicer screen and smaller size and it would have been perfect.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank Eleaf for sending me this for the purpose of this review.

Link to the invoke is here https://www.eleafus.com/e-cigarette/invoke-series.html

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No doubt the mod has issues. But for the price it is still decent. I also reviewed it. Yes, it will pop you out if TC but an upgrade will hopefully fix that. And yes it is a bit underpowered. It is not a Yihi or DNA. I also found I had to increase the watts by about 5-10 % depending on the coil to get what I wanted. I get that you will not recommend it. I have no qualms saying it is a small, ergonomic device that will suit power users.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No doubt the mod has issues. But for the price it is still decent. I also reviewed it. Yes, it will pop you out if TC but an upgrade will hopefully fix that. And yes it is a bit underpowered. It is not a Yihi or DNA. I also found I had to increase the watts by about 5-10 % depending on the coil to get what I wanted. I get that you will not recommend it. I have no qualms saying it is a small, ergonomic device that will suit power users.
You should have more qualms then lol. Tons of affordable devices that will work better. Eleaf told me they appreciated my objective review and will send the info to their engineers. You don't need to hype bad products to get review samples. I would feel bad recommending this mod to anyone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eleaf alway say they like the review, lol. Good or bad. I mentioned all the flaws, btw. And I had qualms,lol. No need to tell me what I should say or have. Don't get me wrong - I love your reviews. Painfully honest. But I still like the kit. I cannot help it. It is so small and convenient for me and it is built sturdy. Yes, it could be better no doubt. I love the centred 510- all mods should have one. In power it suits me fine. I rarely TC. All that said I'm a dyed in the wool squonker. I have a dozen squonks in the house and that is really what I use primarily.

An opinion of mine is just that. I tell the good and the bad when reviewing. In the end it is up to the caper to decide whether or not the kit suits their needs.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Eleaf alway say they like the review, lol. Good or bad. I mentioned all the flaws, btw. And I had qualms,lol. No need to tell me what I should say or have. Don't get me wrong - I love your reviews. Painfully honest. But I still like the kit. I cannot help it. It is so small and convenient for me and it is built sturdy. Yes, it could be better no doubt. I love the centred 510- all mods should have one. In power it suits me fine. I rarely TC. All that said I'm a dyed in the wool squonker. I have a dozen squonks in the house and that is really what I use primarily.

An opinion of mine is just that. I tell the good and the bad when reviewing. In the end it is up to the caper to decide whether or not the kit suits their needs.
liking something and saying it's good are 2 different things. I like the lux. it takes a 30mm atomizer, has good battery life and is comfy and small for a dual 26650 mod. but i can't recommended it as it's objectively not a good mod. There are tons of mods in the same price range that perform much better.

VU Sponsors